Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 7:11am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Animals run everyday and they're still alive.
    a;ljkfsdalk;;

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 8:56am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Animals can also synthesize their own Vitamin C, similar to how humans can synthesize Vitamin D through sunlight on our skin and a metabolic process involving cholesterol. Animal physiology isn't always paralleled by human physiology.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've said this before;if you want a full body work-put swimmimg of even mountain climbing will do it better than walking.

Edit:Depending on your age;your knees will most likely give-out before your heart will.

Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 10/27/2005 5:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 1:28am

Style: Shuai Jiao/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhh.. can anyone explain this?

Article

Specifically this:

Many sportsmen are struck down in their youth due to the heart-related problems. Tremendous levels of physical activity force the heart of a sportsman to work like a pump, which leads to partially irreversible left ventricular hypertrophy with impaired left ventricular diastolic filling.

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 2:03am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varangian Guard
    Uhh.. can anyone explain this?

Article

Specifically this:

Many sportsmen are struck down in their youth due to the heart-related problems. Tremendous levels of physical activity force the heart of a sportsman to work like a pump, which leads to partially irreversible left ventricular hypertrophy with impaired left ventricular diastolic filling.
    Hypertrophy? Yes. That just means an enlarged left ventricle, which is fine as long as it is vascularized properly. Impaired diastolic filling? I have not read this before. I'm not sure what I think about www.anti-aging.com in general, though. On the other hand, it is fairly irrelevant unless you're planning on becoming a professional marathon runner or some such.

Most of the athletes I'm aware of that die young from cardiovascular conditions are football players that are too fat for their own good. Too much strain on the ol heart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 2:13am

Style: Shuai Jiao/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I had thought regular cardio and such will increase the strength and endurance of your heart; and thus also making it bigger. Which most sources have told me it was a good thing; correct me if I'm wrong. Though... is it possible for the heart to be too big?

Anyway, in the article, it seems to 'condemn' the enlargment (hypertrophy) on the heart...

As for this impaired diastolic filling, I haven't heard of it before either, well not because of "Tremendous levels of physical activity". If anything, I've heard that such cardio will even increase diastolic filling.

Ugh, I dont like this medical stuff. Endless number of articles each contradicting each other. -_-
    Last edited by Varangian Guard; 10/29/2005 2:16am at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123