Posted On:
    10/27/2005 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Your most recent injury:

2. Cause (please be as detailed as possible):
    possibly stomped, more likely just caught the damn thing on my opponent's shin guard.

3. Your initial diagnosis:
    none. later, "hey, my toe hurts." then, later, "holy ****, look at my fucking toe."

4. Medical diagnosis:
    i only go to the doctor when blood comes out of my ass.

5. Time and place of injury:
    saturday afternoon, the small ring at gainesville dojo.

6. Sensation during occurrence of injury (including a rating, between 1 and 10 of the pain):
    less than 1.

7. What activities may have contributed to the likelihood of this injury?
    throwing lead roundhouse kicks without pointing my toes.

8. Method of treatment:
    *limp* ouch! *limp* ouch!

9. Recovery time:
    couple weeks.

10: Current status of injury (including a pain rating between 1 and 10:
    less than 1.

11. Please state your style of MA (including the style you were practicing when the injury occurred):
    kickboxing (which is actually a sport and not an MA), muay thai rules minus elbows and knees to the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 3:09pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Your most recent injury: Blown ACL

2. Cause (please be as detailed as possible): Randori. Got hit by a ko-ouchi gari while in motion. Bang, end of story.

3. Your initial diagnosis: ARGH! AWWWW ****! Then came the acceptance, then denial then acceptance.

4. Medical diagnosis: Complete tear ACL(full laxity). Got 3 opinions prior to surgery.

5. Time and place of injury: Practice, January 2005.

6. Sensation during occurrence of injury (including a rating, between 1 and 10 of the pain): Flash of pain 6 rapidly changed to a 3.

7. What activities may have contributed to the likelihood of this injury? Fucking judo, duh. Also, tight hamstrings + loose hips. My ACL was shredded - at least 4-6 prior injuries to the ACL over the years according to my Doc

8. Method of treatment: Cutting (allograft). Inpatient surgery, overnight stay. General anaesthesia, femoral nerve blocking. Got to see the graft before they shaped it - kinda cool as I've never seen a fresh kneecap + tendon in a baggie before.

9. Recovery time: 1 week on the couch, 3 weeks crutches, 6 weeks pt. 6 month total so far. 18 months for total healing + assimilation into the body.

10: Current status of injury (including a pain rating between 1 and 10: No pain, but I know it's still not healed. Just started doing light standing and ground uchikomi and I'm perpetually at the gym doing my physio. No standing randori for another 6 months. I also have a custom don joy brace in metallic black with a padded neoprene cover that my partners don't seem to mind - the padding really helps.

11. Please state your style of MA: Judo.

12. Cost: with insurance, everything's cost about $1200. Without insurance, it would have cost $18,000 for the surgery alone. Go US healthcare!

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dislocated shoulder and some kind of tear in my right forearm.

Getting kimura'd by a mounted opponent. Bridged and rolled into the kimura. About halfway through I realized that wasn't a good idea, but could stop (it was a beautiful bridge).

Ouch this hurts... oh well, time to randori.

4. Medical diagnosis:

Doctors are for bitches.

Judo class ~9:00-9:30 pm

6. Sensation during occurrence of injury (including a rating, between 1 and 10 of the pain):

Probably a 6 or 7. The initial pain was much worse than afterwards.

Brainfarting while grappling.

8. Method of treatment:

Ignore and hope it gets better.

9. Recovery time:

Taking time off is for bitches.

When I'm not pulling anything or gripping anything its fine. Otherwise, a 2 or 3. The pain is worst (yeah, laugh it up) when whiping my ass (I only wish I was joking, the angle is weird).

11. Please state your style of MA (including the style you were practicing when the injury occurred):

Judo

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shattered left elbow

Rolled a very sweet BMW 525i:icon_cry:

My intiaial diagnosis was the are was ripped off because I couldn't move it. I knew I was still there when I could feel the blood driping form my finger tips.

4. Medical diagnosis:

Shattered humerous

June 2004, just outside os Schwend, Bayern Germany

Pain, pain, more pain

WORK!!!!

8. Method of treatment:

Surgery. 2 plates, 5 screws to rebuild the bone.

9. Recovery time:

3 months

Good but not the same. Pain anywhere betwee 1~5

No you're not the boss of me.

12. Cost:

FREE!!!! God bless TriCare :new_usa:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 3:54pm

Style: wing chun, muay thai, KB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please note that this thread is for MA and MA-related injuries only.

Please fill out the following information:

1. Your most recent injury: Broken/ Cracked Rib

2. Cause (please be as detailed as possible): Taking a punch

3. Your initial diagnosis: Damn, that hurts, I think I cracked a rib.

4. Medical diagnosis: Does this hurt? Looks like you cracked a rib.

5. Time and place of injury: 5:30 ish sat about 6 months ago. In Kickboxing

6. Sensation during occurrence of injury (including a rating, between 1 and 10 of the pain): Kind of a crack, and a shortness of breath for a second. only about a 4 on da pain scale.

7. What activities may have contributed to the likelihood of this injury? Taking a bad punch bad.

8. Method of treatment: Wrap + Ice.

9. Recovery time: 3-4 weeks, started feeling better in the next week, still hurt to take a deep breath.

10: Current status of injury (including a pain rating between 1 and 10: None, heeled like a champ. 0

11. Please state your style of MA (including the style you were practicing when the injury occurred): Boxing/Kickboxing

12. Cost: $0

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 4:03pm

Style: wing chun, muay thai, KB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA

Shattered left elbow

Rolled a very sweet BMW 525i:icon_cry:
    That'll teach you to take on those german cars huh?

Damn man, that sounds bad.

I Shattered my arm (twice actually) about ten years ago. The recovery is a bitch huh?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just post pictures from my camera phone in my training logs. Humorous and detailed descriptions are usually included. Like this:

6 stitches over the eye. Knee to the head. Stitches out in less than a week. Happened a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by Yrkoon9; 10/27/2005 4:24pm at .

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Your most recent injury: Right Knee. Specifically partiall torn MCL and PCL, ruptured ACL.

2. Cause (please be as detailed as possible): Kickboxing 20 years ago caused the rupture and removal of ACL. Karate training aggravated and caused the knee to collapse 3 times in six months.

3. Your initial diagnosis: Damn, my knee is the size of a watermelon!

4. Medical diagnosis: As above in question 1.

5. Time and place of injury: Dojo, 8ish in the evening, about 1 year ago.

6. Sensation during occurrence of injury (including a rating, between 1 and 10 of the pain): 7. It hurt, but not excruciating.

7. What activities may have contributed to the likelihood of this injury? Relaxing during techniques/Katas. Sparring didn't hurt it, actually.

8. Method of treatment: RICE, then surgery. Bone-Patellar-Bone ACL Replacement.

9. Recovery time: 26 weeks forecast. I'm in week 9

10: Current status of injury (including a pain rating between 1 and 10: 3. It's stiff and bugs me from time to time. Especially going down stairs.

11. Please state your style of MA (including the style you were practicing when the injury occurred): Karate (Wado Kai), also freestyle kickboxing 20 years ago.

12. Cost: $150 for post surgical brace, $50 in prescriptions (love Canada!), $3000 in lost income, $1500 for graphite sport brace, $35 for crutches. Total: $4715.

Hope this is what you wanted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 4:23pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Your most recent injury: I hurt my elbow

2. Cause (please be as detailed as possible): Got my arm cranked hard in a key lock while rolling.

3. Your initial diagnosis: I thought my elbow was completely shredded. Based on the popping noise my elbow made when cranked, the guy applying the key lock and the instructor both looked at each other, horrified, probably assuming my elbow was completely shredded. I got up, realized I could still move it, although it hurt, I did a few pushups to make sure I could put weight on it.

4. Medical diagnosis: If I can still move it, I'm not going to go to the doctor about it.

5. Time and place of injury: a few months ago at my old dojo.

6. Sensation during occurrence of injury (including a rating, between 1 and 10 of the pain): maybe a 7?

7. What activities may have contributed to the likelihood of this injury? Rolling with someone who wasn't quite a noob, but close enough (only about a month more training than me.) I'm normally pretty flexable, and resistant to various arm locks, so to compensate, the guy cranked it extra hard to get me to tap.

8. Method of treatment: Ice and rest.

9. Recovery time: I took about a week off, and after that asked my training partners not to crank my right arm.

10: Current status of injury (including a pain rating between 1 and 10: Day-to-day activities, including muay thai- 0. However, I can't really throw baseball-style without a lot of pain, and if I get put into a key lock while rolling, I'll tap out immediately- it hurts too bad to try to resist.

11. Please state your style of MA (including the style you were practicing when the injury occurred): muay thai and jujutsu currently - jujutsu only at the time.

12. Cost: Free!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 5:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Your most recent injury: Torn ligament in back

2. Cause (please be as detailed as possible): Either one of two things: a) Being slammed from head height in drunken challenge match or b) Random large blue belt shoulder striking me from a height in training

3. Your initial diagnosis: Cracked/Broken ribs

4. Medical diagnosis: Torn ligaments attaching lower ribs to spine

5. Time and place of injury: Either 0-dark-hundred, some time in January in Los Angeles, or early February, Rio de Janeiro

The feeling of getting crushed by some guy weighing far too much Pain rating: about a 3

7. What activities may have contributed to the likelihood of this injury?:

Training in general

8. Method of treatment: Rest, Heat and ultrasound treatment, lots of physiotherapy sessions

9. Recovery time: About 3-4 months

10: Current status of injury (including a pain rating between 1 and 10: 0

BJJ

12. Cost:

Probably about $400- $500
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast