Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I clicked on this hoping that we might actually be able to have an interesting discussion about Aikido, and more specifically standing wristlocks. After going through DTs I feel like I have some insight into how they work (and don't) and what their uses are. Unfortunately the first thing Katsuwhatever said was this...

Aikido uses no physical strength
    ...Which is so utterly ridiculous that one can't even have a reasonable conversation with someone who believes this. Now, I'm sure Plasmagoat will think I am posting this "flamebait" without justification, but that's just because he isn't able to recognize ridiculous nonsense when it appears. Of course, Budobakabuyusomethingorother will consider me one of the "bullies". But come on people!!! Does anyone realize the depth of stupidity it takes to say, "Aikido uses no physical strength"??? Am I taking crazy pills??? Do we have any quality new posters? Is "Aikido uses no physical strength" the best we can expect from even our trolls?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 9:04pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Agreed. Last I heard, Kano wasn't around 1200 years ago.

Psst...... Koto, Kano created Judo

Ueshiba created Aikido.....

For reference Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969) mayhe Ueshiba was a time traveler and created Aikido 1200 years ago?

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 9:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido is shitty jujitsu for peacenicks, orientophiles/people who like baggy pants, and people who haven't figured out there are better things out there.

It's like if I took Thai Boxing, removed the use of kicking, knees, and punching, added big floppy robes, and declared it an art of peace and harmony.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, if resistance is not advocated, it's true that executing a technique requires no strength.

I think the real misconceptions of Aikido is everything written in this post.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze

For reference Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969) mayhe Ueshiba was a time traveler and created Aikido 1200 years ago?
    Oh, hell. That's what you get for watching Anchorman and posting on Bullshido at the same time :flipando:

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    ...but they, like virus were just too goddamn deadly to spar with us.
    I've never claimed to be too deadly to spar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:17pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was this guy Kat serious when he posted this shite?? I thought for certain he was joking, that he cut and pasted this stuff from somewhere
    waiting for his response

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he is serious, just never used the search funtion to ensure that the topic had been done before. He probably thought he was bringing something new to the table. That search button needs to be much bigger, say, half the size of the screen.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    sorry dude, I fixed it... I looked up and I thought you were Katsujinken... I'm an idiot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:43pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...Which is so utterly ridiculous that one can't even have a reasonable conversation with someone who believes this. Now, I'm sure Plasmagoat will think I am posting this "flamebait" without justification, but that's just because he isn't able to recognize ridiculous nonsense when it appears. Of course, Budobakabuyusomethingorother will consider me one of the "bullies". But come on people!!! Does anyone realize the depth of stupidity it takes to say, "Aikido uses no physical strength"??? Am I taking crazy pills??? Do we have any quality new posters? Is "Aikido uses no physical strength" the best we can expect from even our trolls?[/QUOTE]

Katsujinken, it's taken from the book Katsujinken "the sword that gives life" by Munenori Yagyu. And I'm not stupid, to use a lock all you do is let your arms relax until uke's caught in the lock. using muscle will not give you the sensativety to know where it is as well as it will cause uke to tense up making it more difficult to apply. The hips then drive shite forward and can break a person's wrist or even cause someone to vomit with pain using glandular pressure. To throw someone, all an aikidoka needs to do is move them off their centre of balance and relax their arms which will cause a chain reaction in uke to fall. by using the hip to generate power even a 90 pound person can make a douchi strike to the liver or throat causing death.

I'm sorry if what I've said is so antithetical to what you know that you immediately have to call me stupid. If you have a differing technique please feel free to discuss it.

-Brian

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:44pm

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Many of us Kan guys spar. But...many don't. :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:46pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze

actually although i don't necessarily believe it, Ueshiba was reportedably able to phase through time and space. But Ueshiba created aiki-do which was just his name for aiki-jutsu because he wanted to break from the organization and teach more of his personal philosophy.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look! Behind you! IT'S UESHIBA!!

He transported himself forward in time and now he's waiting for you to attack him so he can kick your ass!

PL

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido disappoints me greatly! You have dishonour!!
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 10:58pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsujinken
    actually although i don't necessarily believe it, Ueshiba was reportedably able to phase through time and space. But Ueshiba created aiki-do which was just his name for aiki-jutsu because he wanted to break from the organization and teach more of his personal philosophy.

Kinda of a dirty secret of Aikido was Ueshiba was for a time a student of Ninjutsu or Shinobijutsu. From time to time he would show off some Shinobi tricks. The most famous story is when he "teleported outside the dojo as his students surrounded him with swords." Whether Ueshiba can teleport, who the hell knows. But the fact Ueshiba studied and pocessed Ninjutsu skills is as I said a "dirty secret of Aikido."

Yes, exactly, his own system called Aiki-do (it was called Aikijudo at first). Therefore, his system is only 100 years old. It might be based on a Ko Ryu but it not a Ko Ryu itself.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast