Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 8:46pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His best option is to describe the training he did in Moscow in great detail instead of trying to skate by on meaningless pladitudes.

"Would recommend anyone form whatever background to train over there. Witnessed him in action and in the flesh, his top students currently active members or ex members of Russian Special Forces or Special operation units. These guys were the real deal and humble wuth it."

take a look at this meaningless bullshit, provide facts about what you actually saw, then give us your opinion. Otherwise you're just another nutrider.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    "Would recommend anyone form whatever background to train over there. Witnessed him in action and in the flesh, his top students currently active members or ex members of Russian Special Forces or Special operation units. These guys were the real deal and humble wuth it."
    That could equally be:

"Would recommend anyone form whatever background to train with Ashida Kim. Witnessed him in action and in the flesh, his top students currently active members or ex members of insert impressive group here or insert other impressive group here. These guys were the real deal and humble wuth it."

Ya think?

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 11:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    Oh come on, don't you think that's a little... intollerant?
    I feel pretty similiar (although I know nothing of systema!).

Is it *intolerant*?

**** Yes. THere's a ton of **** I won't tolerate. Racial bigotry is one of those things.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 7:21am

Style: Systema/ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In reply to comments made, here don,t shoot me just because you are not impressed by what has been written by others on the net. Fact, I least I made the effort to spend money and my time to see what it was all about. Fair enough some of you might be sceptical, so am I, which is why I travelled over there. It has been said before, but you can only benefit feeling it and then make your mind up. Before we get any silly comments. I am a former boxer and boxed at a good standard and feel confident about holding my own in most situations. I had real life experiences and have a realistic view about martial arts and what work will out there in the street.

It might be worth pointing out that I train in the Bujinkan and have a Sports Science degree.

Lets look at taking and receiving strikes. I was asked to punch one of Michaels top student, who is a cossack. Given full reign to hit him with any body shots. I hit him with shots that have knocked people out in the ring and would have destroyed most people. I am of stocky build and weigh aprox 13 stone. It had very little effect. Michael hit him with a variety of very simple and what looked liked easy shots, Sergi collapsed in a heap and was practically uncounscious and finding it difficult to breath. Michael would then walk over kick his foot and he would revive him. He dmonstared so many other techniques to the face, on him and even British students, it was amazing to see. There was another occasssion when I was asked to receive shots to the body by Michael, I have been hit hard before, but never like this. iT IS VERY HARD TO DESCRIBE, BUT IT FELT LIKE i HAD BEEN shot and that there was air pressure in my body had been effected and was moving to different parts of my body, into my internal organs. My arms would have to move to allow this pressure to escape. Then he would hit me with another shot, which can be only desrcibed as a healing one. I would suddenly feel full of energy the effects of the last shot would totally disappear. I witnessed another British student been hit and he found it difficult to breath. He later desrcibed that one of his longs had collapsed and the air in there travelled over to the other lung, and he was stuck unable to do anything. Michael then punched him someone else and completly relieved the situation. Sound crazy but that is what happens. I have never seen strikes or felt lstrikes like these before. Most people cam hit hard, but there is a different technique to the strikes that you will find no one else. I even witnesses Michael hitting someone, making all his muscles tense up and shut down, the person was unable to move. Micael would then touch this person in certain places and reactivate these one by one. Believe I could not believe what I was seeing. For the record I am as sceptical as anyone hence the fact that I traveeled to Moscow to see it for my self. What is even more scary is that Michael said that he was holding back. I can tell you if that was the case then I would not want to be on the receiving end of these. I am a boxer and know what it is like to give and receive punches but this is a different level.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 7:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is also worth point out that when I was there, there was a black student training called aaron from the UK. He has been working and training over there for a year. Any talk of racial bigotry is way of the mark. I am Irish and have been on the receiving end of some silly stuff. But to label Michael as a racist is way of the mark, I have never met a kinder and more a nicer human being.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So we can now sumrise that systema = Russian Ki powers? Quick, someone notify Chrono.

Gringo Grande

PS: If you've "fought" in the ring please link us to and/or provide fight record, experience, photos, videos, or any proof that you have real ring experience. Thanks.
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:47am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemavin
    In reply to comments made, here don,t shoot me just because you are not impressed by what has been written by others on the net.
    I don't think that it is an issue of people not being impressed by what they've read so much so as it is an issue that what has been written has been subjective, all from a Systema enthusiast's point of view. Unfortunately, several opportunities have been presented to detractors of Systema to experience things first hand, free of charge (or at substantially reduced fees), and the detractors back pedaled instead of investing a little of their time. I wasn't a detractor, but I wasn't convinced that Systema was anything more than what it appeared to be. In the stead of one naysayer, I attended a Systema seminar and was impressed enough to add it to my training regimen. Unfortunately, not too many others are as willing to test out their theories in the lab or on the mat... Some have, most don't.

Fact, I least I made the effort to spend money and my time to see what it was all about. Fair enough some of you might be sceptical, so am I, which is why I travelled over there. It has been said before, but you can only benefit feeling it and then make your mind up.
    And that is what pretty much everyone on Bullshido (minus the trolls) agrees - direct, firsthand experience is the only real barometer of effectiveness. Unfortunately, not everyone has the disposable income to catch a flight to Russia just to confirm what they think they already know (which is half their problem to begin with - they think they know, but don't...).

Before we get any silly comments. I am a former boxer and boxed at a good standard and feel confident about holding my own in most situations. I had real life experiences and have a realistic view about martial arts and what work will out there in the street.
    You saying you are a former boxer is all well and good, but some folks here aren't going to believe a word you say until and unless you can provide them some form of documentation to show you've fought and (preferably) won. Otherwise it's no different than anyone else making an unsubstantiated claim to being a 93rd dan in Uber Super Do Ryu. I'm not saying you aren't telling the truth; I'm saying that nothing you provide right here, via this forum, minus video or photographic evidence, really constitutes "proof" of anything, including the legitimacy of Vlad or Mikhail.

It might be worth pointing out that I train in the Bujinkan and have a Sports Science degree.
    Lets look at taking and receiving strikes... *SNIP*...I am a boxer and know what it is like to give and receive punches but this is a different level.
    How does that change anything? How does the art you study necessarily make your comments any more valid than anyone else's? Osiris, God love him, studies Tae Kwon Do for Christ's sake! That would, in most peoples' eyes, invalidate pretty much anything he says. But he's got fights under his belt, has proven himself publicly, so people listen to him. It ain't about the art, it's about the fighter, and so far you haven't laid the foundation for your believability... Your comments sound little different from any other new converted believer...

Bottom line, I believe Systema is a good method of training. It has value. But going just on your good word that "it's really great," won't float around here. I'm on your side, really... I'll never leave my training in Yiliquan (not that Systema would require it), but I value Systema enough to train in it myself. But don't expect a ton of support from most Bullshido folks, I'm just saying...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Matt for making the effort to write can see what you are syaing and I respect you for that. I thought it would be useful to inform people about my experiences, but unfortunately you get some idiots, then trying to have ago. If people are willing to be open minded and at least train and try it then that is there loss. I boxed for a boxing club in Dundalk Co.Louth Ireland, Dun Delgan club, my first fight was against the all Ireland champion at the time, (I won easily) from Jonsboro Armagh N.Ireland. I was informed many people that I was good enough to go pro, but that is a different story. Barry Mc Guigan use to train from time to time at this club. I have nothing to prove to anyone, people can either belief or not, it is up to then. I regularly train in Accrington and Manchester in the Bujinkan, and the system. People are welcome to turn up and train and spar if they wish no rules. Thanks for the effort. All I am saying is that it is worth training with these guys. Who are in the end experienced professionals of the higest calibre, I one should always listen to experience.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If any of you guys can replicate blows like that, that are different to being winded. I'm prepared to let you hit me at a UK throwdown.;)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 11:00am

Style: Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time your knee got f**ked from a game of push hands and now you are asking to be hit?????

Paul Genge
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast