Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

San Soo in My McDojang

After a lazy weekend of fun and games I was eager to get back to the McDojang and train some . Monday I show up for class and as I come in the backdoor there is an old man with white hair standing by the office talking to three or four of the TKD blackbelts . Next to him was tall broad shouldered dude who looked slightly nervouse.

I ignored these people assuming they were some deadly black belts from Louisville checking in on us out here in the stix . I changed in the bathroom and bounced out to head to class . I turned the corner and heard one of the black belts say to the old man " you should talk to BMF , he is all about training hard and learning how to fight " . I laughed and walked over to see why they were making fun of me .

Turns out they werent .. this old man was talking about "San Soo" and how bad ass it was , He is going to be teaching a San Soo class during the Hapkido class now . I of course being the retard I am told him "Thats awesome I have been reviewing the rule set for it becouse I will more than likely be using them @ a upcoming competition(Nashville Throwdown )"

His responce was " thats a lie San Soo is too deadly for the ring , we have eye pokes and jugular bite and groin shots . " He then handed me a nine page handout of random crap and too deadly for sparring propoganda .

I then read Shan Soo across the top of the page and laughed . I thought he was saying San Shou I explained that and spelled it out for him , he responded with " There is no such thing " .

I blinked @ him a few times then asked " So there is no San Shou ? , No chinese kick boxing with take downs ? "

his reply " No such thing " ....

I know better than that but didnt say anything yet .

http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/sanshounews.htm

http://www.owingsmillsboxingclub.com/SanShou.htm

http://www.sanshou.com/

etc ...

He starts talking about how everyone should always be afraid for their lives and the safety of they families . He says no sport M.A. will prepair you as well as San Soo in those area's . He talked of throat punches killing people with a high percentage and pressure points that cripple even drugged out wild men who do any other Martial Arts .So by this time I am almost laughing in this guys face. luckily class starts up so I tell him I will see him on the mat ( hoping of course he would maybe share some of his teachings with us, no such luck though ) .

Our class was really weak monday . Standing nonresistant joint locks and striking drills on each other . A little bit of breakfalls and takedows and some rolling ( like judo rolls, front rolls,and back rolls not grappling ) . The old man watches us more than teaches his only student , though I must say I spent some time distracted watching him" teach " the big nervouse looking guy more than I should have .

After class ended I sat around waiting for a ride home . The old man and his student are still on the mat becouse cardioboxing wasnt going down that evening .

I sat in shock as I watched the old man suck wind and gasp trying to walk his student through some useless wild flailing of the arms in big circles drill . Since the old man was using the giant foam bat looking thing to pretend to hit his student I assume that was some sort of blocking technic , I am not a Kung Fu guy anymore ...but I have some knowledge ... I will openly say I have no fucking clue what the hell the old man was teaching .

I did a search for San Soo here on Bullshido and the internet so far all I have come up with is a bunch of "RAH RAH RAH !!! San Soo is the deadly ! " or San Soo is bullshit .

Wednesday the old man is gonna be there again. I am thinking of seeing if I can jump in and see what he is teaching first hand . I am in the proccess of getting more info on this dude . If he is as full of **** as I think he is ... I will have a full report and disclosure forthcoming .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/18/2005 6:03pm at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is the first four pages transcribed word for word , letter for letter .. sorry I dont have a scanner to truly show how shitty the handout is ....

Quote Originally Posted by stupid hand out from San Soo Guy

Psychology of San Soo

For a person to involve himself in a fight requires no great talent or ability. A person who is a trained figher must consider what they have to gain and loose from such an involvement. The trained fighter is a person who, once they move, does so decisively. They will eliminate their problems as quickly and effectively as possible. In doing so, it is very easy to severly injure or even kill a person. They should, therefore, determine if the offense they will act against justifies his action. Plainly, does the opponent merely insult them or does he represent possible injury or death?

To be able to think through a problem, the trained fighter must keep a "cool head". This requires that their boiling point be very high. They must not let the heat of passion dictate what course they will take. Fighter who permit themselves the luxury of a low boiling point and who succumb to their temper not only acts irrationally, but also lacks organization, method, technique, power, control, concentration, and common sense in their actions. One should briefly consider each situation and the appropriate action to take. A person should train himself to always expect the unexpected in every situation and be prepared for it.

Trained fighters are professionals who know themselves well. They know their talents, limitations, capabilities, and because of this knowledge, they do no feel the need to prove themselves. They do not lack confidence, as confidence is a matter of knowing the limit of one's capabilities. Very often that in itself will be the point of a fight and it is an ignorant person who fights because they do not know themselves.

.................................................. .........pg. 1

What is Kung Fu San Soo?

Called "legendary" and "devastating" by Inside Kung Fu magazine, San Soo is not a sport, but rather a fighting art composed of combat techniques and fluid body movement based on powerful attacks directed to the vital points of the body. It is considered by many to be one of the most sophisticated forms of martial arts. The techniques in San Soo are designed to be changed instantly to suit any situation, and do not necessarily follow a set pattern.

San Soo is based on five "families" or techniques. Kicks and punches (tsoi ga), leverages and joint locks (li ga), pressure points (ho ga) psychology of fighting (fut ga), and physical power (hung ga).

Kung Fu San Soo is savagely effective fighting art free of animal mimicry. The confidence that is developed by its study is not superficial, but of the purest kind of confidence.

The techniques of Kung Fu San Soo utilize scientific principles from psychology, anatomy, kinesiology and the laws of physics. Learning the effective use of these principles including balance, timing, controlled breathing, concentration, and common sense, San Soo trains the mind to use the body to dgenrate maximum power while instantly adapting to any combat situation.

In addition to self-defense skills, San Soo strives to develop self-discipline and a strong respect for others. This based on the suppostion that we know that is difficult somtimes to determine who is fighter and who is not, therefore, any man is potentially our equal as a fighter. As Grandmaster Woo said, "Best defense is run if I can. I don't want to kill unless I have no choice...Life is more important than anything on this planet.".

.........................pg 2

Kung Fu San Soo Workout

Kung Fu San Soo practitioners do not "spar". Sparring is based on applying techniques that are used to score points in a tournament. Sparring limits your range as a fighter and sets rules for you that would not apply in a real fight situation on the street. San Soo is a fighting art with no rules where if it were to be applied in a sparring situation, permanent injuries would result. San Soo fighters practice and perfect their techniques during a "workout". A workout is based upon knowing how your body moves and how your opponent's body reacts. Working out is designed to develop the following skills:

1. Eye Development: Most people are not accustomed to having punches thrown at them. When someone does throw a punch, it is sometimes difficult to see. In the beginning of your training, your opponent throws a punch; it comes slowly so your eyes become accustomed to seeing a punch. As you develop in your training the punches come faster, thus, sharpening your vision, giving you time to react.

2. Condition Reflex: With punches constantly being thrown at you, you learn to move correctly (stepping and blocking). This repetitious training conditions your body to react automatically when attacked. Usually, if a person tried to punch you, your reactions would be sporadic and purposeless. Working out trains you to make your movements definite and efficient.

3. Accuracy: In certain conditioning and drill classes, we do exercises that help develop speed. Everyone has a certain amount of speed but speed without accuracy just means you are fast at doing nothing. Working out allows your accuracy to develop properly. It's very important to hit your opponent correctly, in the right spot, to stop him from harming you. With this accuracy and your normal speed, you can successfully protect yourself.

4. Knowledge of The Body And It's Response to Punches: It is important to know how the body will react when it is moved a certain way. Example: If you hit someone in the bladder, he will bend over; or an open handed strike to the throat moves him back on his heels. This knowledge allows you to flow and continually move your opponent, without stopping and looking to see how he moved after each punch.
    .........................................pg 3

5. How to Move Properly: When you are hit with a punc, you must move in accordance with how you were hit. Example: A strike to the kidneys arches your back. A hit to your right shoulder moves the ride side of your body back. This movement provides a true workout for your classmate. More importantly, as you develop in your skills, moving correctly with a punch and not against one allows a poper counter to any movement.

6. Falling and Rolling: A good fighter knows how to fall and roll poperly to avoid injury. Ironically, we all at one time fell and rolled correctly when we were toddlers. Kung Fu San Soo training teaches once again the simple technique of falling, thus, eliminating the fear.
    ..........................................pg 4

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jia you
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:06pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't there a recognized governing body for San Shou? Isn't that what Cung Le competes under?

Hmmmm..... why yes there is. IKF.

Tell this pud to go to www.cungle.com and then ask him if there's no such thing as San Shou.

I hate old people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:17pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. The worst thing I've heard in my current McDojang is, "No, we don't kick to the legs in sparring, but we do drill them with pads. Kicking there isn't good anyway. It only takes _lbs of pressure to break the knee."

I bow to you.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to give you some sarcastic advice about showing this guy up, but I think it's actually more serious than that.

I would seriously consider talking to the head of your Dojang. Show him the stupid handout. Have him sit in on one of this guy's classes. My guess is that he will be invited to teach somewhere else.

Even in a McDojang, reputation is everything. This clown could cause a serious dent in the school's business.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:29pm

Style: Street Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

<_<

Something you could do to change his mind is telling him about this site......

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Grandmaster Jimmy Woo?" What a fucking joke. He got his shorts stuffed big time by Rudy TerLinden years ago and backed down in public ... lost all face.

Most of Chin Siu Dek's peeps are older Choy Li Fut guys ... not a bad group ... just brain washed with the whole origin of system being the Kwan Yin Temple myth bullshit. Buddhism does NOT support killing - maiming and the like.

The Temple is real enough, it's in Southern China ... outside Pon Hong Villiage. How fucking retarded is citing to that particular Temple as the origin of a brutal killing hand? Consider this, Kwan Yin is known as the Buddhist Goddess of Compassion.

**** up that old Man big time ... lure him into doing something and simply "miss" or "miss time" a bit ... splatter his nose all over his face. Bummer you are so far away ... I truly enjoy beating the **** out of "too deadly peeps" ... kind of a hobby of mine.

I hope Evil Asia doesn't catch this thread ... he'll rub it in ... yet another allegedly TCMA bullshit factory ... what a fucking joke ... gets harder to clean away the garbage every day and I'm rapidly aging out.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    I was going to give you some sarcastic advice about showing this guy up, but I think it's actually more serious than that.

I would seriously consider talking to the head of your Dojang. Show him the stupid handout. Have him sit in on one of this guy's classes. My guess is that he will be invited to teach somewhere else.

Even in a McDojang, reputation is everything. This clown could cause a serious dent in the school's business.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

* deep breath *

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

wooo ... * snickers * ok sorry , man that brought a tear to my eye . The dude is there becouse he knows and likes my GM and vice versa I am sure .

and the rep my GM wants is basicly " M.A. for health and personal betterment " not "M.A. is for combat" . As a matter of fact I will more than likely catch heat for calling this fool out ....

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 6:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pages 5-9

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Handout
    San Soo Belt Ranking

An accomplished practitioner of Kung Fu San Soo cares not what belt is worn. All accomplishments are within the body and mind: the color of a belt will not change the ability to use the body and mind. Self-improvement in the art of San Soo is the student's goal, not belt advancement. The following is an estimated time of how long a person stays at each belt level. How quickly a person advances depends on the consistency of his attendance in class and how well they perform the techniques and forms that are given. THIS IS ONLY AN ESTIMATE. Some may advance quicker, some may advance slower. Each individual is different.

White Belt:
    Beginning- 3 months

Yellow Belt:
    3-9 months

Green Belt:
    9-18 months

Brown Belt:
    18 months-3 years

Black Belt:
    3 years to 11 years
    There are 7 degrees total
    Each degree takes one year

Master's Degree:
    11 years

for more information about instructor Mike McGrath check out

http://members.home.net/mgmcgrath/ .....................pg 5

YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS IN THE ACT OF SELF-DEFENSE
    Business Week May, 1970

Self-defense is no Sunday supplement any more- it's a real and present danger. With crime rising on all fronts, you might want to consider the legal side of self-defense-what can and cannot be done within the law.

The present wave of crimes by juveniles and crimes that are drug motivated confuses and complicates the whole question of personal protection in an emergency.

Start with trouble on the street. The basic rule is that if you, a family member, or a friend are attacked, you can use any reasonable force needed to repet the aggressor. You can use greater force than you face- if it appears "reasonable" to you and you aren't held to a fine line in deciding the difference.

You can also use force to prevent an attack. If threatened, you need not wait for the blow to be struck. It's enough that you have a genuine belief that you or your wife or child are in present danger- even if it turns out that you were mistaken.

But there are limits to how far you can go. On the street, you're under at least some obligation to try to avoid violence to retreat at least part way, if possible, before striking a blow in self-defense. But this is a fine legal line.

You become the aggressor when you use defensive force that is clearly excessive. For example, you can't respond to the threat of a clenched fist with a gun and quick shooting, nor can you beat a man severely with a cane simply because he shoved you on the sidewalk.

A point of growing importance: if you're menaced by juveniles, the rules of self-defense still apply. But you will almost certainly be held to a stricter standard of conduct if you wind up in a courtroom. What's "reasonable" may differ if you're reacting to teenagers- and you must guard against over-reaction. .......................pg 6

The verbal attack calls for restraint. Dirty words alone may not legally be met physical force. If you react with force, you become the attacker.

In your home, a basic rule is that you need not retreat in the face of an intruder, even if to do so would be "reasonable" and avoid violence.

You can shoot first, and then investigate- within limits. In most states, before using deadly force, you must have reason to believe that the intruder intends to commit a crime. This line, thoug, is hard to draw.

As for trespassers outside your house, the general rule is that your right to use physical force usually begins only when an intruder tries to break in. Not especially: in most cases you have no legal right to shoot or otherwise harm a person trespassing on your land. You can only try to chase him off- and call the police.

Protection in public places: suppose you're trapped by an armed robber in a retail store or a bank- or , for that matter, at the cashier's desk at your private club. You have a right to act independently in self-defense, and the fundamental rules still apply. But the owner of the premises is not an insurer and has no legal duty to make you safe. So you have almost no chance to recover damages.

The pros and cons on owning a gun for personal and family protection can be argued ad infinitum. One point to note is that most members of the legal profession and law enforcement groups are opposed to the idea of protective guns, especially those carried on the person away from home. ..........................................pg 7

Kung-Fu San Soo is made up of five focus areas or families you will study:

Tsoi Ga- is the striking family. This includes punches, chops, pokes, elbows, forearms, head butts and all forms of kicking.

Li Ga- is the balance family. To take the balance of your oppnent is very important in fighting, especially when dealing with a larger or stronger opponent. Leverages and joint locking techniques are an integral part of this family. These are most important in close fighting.

Hoi Ga- is the study and application of pressure points, pass and crippling points. By learning the vital points of the body and certain pressure points, one can direct the striking, balance and leverage moves of the Tsoi and Li families to more vulnerable areas where it does not take as much force to incapacitate or eliminate an opponent.

Fut Ga- is the psychology of fighting. The attitudes, internal power, self confidence, proper breathing and strategy for sudden attack and the proper use of mind and body coordination. This family also teaches skills to diffuse threatening situations and conflict avoidance.

Hung Ga- deals with the physical conditioning of the body in order for it to perform up to it's maximum potential. It includes dynamic tension exercises along with exercise and forms. The use of geometry, trigonometry and physics help deliver maximum power and also compose part of this system.

Kung Fu San Soo of Texas
    Martial Arts Academy
    1325 Brown Trail
    Bedford, Texas 76022
    1/2 Block S. of Airport FWY (183)
    (817) 590-8585
    lockwood@gte.net .............................................pg 8

Kung-Fu San Soo is pure fighting technique. It is not a sport. It is a time-tested art based on combinations of punches, kicks, strikes, locks, blocks and throws directed at the vital parts of the body and performed in perfect rhythm following no set pattern, so they may be changed instantly to suit any suituation. The utilization of highly scientific principles of physics involving movement and leverage as well as intense concentration and controlled breathing gives a fighter extreme power. Along with these aspects, agility, balance, coordination, humility, self confidence and respect for one's fellow man are emphasized.

Martial arts were created for combat. Kung Fu San Soo maintains that purpose.

Kung-Fu San Soo is particularly fierce method of street fighting, the sole objective of which is the complete "neutralization" of the opponent. An actual encounter usually lasts no more than 3 to 7 seconds. The entire San Soo system is based on the human body's responses to stimuli- mostly pain. The San Soo fighter completely controls his opponents motions by delivering packages of pain to specific points: nerve centers, pressure points, glands, joints and/or internal organs. Originally, Chinese monks developed, perfected and documented San Soo by experimenting with the body's reaction to countless types and varying degrees of physical inputs. That is how they were able to learn the devastating effects of using the opponent's own movements to destroy him. Thus in San Soo, unlike any other martial art, the destructive power of a single blow is not stressed, such as being able to break boards or bricks. It is much more economical and powerful to have the opponent do the work. If he is already moving to meet you (which is in response to something you've just done to him) you have to apply very little force............................................. ....................pg 9

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast