Page 1 of 23 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 7:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ashida Kim "koga" man to compete in MMA?

http://p206.ezboard.com/fashidakimme...icID=589.topic

I so want footage of that fight.

Since i haven't competed for many years (since i quit Kyokushinkai), i'm un-acustomed to getting in shape for championships / tournaments of any kind. My question is; what whould you advice (apart from / on top of the ordinary drills during training) to "get in shape" for something like that?

The reason that i'm asking this is that i've decided, along with my wife, that i'll go for the Combat Martial-Arts Worldchampionships this year. Maybe i'm setting high goals, but isn't that what life is for (setting goals)?

I sincerely hope some of you can give me some advice, so that i can get some metal around my neck (since naturally i strive for that), though less can do (though it will not feel as comfortable ;) !!

Sincerely, and in respect,
    It's from Berador, the guy with the terrible training video who's head is wider than his shoulders.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:39pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 11:42pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wtf is an MA-union? Are the karateka trying to keep the scab-fighters from joining the dojo?

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 12:03am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    0:01, disqualified by wetting himself.
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 12:10am

Style: JTKD/ARNIS/BJJ/km

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think its all bull. there is no fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 5:55pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like the guy might not be telling the truth.

The "competition" he's talking about is one where you submit a video of yourself and are graded to see if you are a "champion".

Details here: http://icmaua.com/Championship.htm

Also, here is the account of the competition he posted. It seems a little hokey.

"Well guess it's time for some info for you, since i've got a break now. The eliminations are over, AND I'M IN THE FINALS !!! Sofar, i've met some awfull opponents (but then again, that's what i expected ). The first 2 where Kung-Fu people (monkey-style & praying mantis, the last one was the worst!!), then i met a Kempo-fighter. The last 2 fights where bad, first i met a MMA-guy (he wasn't too rough, but MAN was he a royal pain when we hit the mats ) who squished me a bit (and bent a couple of ribs ). The last one was a Systema-guy, and MAN was he tough!!! It took me 12:54 to KO him (after having lost 1 tooth and having another chipped (thanks to a perfectly legit headbutt, that was stronger than my mouthguard could take )."
    Last edited by TakeAnother; 10/29/2005 7:53pm at .

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 6:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the first post on the 16/10/05 where he says he is considering entering a tournament to his "I Won" post on the 24/10/05 a total of eight days had passed. That's some pretty short notice. Great post takeanother:

Are you sure you're not telling us a tall tale?

It seems that the competition you're reffering to is completely unknown by people who live and breath for such compeititions.

Furthermore, it appears that the competition doesn't actually involve fighting. Instead, you submit a video or yourself. Then, they decide if you are a "champion" based on your video.

Here are the details: icmaua.com/Championship.htm

Please let me know if you have any evidence to refute this.
    My guess is they will delete that post but hopefully should provide some entertainment before it happens. I mean ****, going up against kempo, monkey and preying mantis fighters in the ring? Hasn't happend since 1992. Great find on that ICMUA bullshido, it looks like the competition eqivalent of a mail order black-belt.

Edited: Was looking at the organisation members list for the ICMAUA, http://www.icmaua.com/
    alot of ninjas of unverifiable styles on there and guess who pops up? The so-called pit fighter himself:

Quote Originally Posted by ICMAUA
    Ryoku Ryu

Denmark

Soke Leo Clausen

Kawachi Yon Tengu Ryu / Ryoku Ryu (Nin-Jutsu).

International Combat Ninjutsu Union ICMAUA Member.
    :owneddanc
    Last edited by Virus; 10/29/2005 6:56pm at .

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 7:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha. Just went to the guy's website and on his forum he has uploaded two of his techniques. A knife defence tech and a mount escape tech.

http://www.ryoku.dk/forum_viewtopic.php?7.34

Check those shitty videos out, oh and to the groundfighters out there, try that mount defense out at training.

And I also found his so-called bio:

My martial Arts 'carrer' started out when i was 11 years old, with Kyokushin-Kai. I enjoyed it a lot, and has adopted a few training-methods from that (such as a few body-conditioning techniques and the fact that we emphasize Kata's highly). After 3 years of Kyokushin-Kai, i ran across Kawachi Yon Tengu Ryu and was 'instantly hooked'. Over the years, i've spent some time in Japan (where i trained under Mishima Ooyama (may he rest in piece). In the mid '90's, he and i started developing the principles for Ryoku Ryu Ninpo Bugei (though it wasn't until January 2005 that it was formally founded). On 23'rd of August (2005), Mishima Ooyama died, leaving no apparent succesor for the Sokeship of Kawachi Yon tengu Ryu. After some debate, the O' Kaigi decided to hand the responsability to me, which left me as (not only) the 2'nd Soke & Co-founder of Ryoku Ryu Ninpo Bugei but also as the 38'th Soke of the Kawachi Yon Tengu Ryu Ninpo.
    Last edited by Virus; 10/29/2005 7:08pm at .

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a picture of the guy (he's on the right)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 7:56pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I am not out to bash Ashida Kim's message board. There are some posters there who post interesting, unorthodox information.

However, it looks like there is a clear disconnect here between somewhat "easily" verifiable objective facts and what the poster presented. I'm hoping that some of the senior members of that board will investigate and publically frown upon such behavior.
    Last edited by TakeAnother; 10/29/2005 7:58pm at . Reason: poor grammar
Page 1 of 23 1 234511 ... LastLast