View Poll Results: Is the Bible literal of not?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, spilling even grass seed is bad

    6 13.04%
  • No, aside from God birthin Jesus without need for the nasty, it's broad lessons and such

    40 86.96%
Page 5 of 55 First 12345678915 ... Last
  1. #41
    kungfujew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    the left coast
    Posts
    726
    Style
    Muay Thai Khmer
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Okay... One word question for you: Dinosaur. How does that fit into your little scheme of life? Lemmy strap myself in here..."

    "Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith!"

    "... I think God put YOU here to test MY faith, man"


  2. #42

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,890
    Style
    Shi Ja Quan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not bad for one rib:

  3. #43
    Mr. Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    under the sink
    Posts
    6,331
    Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by loki09789
    Maybe not even a mistake. It was a way of validating Jeshua/Jesus as the Christ because it was a sign of 'divine birth' just like the Greek Mythology was full of Demi Gods concieved of God/human interaction. Of course the Greek versions were a little less Immaculate, but the idea is the same.
    Actually, the "virgin birth" is literal, and necessary. The idea is not the same as in Greek Mythology. The greek mythology copulations are more similar to and probably in reference to (my opinion) the events in Genesis 6.

    The Christ had to be a perfect human being, and could not have perfection if he came into being with the seed of man, due to Adam's fall in the garden. The old sin nature is perpetuated by the man (knowing vs. being tricked). Besides, families run with the mother in Jewish tradition, and Mary was from the tribe of Judah, directly decendent from David.

  4. #44
    Mr. Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    under the sink
    Posts
    6,331
    Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Not bad for one rib:
    That chick is a spitting image of the client I had this morning.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,890
    Style
    Shi Ja Quan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    Actually, the "virgin birth" is literal, and necessary. The idea is not the same as in Greek Mythology. The greek mythology copulations are more similar to and probably in reference to (my opinion) the events in Genesis 6.

    The Christ had to be a perfect human being, and could not have perfection if he came into being with the seed of man, due to Adam's fall in the garden. The old sin nature is perpetuated by the man (knowing vs. being tricked). Besides, families run with the mother in Jewish tradition, and Mary was from the tribe of Judah, directly decendent from David.

    the Talmud is strong with this one...

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,890
    Style
    Shi Ja Quan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    That chick is a spitting image of the client I had this morning.

    I hate you.

  7. #47
    and good morning to you too supporting member
    PirateJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3,240
    Style
    MT/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I voted yes becasue I would like stone people that plant 2 different crops in their fields.


    Fucking farmers.

  8. #48
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,526
    Style
    Tai Chi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManchu
    Can I eat shellfish?
    You can if you aren't jewish. Christians were exempted from jewish dietary laws in the New Testament. One of the apostles is sent a vision telling him it's ok to dig on swine.

  9. #49
    feedback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,080
    Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to be an idiot of the highest order to think it's literal, I hope this is some kind of plot to figure out who voted "literal" so they can be banned.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    398
    Style
    Escrima/Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You can if you aren't jewish. Christians were exempted from jewish dietary laws in the New Testament. One of the apostles is sent a vision telling him it's ok to dig on swine.
    Interestingly enough, that idea of kosher practice or non-kosher practices along with other Jewish/Hebrew orthodoxy caused a split within Christian groups.

    They opened themselves up to the lions when Christians proclaimed themselves as separate from Jews. Jews were protected by Roman Law and didn't have to participate in certain Roman holidays in deferance to their religious beliefs.

    When Christians separated, any refusal to participate was treason.

Page 5 of 55 First 12345678915 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO