Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 11:42am

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    But Leo "Berador" Clausen isn't a kid. He's a supposed 10th Dan.
    i know that, im just talking about the people who join "Ninja Clans" :ninja7:

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 3:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah yes, Leo Clausen.

He challenged me to a bare-knuckles grudge match on Ashida Kim's board after I made some intemperate remarks about Ashida Kim and the ninjas who hung out there.

He lives in Denmark, I live in Colorado. I accepted his challenge with the codicil that he would have to travel to me as I really don't have the cash to be flying off to Europe.

Then I got banned. I emailed Leo to see if he was serious, and whether he would consider making the trip. He suggested that he might be able to and informed me that he had 20 years of experience and had trained Danish army units in H2H, at which point I became mildly concerned that I had accepted the challenge of one of the few niinjas who actually knew how to fight, and that I would just have to take my lumps graciously if he showed up.

I suggested that, to make the trip even more worth his while, we could schedule it during a throwdown so that after he and I had it out, he could demonstrate his skills to all and sundry, so doing his bit to publicly salvage the name of ninjitsu and Ashida Kim disciples.

He never answered one way or another regarding the throwdown, but asked me for the MMA ruleset, which I provided.

He also provided me a download link where I could see some of the koga techniques, which I had asked for. Although to be fair, he prefaced the link with the disclaimer that he was doing them against newbies and so they were done slowly and that the frame rate was slowed down even more in post-production,, I had to say that I would feel much more confident about potential victory in any putative match once I saw them.

http://www.ryoku.dk/request.php?1 , if you want to see it.

It seemed to me that most of the tech appeared to be direct invitations to be choked out or punched in the back of the head in my view.

Next, I discovered my ban on the Ashida Kim message boards had been lifted and I found that both he and AK were accusing me of punking out just because I can't travel to Europe. I sent him an email expressing my mild disappointment regarding this weird spin he was putting on events, reminded him about the throwdown suggestion, and I never heard back. *shrug*

Just for the record, mind you.

All in all, moderate drama over a fight that probably will never happen. Leo, if you're reading this, you should put an end to the ragging on AK and ninjitsu by attending a throwdown and generally owning. And you can still give me a good shoeing first, if you like.

In lieu of that, as travel costs aren't insignificant, why don't you post some video of your last fight, or take some video at the next one, then post it here?

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Beredor were to make an appearance in the US at a throwdown, I'd make it to that throwdown just on principle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 3:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenwaMandelbrot

He also provided me a download link where I could see some of the koga techniques, which I had asked for. Although to be fair, he prefaced the link with the disclaimer that he was doing them against newbies and so they were done slowly and that the frame rate was slowed down even more in post-production,, I had to say that I would feel much more confident about potential victory in any putative match once I saw them.

http://www.ryoku.dk/request.php?1 , if you want to see it.
    oh ... my ... God ...

is "Ryoku Ryu Ninpo Bagai" ninjaspeak for "KTFO and RNC entry techniques"?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 3:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, well, your elbow had better break ribs when doing the the techniques shown from about 7:56. If it doesn't and you're facing someone vaguely competent in BJJ or judo, then you're likely to be spending the rest of the fight frantically thrashing around on your back. Normally, one has to work with speed, strength and timing to get your opponent to present such a generous target. With this tech you just have to step slightly to one side and set your hooks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 4:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he has mastered teh deadly back-give!

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 5:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like he uses the typical "yeah. I'll fight you bitch." that ninjers love to use on people they know are on the other side of the world.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 6:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *grin* you could say the same about my acceptance of the challenge, I suppose.

Although I will say in my defense that I did offer to fight a proxy he nominated in the US if he couldn't attend, so long as said proxy felt sufficiently insulted about my mean comments to be willing to fight.

He posted the offer on the AK board but no one took it up. Not that I could really blame them as I presume that if they felt as ticked about it as Leo did, they would probably have challenged me themselves.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 6:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Virus: So what do you reckon to the techs in the video? Are any of these standard to the x-kans? I don't recognize any of them.

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 6:24pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We got anyone in Denmark?
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast