230539 Bullies, 3592 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update/Confirmed: Jerry is a Legitimate BJJ Black Belt

Well ladies and gents, Jerry is legitimate according to the latest info. From further on in this thread:

Guys,

I finally spoke to my instructor today, who happens to be the head of the Australian arm of the IFBJJ. He confirmed Jerry's legitimacy as a black belt.

Credit for the follow-through on this goes to our Aussie "Bullies". We'd also like to thank those who posted the information to confirm his status as a legitimate BJJ Black Belt. Good job all.

-Phrost
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Phrost; 11/03/2005 2:39pm at . Reason: Status Update

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I've heard about the "Jerry" guy. He's running a small class out of gym in Prahran somewhere I think but that's all I know really. I personally couldn't be bothered to check him out, but should maybe send some of our purples or brown belts around to have a roll with him.

edit: I just checked the link and it's the same guy I've heard about. I saw those TKD guys at the St Kilda festival doing a demo and cringed the whole time. They really are a joke.
    Last edited by JohnnyS; 10/25/2005 2:14am at .

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 2:19am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently Murray, a brown belt from my gym tried to train there but Jerry wasn't too keen and wanted $60 for a casual visit. Sounds like a good method of keeping unwanted and skilled students away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 2:58am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I found strange is the fact that he does not list his own instructor, or for that matter a surname. Virtually every instructor or ranked student in Australia will be quick to tell you exactly where and who they learned their jiu jitsu from, including foreign-born instructors.

Apparently Murray, a brown belt from my gym tried to train there but Jerry wasn't too keen and wanted $60 for a casual visit. Sounds like a good method of keeping unwanted and skilled students away.
    That sucks. I might have gone down after the Pan Pacs to have a look-see or roll.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 7:56am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $60!!! Thats one hell of a mat fee!

I predicted it and its come true more and more. The BULLSHIDO infects everything.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 8:39am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please call Jerry on 0411 097 905 or by email at jerry@prahrantkd.com.au
    Anyone want to call this guy?

Old School DM

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 9:57am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing that astonishes me is that people still pull this BS. Hell, all y'all martial arts types are even more touchy that doctors when it comes to people with fake credentials. I'm amazed that these guys continue to post fake credentials so balatantly.

I guess you chalk it up to the ignorance of the general public. People who don't do any research before talking up a martial art deserve to get scammed I guess.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 10:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay...

I'll call Jerry...

Then I'll get Titania to rip him a fundamental orifice big enough to warp reality itself (damn it, that funny little musclebug pops up everywhere, doesn't she?!)
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 12:25pm

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two questions: Who's the Judo black belt reffered to?

Who's Titania?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 4:04pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i guess if he's charging $60 for a brown belt for a day then he may be hidding somthing.
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast