Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    kungfujew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    the left coast
    Posts
    726
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan_hkbn
    Oh, my god. Thanks for your suggestion, you are very funny and friendly.
    Actually, I'm a Chinese, and my English is very bad. So I often can't understood something that people talking about.

    Why I came here? I want to share more good things to everybody, and I want to get your good information about Kungfu.
    Don't count on too much GOOD information about kung fu round' these parts... unless by good information you mean a rather large fiery explosion, some shouting, then a swift kick in the nuts and a long night spent crying and bleeding out your urethera at home.

    Actually there are quite a few well informed gong fu-ers at Bullshido, you just have to ignore the "well that's cute but it's not BJJ" fluff.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford UK
    Posts
    681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ

    The punching via the paper without damaging the paper.

    --
    Nah, he said replace the paper when its damaged in the clip.......punch for two hours? I guess no one at shaolin is going to be playing piano in there spare time!

    Also, the brick chopping bit. The big clue is how much dust is generated. If you have to dry something out in an oven to break it, then your not really breaking it!

    I find I'm left feeling a bit sad whenever I see the PRC shaolin crap being pushed.

  3. #13
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    I find I'm left feeling a bit sad whenever I see the PRC shaolin crap being pushed.
    You're just jealous because you don't get to do forms where you summersault whilst holding a tiger fork.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford UK
    Posts
    681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You're just jealous because you don't get to do forms where you summersault whilst holding a tiger fork.

    Commie lover :hitlerdan

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford UK
    Posts
    681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean, its like Americans putting up videos of the Dodge city theme park and trying to pass it off as authentic.

    Or like us the Scots wearing kilts out side of tourist season.

  6. #16
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the temple was deserted for decades, and it's been rebuilt as a sort themepark with staffed with modern Wu Shu performers. Still, they look very fit and atheletic when they do their forms.

    The real question is, what are they like when they spar ?

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford UK
    Posts
    681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    I know the temple was deserted for decades, and it's been rebuilt as a sort themepark with staffed with modern Wu Shu performers. Still, they look very fit and atheletic when they do their forms.

    The real question is, what are they like when they spar ?

    No its not.

    The point is that they are passing what they do off as something that its not.

    I bet they sparr just fine, but they are still selling lies.

  8. #18
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    No its not.

    The point is that they are passing what they do off as something that its not.
    Ah, do they actually claim to be real monks with an unbroken lineage to before the communist takeover ? I didn't realise. If they do, then yes they are lying.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford UK
    Posts
    681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. Thats what all the orange is about.

    Infact, if you go to there websites, they reefer to the 'masters' by what generation in the lineage they are! 34'th generation master etc
    Last edited by liokault; 10/25/2005 6:46pm at .

  10. #20
    OZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan_hkbn
    Oh, my god. Thanks for your suggestion, you are very funny and friendly.
    Actually, I'm a Chinese, and my English is very bad. So I often can't understood something that people talking about.

    Why I came here? I want to share more good things to everybody, and I want to get your good information about Kungfu.

    Check out www.pakmei.net . We practice authentic White Eyebrow style and are one of the few legitimate Bak Mei Kwoons in North America.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO