Just read that, it gave me some pointers as well! ^_^

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 6:13am

Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update:

My current Pediatrician is 82 years old, so I went to my Otoosan's doctor to get an exam. It turns out my weight may not be affecting my blood pressure but rather my thyroid.

I'll still keep the training up, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 7:53am

Style: Brasilian Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    ^^ Ignore him.

Starving yourself won't work for two reasons:

Your body will scream at you for food. You NEED food. Sooner or later you'll give in, because you can't stand the hunger and when that happens...

Your body will quickly hoard all of the calores and turn them into fat, because it thinks your food supply is short, so you need fat so you won't die.
    This is the crap you hear every fucking self-proclaimed expert repeating all over. More often if they charge you for their "advice", maybe they really don't want you losing weight?

1300-1400 kcal a day is not starving and shouldn't feel like it if you take it for example from tuna and other high protein foods. Although it is totally natural to feel hunger when losing weight.

Listen to Macistani, he has it right.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 9:57am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macistani
    I'm going to chime in here as someone who went from 330lbs (~40% Body Fat) to 200lbs (~12% Body Fat) over the course of a year.

I've gone from 390 to 290 over about 8 months.

The most important thing, more important than exercise of any type, is what you eat. Rule #1 of weight loss is do not eat ANYTHING unless you know EXACTLY how many calories are in it.

Agreed.

Rule #2: CALORIES ARE ALL THAT MATTERS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS SECONDARY. Don't stress over protien or carbs or fat or anything else at this point, just make it a policy to never eat more than 1600 calories a day.

Agree cals are important, disagree on the number. Everyone is different, and 1600 cals is barely BMR.

Rule #3: Thou shalt drink only water and nothing else, ever.

Yup.

Rule #4: Thou shalt take a multi-vitamin daily, but thou shalt not take any other suppliments.

Multi = good. Other sup's like protien are good too.

Rule #5: Thou shalt drink AT LEAST a gallon of water every day.

Just stay hydrated.

Rule #6: Thou shalt not weigh thyself more than once a week, and if you cheat, you shall not weigh thyself for at least 4 days afterwards. (Your body will retain a lot of water to process the extra food and you'll weight about 5lbs more during this period, its a huge ego blow so don't get on the scale)

No fucking way at all. Daily. Weigh yourself daily and chart your progress. With a little math effort ("exponentially smoothed moving average with 10% smoothing'') you should see your weight trending downward. Feedback is important. "fail faster to succeed sooner."

Rule #7: Thou shalt weight lift three times a week, but thou shalt do compound lifts like dips, pullups, squats, and deadlifts.

Yes, but not if you're eating only 1600 cals.

Rule #8: Thou shalt do cardio 2 or 3 times a week.

Yes, but not if you're eating only 1600 cals.

Rule #9: Thou shalt rest at least 1 day a week.

Yup.

Rule #10: Thou shalt talk to thy doctor if thy havest any medical conditions.

Yup.

Rule #11: For the first month, you will be cranky, hungry, angry, and generally an asshole as your body goes through withdraw. You'll want to quit with every fiber of your being. Don't quit. After a month of not cheating, your body will adapt and you'll feel much, much better than you used to feel. It gets easier.

It'll be hard, but that's a bit much.

Rule #12: I learned this the hard way, if your hair starts falling out, you will up your daily calories. Eating too little is just as bad as eating too much.

Told you 1600 was too low. :bduh:

Finally, Rule #13: Tuna is your best goddamn friend in the world. I eat it once a day, and I highly recommend it.

Lean protien + Omega3's = good.

Radio Edit: Rule #14: Thou shalt eat a minimum of 3 meals a day. Thou shalt always eat thy breakfast. Thou shalt attempt to eat 6 meals a day.

Yes.

comments in-line.

Registered Member

I'm surrounded by farms in middle america.

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 4:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, my hair was falling out when I did a month at 900 calories, not 1600.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 3:40am

Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    -Exercise with intensity. If you aint sweatin' and pantin' you aint workin' hard enough.

Addendum: I always exercise with the SUPERTONIC FIRE, keeping my heart rate up at 190. I'm no slouch about my cardio.

There is improvement. My pants are getting looser and pants that used to be too tight are fitting. :new_smile

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 1:40pm

Style: Hashashin.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php - this site is great.

For men above a certain height, I believe the guidelines are 1500 calories.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234