Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 4:01pm

Style: Systema/ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Traing in Moscow with General Rykabo

Had a very interesting time and experience in recently in Moscow, training with the head of the Russian Martial Art Systema. For the record an ex boxer and currently train in Bujinkan Ninjutsu and the system. Would recommend anyone form whatever background to train over there. Witnessed him in action and in the flesh, his top students currently active members or ex members of Russian Special Forces or Special operation units. These guys were the real deal and humble wuth it.

Vin

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 4:48pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately, given what I've read from another Russian member on the board (HAPKO3), I'll never try the system.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch...p/t-22968.html

Systema, as an institution, unfortunately has a very strong antisemitic trend. Ryabko has, as a commecial move, allied himself with a radical faction within the Russian Orthodox Church some time ago, and got them to endorse it as a real Russian Orthodox Martial Art suited for Russian Christians, as opposed to all those heathen arts such as Karate and Kung Fu, which are designed to indoctrinate pagan eastern religions into naive children of Mother Russia. After this happened (a couple years ago or so) Ryabko's Systema has started attracting a certain type of people and, ultimately, turned into a nationalistic, and deeply antisemitic, cult of sorts. This is being downplayed in the US and Canada and emphasized in Russia.

Ryabko's systema is not the only Systema around, by the way, it's an offshot of Kadichnikov's Systema, which is much more popular in Russia (and lacks the cultish properties of Ryabko's) but is not exported into the US and Canada.

Disclaimer: I have only heared good things avout Vasilyev. As far as I know, he's a good person, a capable fighter, and not an antisemite. Unfortunately, though, the organization that he's a part of is begining to look worse and worse.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 4:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you wont try systema just because they're a little anti-semitic? I mean come on, who isn't?

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 4:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    So you wont try systema just because they're a little anti-semitic? I mean come on, who isn't?
    You're absolutely right. I won't. Just like I won't train with people who are homophobic, even though I'm straight. I don't tolerate bigots and want nothing to do with them beyond laughing at them at a distance.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 4:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh come on, don't you think that's a little... intollerant?

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 5:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're more predictable than a rigged game. Now stop the spamming.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 5:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are they anti-semmitic?

As in, what makes them hate Jews?

EDIT: Nevermind, the whole "religion" thing. Bleah....

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 2:00pm

Style: Systema/ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Systema

I did not get that impression when I was there. I can honestly say that on the last day, there were a number of peole who were training at his house, and one of them was Jewish, and he even stayed for a meal. Fact can be stranger than fiction. I think there is alot of nonsense written on this site at times. Michael is a friend of kadasncov, I saw a picture of them happily together? Michael was trained by his father, who was also in the special forces!

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 7:31pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systemavin

You have all of 6 posts here... I'd recommend you do a little searching around to see how the Bullshido community feels about Systema. In short, you won't find the waters here too receptive to Vlad's and Mikhail's methods.

There isn't much in the way of outright insults hurled toward Systema, labeling it as true, dyed-in-the-wool Bullshido, but the general feeling isn't one of acceptance. As a part-time Systema student (I'm on "hold" right now because there are no Systema clubs anywhere near where I live currently, but I will resume my training in Seattle when I return to the US), even I can acknowledge that some of the things published, in writing, video, etc., haven't cast the System in the best light.

Your best bet, if you are trying to develop a favorable opinion of Systema in this forum, is to make your arguments educated, thought out to completion, tested against a non-compliant opponent, and preferably post video of technical applications. Otherwise you won't gain much ground at all.

Enjoy.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast