Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. That one sounds (and looked) nasty. my condolences. What were you trying to do, exactly? Why were you jumping over whatever that was?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Were you able to hear the sound in the video, it is wicked and very loud. I was at the end of my black belt test and the last thing I had to do was a jumping side kick over some boxes, land, do a roll over more boxes of the same height. I noticed that the boxes were to close together so I thought I would slow myself down when I landed but obviously that did not work out too well.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Your most recent injury: Fractured left Clavicle, Distal (Ligaments intact)

2. Cause: Was practicing forward rolls during warm-up for the BJJ class, and smashed the injured area off the ground mid-roll.

3. Your initial diagnosis: "It feels sore, especially when somebody has me in a lock - must have damaged some ligaments"

4. Medical diagnosis: Before X-ray - "It's probably just damaged ligaments"
    After X-ray - "It's broken"

5. Time and place of injury: During a BJJ class (part of JKD club training)

6. Sensation during occurrence of injury : Had a wee sharp stab of pain at moment of break, so about 5 - it only felt a bit numbish after that (Call it a 1) but everytime a lock was on at the shoulder, there would be noticable pain (call it a 5 in this case).

7. What activities may have contributed to the likelihood of this injury? Rolling on the ground over the left shoulder.

8. Method of treatment : A sling, some painkillers and a stern warning to keep my left arm immobile.

9. Recovery time: Sling came off today after 18 days - been told to avoid anything other than light upper-body work (Which throws bagwork out the window) for three months by the family doctor.

10: Current status of injury : Injury is now 18 days old, bone on the top of the shoulder protudes a bit more compared to the other shoulder. Feels a bit stiff when I move it, but otherwise I don't feel anything - Less than 1.

11. Please state your style of MA (including the style you were practicing when the injury occurred): Jeet Kune Do - was doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu when the injury occurred.

12. £0

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011