232286 Bullies, 4106 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 10:18am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the hell won't "Jerry" give his last name, or did I just miss seeing it somewhere?

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    10/30/2005 6:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Why the hell won't "Jerry" give his last name, or did I just miss seeing it somewhere?
    Maybe, like Cher, Jaws and 50 Cent.....he doesn't have one.

But then there's nothing to distinguish him from (Tom and) Jerry.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/30/2005 7:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yush
    Heh,

The only Paulo Coelho i've heard of is a new-age author (The Alchemist etc).

Maybe he's his spiritual mentor as well?
    HA!

The Life of Pi walks all over the Alchemist :book1:
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 4:27pm

Style: Fighting without fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow!.. RBSD "str33t" BJJ in all its glory. :)

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 9:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leper Messiah,

You now have, officially, the wittiest handle on Bullshido
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 9:48pm

Style: Tai Chi and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

In defense of my friend and instructor, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Jerry

My name is Trent Stokes and I am from Melbourne Australia. I have been a practitioner of the martial arts for over 15 years, I am a contributor to Blitz Magazine (Australasia’s Premier Martial Arts Magazine) and I am currently a student of the accused “fraud” Jerry. Via several members of Melbourne’s martial arts community, I was made aware of the disgraceful claims that Jerry was not in fact a BJJ Black belt because none of you have heard of him before. Thank you to John Le Busque, 6th dan black belt in Taekwondo and head instructor of Prahran Taekwondo School for posting a reply on Jerry’s behalf, I will attempt to expand on the details you have already given. John is correct in saying that Jerry does not have access to the internet and so I have decided to come to his defense.

Jerry’s full name is Jerry Mohamad Assad and he was granted his Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 2004 by his teacher and long time friend Paulo Eduardo G. Brandao aka Paulo Coelho who is Chief instructor of Clube Paulo Coelho De Jiu-Jitsu, based in Mamaus, Brazil. He can be contacted to verify this fact on 0011 5592 3642 4630 or mobile 0011 5592 8116 6865. As I doubt any of you are truly ‘connected’ to the BJJ scene in Brazil, and you will probably doubt any name that doesn’t end in Gracie or Machado, Paulo Coelho was trained by Royler Gracie at the Gracie Humaita Academy in Rio de Janeiro. If you have any doubt about this fact, then please contact fellow student of Royler, Bruno Panno who trained under Royler at the same time as Paulo. He can be contacted at the Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy in Sydney Australia http://www.graciesydney.com) of which he is the chief instructor (mobile: 0425 277 346),

Jerry trained with Paulo for over 10 years until his decision to come to Melbourne Australia to teach, which he did roughly 4 years ago with the blessings of his instructor. Jerry has been teaching at Prahran Taekwondo for the last 3 years and he currently has roughly 20 students, of which I am one. His students now consist of 1 purple belt, 9 blue belts and the rest are beginners. I have read on the forum that Jerry charges $50 (AUS) per class, I can tell you that this is an outright fabrication, he actually charges $70 (AUS) per month for unlimited Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu lessons consisting of up to 3 hour sessions 5 times per week. Now that is great value by anyone’s standards, in fact I think you would struggle to find another instructor who makes their classes so financially accessible to the public. Jerry focuses on street orientated self defense (yes, BJJ can actually be used to defend yourself on the street, not just the ring!). The likely reason you have not heard of him is because his students, who are primary Taekwondo students, are not involved in BJJ competition as the art is taught with an emphasis on real world self defense to complement the student stand up skills. Next year (2006) Paulo and a senior instructor by the name of Marcelo Gomes will be coming to Melbourne from Brazil to help Jerry prepare the seniors for competition. No doubt this will bring Jerry the recognition he deserves as a genuine instructor with a true passion for the art.

Next, the photo’s on the site. Keeping in mind that Jerry does not have access to the internet, up until I made him aware of these accusations, he was not aware that photo’s of him executing technique were on the site. The responsibility of maintaining the site falls to a student at the club who has expertise in web content management, not Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Those shots where taking whilst messing around at the club one day and have found there way onto the site. By no means are these photos a reflection of Jerry’s skills.

Now for all of you out there who are not satisfied with the qualifications I have described above or with the legitimate contacts I have given you to verify Jerry’s qualifications, I have included here via the link below, a scanned copy of his Black belt Certificate as issued by Paulo Coelho in the Brazilian language of Portuguese. Should the quality of this scan not suffice, email me and I will send it straight to you.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c154/T...=blackbelt.jpg

I have also included a certificate issued to one of Jerry’s students. I have included this to show you that the certificates issued are done so via the Clube Paulo Coelho De Jiu-Jitsu, and not by Jerry himself. This should serve as further proof of the legitimacy of the organization he heads here in Melbourne.

I guess this very long and thorough response may get you all wondering why I am making such an effort to rebut these accusations on this rather insignificant website. Well there are two reasons. The first is that not one of you had the balls to actually call Jerry and take your accusations to the source. What did happen though was a torrent of nasty and abusive emails via the website. This was extremely immature and caused unnecessary anguish to those who receive the emails as well as causing unnecessary doubt in the minds of the students of the school.

The second reason and the most important one is that since this post appeared on the front page of this site, this accusation has flown around the internet and has now appeared on several websites. What many of you don’t realize is that despite the world community of martial artists consisting of hundreds of thousands of practitioners, this community is relatively small in terms of the world’s population as a whole. As such, word spreads and it spreads fast, particularly here in Australia where the community is extremely small. Now here in Melbourne, we have been lucky enough to gain access to a genuine and highly skilled Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor. Accusations such as these can cause extreme damage not only to one’s reputation but also to one’s livelihood. If we did not vehemently deny these allegations, then the possibility of Jerry’s reputation being completely destroyed before he even establish himself, here could result in him having to stop teaching all together (no students = no money = no roof over his head). In that event, we the community of martial artist in Melbourne could lose a true gem of knowledge, and that would be a very, very sad event indeed.

This site is all about exposing frauds, and I must say up until this point, you seem to have done a great job of exposing the Ashida Kim’s of the martial arts world. I believe a service like this is necessary in our community as frauds are a dime a dozen and give a bad name to all martial artists everywhere. However, next time you decide to throw around slanderous accessions, take some time to think about the damage you could cause a genuine individual who’s only desire is share his knowledge with the world.

As a result of this post, I would like to see not only this post removed from the front page of this site, but also a formal apology in its place. I understand that the owners of this site claim to have no responsibility for the contents of their forums; however I will remind them that they do have a responsibility to the community that serve to keep the BS off their site, and these accusations are certinly a bunch of BS! If this is not the case, what exactly is the point of “Bullshido: Martial Arts Without the BS”? I understand that it is the individual who goes by the alias NSLightsout who began this thread, however it is also the site host who is responsible for having Jerry’s picture alongside these false accusation posted on the front page. It is your choice whether or not to comply with the above mentioned request; however it’s now your integrity on the line, not Jerry’s.

To Mr NSLightsout , where was the research? This was pure ignorance on your part. Rather than spending your time falsely accusing others of being frauds, why don’t you spend your time actually training in the martial arts. Maybe then you won’t need to hide behind your alias and give YOUR credentials up for scrutiny.

Until that day,

Trent Stokes

email: trentjstokes@aol.com

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 10:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [Stupid post edited by Phrost].....
    What am I?:

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 11:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Stokes
    My name is Trent Stokes and I am from Melbourne Australia. I have been a practitioner of the martial arts for over 15 years, I am a contributor to Blitz Magazine (Australasia’s Premier Martial Arts Magazine) and I am currently a student of the accused “fraud” Jerry. Via several members of Melbourne’s martial arts community, I was made aware of the disgraceful claims that Jerry was not in fact a BJJ Black belt because none of you have heard of him before. Thank you to John Le Busque, 6th dan black belt in Taekwondo and head instructor of Prahran Taekwondo School for posting a reply on Jerry’s behalf, I will attempt to expand on the details you have already given. John is correct in saying that Jerry does not have access to the internet and so I have decided to come to his defense.

Jerry’s full name is Jerry Mohamad Assad and he was granted his Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 2004 by his teacher and long time friend Paulo Eduardo G. Brandao aka Paulo Coelho who is Chief instructor of Clube Paulo Coelho De Jiu-Jitsu, based in Mamaus, Brazil. He can be contacted to verify this fact on 0011 5592 3642 4630 or mobile 0011 5592 8116 6865. As I doubt any of you are truly ‘connected’ to the BJJ scene in Brazil, and you will probably doubt any name that doesn’t end in Gracie or Machado, Paulo Coelho was trained by Royler Gracie at the Gracie Humaita Academy in Rio de Janeiro. If you have any doubt about this fact, then please contact fellow student of Royler, Bruno Panno who trained under Royler at the same time as Paulo. He can be contacted at the Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy in Sydney Australia http://www.graciesydney.com) of which he is the chief instructor (mobile: 0425 277 346),

Jerry trained with Paulo for over 10 years until his decision to come to Melbourne Australia to teach, which he did roughly 4 years ago with the blessings of his instructor. Jerry has been teaching at Prahran Taekwondo for the last 3 years and he currently has roughly 20 students, of which I am one. His students now consist of 1 purple belt, 9 blue belts and the rest are beginners. I have read on the forum that Jerry charges $50 (AUS) per class, I can tell you that this is an outright fabrication, he actually charges $70 (AUS) per month for unlimited Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu lessons consisting of up to 3 hour sessions 5 times per week. Now that is great value by anyone’s standards, in fact I think you would struggle to find another instructor who makes their classes so financially accessible to the public. Jerry focuses on street orientated self defense (yes, BJJ can actually be used to defend yourself on the street, not just the ring!). The likely reason you have not heard of him is because his students, who are primary Taekwondo students, are not involved in BJJ competition as the art is taught with an emphasis on real world self defense to complement the student stand up skills. Next year (2006) Paulo and a senior instructor by the name of Marcelo Gomes will be coming to Melbourne from Brazil to help Jerry prepare the seniors for competition. No doubt this will bring Jerry the recognition he deserves as a genuine instructor with a true passion for the art.

Next, the photo’s on the site. Keeping in mind that Jerry does not have access to the internet, up until I made him aware of these accusations, he was not aware that photo’s of him executing technique were on the site. The responsibility of maintaining the site falls to a student at the club who has expertise in web content management, not Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Those shots where taking whilst messing around at the club one day and have found there way onto the site. By no means are these photos a reflection of Jerry’s skills.

Now for all of you out there who are not satisfied with the qualifications I have described above or with the legitimate contacts I have given you to verify Jerry’s qualifications, I have included here via the link below, a scanned copy of his Black belt Certificate as issued by Paulo Coelho in the Brazilian language of Portuguese. Should the quality of this scan not suffice, email me and I will send it straight to you.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c154/T...=blackbelt.jpg

I have also included a certificate issued to one of Jerry’s students. I have included this to show you that the certificates issued are done so via the Clube Paulo Coelho De Jiu-Jitsu, and not by Jerry himself. This should serve as further proof of the legitimacy of the organization he heads here in Melbourne.

I guess this very long and thorough response may get you all wondering why I am making such an effort to rebut these accusations on this rather insignificant website. Well there are two reasons. The first is that not one of you had the balls to actually call Jerry and take your accusations to the source. What did happen though was a torrent of nasty and abusive emails via the website. This was extremely immature and caused unnecessary anguish to those who receive the emails as well as causing unnecessary doubt in the minds of the students of the school.

The second reason and the most important one is that since this post appeared on the front page of this site, this accusation has flown around the internet and has now appeared on several websites. What many of you don’t realize is that despite the world community of martial artists consisting of hundreds of thousands of practitioners, this community is relatively small in terms of the world’s population as a whole. As such, word spreads and it spreads fast, particularly here in Australia where the community is extremely small. Now here in Melbourne, we have been lucky enough to gain access to a genuine and highly skilled Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor. Accusations such as these can cause extreme damage not only to one’s reputation but also to one’s livelihood. If we did not vehemently deny these allegations, then the possibility of Jerry’s reputation being completely destroyed before he even establish himself, here could result in him having to stop teaching all together (no students = no money = no roof over his head). In that event, we the community of martial artist in Melbourne could lose a true gem of knowledge, and that would be a very, very sad event indeed.

This site is all about exposing frauds, and I must say up until this point, you seem to have done a great job of exposing the Ashida Kim’s of the martial arts world. I believe a service like this is necessary in our community as frauds are a dime a dozen and give a bad name to all martial artists everywhere. However, next time you decide to throw around slanderous accessions, take some time to think about the damage you could cause a genuine individual who’s only desire is share his knowledge with the world.

As a result of this post, I would like to see not only this post removed from the front page of this site, but also a formal apology in its place. I understand that the owners of this site claim to have no responsibility for the contents of their forums; however I will remind them that they do have a responsibility to the community that serve to keep the BS off their site, and these accusations are certinly a bunch of BS! If this is not the case, what exactly is the point of “Bullshido: Martial Arts Without the BS”? I understand that it is the individual who goes by the alias NSLightsout who began this thread, however it is also the site host who is responsible for having Jerry’s picture alongside these false accusation posted on the front page. It is your choice whether or not to comply with the above mentioned request; however it’s now your integrity on the line, not Jerry’s.

To Mr NSLightsout , where was the research? This was pure ignorance on your part. Rather than spending your time falsely accusing others of being frauds, why don’t you spend your time actually training in the martial arts. Maybe then you won’t need to hide behind your alias and give YOUR credentials up for scrutiny.

Until that day,

Trent Stokes

email: trentjstokes@aol.com
    If this all checks out we'll update the front page accordingly. However, an apology is not in order because there was no wrong doing, legally or otherwise.

If someone is going to present him/herself as a black belt in a martial art, especially BJJ, it's of vital importance that they provide people at least basic details about their credentials so as to avoid any confusion. We've already taken down one fake BJJ black belt, and we have a vested interest in not seeing the art go the route of the other Belt Factory arts out there.

Thanks for your post!

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread moved from front page to Bullshido pending verification of relevant info.

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 3:59am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "...Paulo Coelho was trained by Royler Gracie..."

But was he awarded a BLACK BELT by Royler Gracie? According to this site

http://bjj.org/a/people/gracie-royler.html

he's not even listed as a lower belt under Royler. In case there's been an omission, Paulo needs to get in touch with Royler so Royler can have the bjj.org webmaster correct the oversight. And while Royler's at it, he can have Jerry added to his lineage under Paulo.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast