223799 Bullies, 3732 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ojgsxr6 is offline

    Dorkus Malorkus

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,008

    Posted On:
    10/23/2005 2:59am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataru Akiyama
    I was there Friday.
    Oh, I thought you were the guy I talked to Wednesday, what was going on Friday? Was the Brown belt leading class?
  2. Wataru Akiyama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Shore, LI
    Posts
    727

    Posted On:
    10/23/2005 5:44am


     Style: Enshin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Oh, I thought you were the guy I talked to Wednesday, what was going on Friday? Was the Brown belt leading class?
    Yeah. Aerobic excersizes, running around the mat, stuff like that. :icon_bigg
  3. hl1978 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    860

    Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:03am


     Style: Aunkai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just do a search about the sabaki challenge, that will give you an idea of what the enshin guys are like
  4. Ronin is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,894

    Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:37am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Enshin gets two thumps up, a 3/4 erection !
  5. Wataru Akiyama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Shore, LI
    Posts
    727

    Posted On:
    10/25/2005 1:57am


     Style: Enshin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was pretty good. There was sparring, but it was slow and not as hard hitting as I expected it to be, but then again the dude that goes there said the other gujys had back and knee problems, soo...

    The sensei is not all that old though.
  6. ojgsxr6 is offline

    Dorkus Malorkus

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,008

    Posted On:
    10/25/2005 2:01am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataru Akiyama
    It was pretty good. There was sparring, but it was slow and not as hard hitting as I expected it to be, but then again the dude that goes there said the other gujys had back and knee problems, soo...
    That wasn't sparring, we were just doing drills, and doing some shin and body conditioning

    Quote Originally Posted by Wataru Akiyama
    The sensei is not all that old though.
    I don't know why that would be an issue.
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 10/25/2005 2:11am at .
  7. Wataru Akiyama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Shore, LI
    Posts
    727

    Posted On:
    10/25/2005 7:26am


     Style: Enshin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I don't know why that would be an issue.
    After reading the McDojo FAQ untill I can recite it, it mentions that if the sensei is not rather old, it may be a McDojo. :eusa_shif

    Of course, I may just be overreacting. I think I might go learn BJJ then come back and give this more thought. :sign2:
    Last edited by Wataru Akiyama; 10/25/2005 7:34am at .
  8. ojgsxr6 is offline

    Dorkus Malorkus

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,008

    Posted On:
    10/25/2005 10:06am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataru Akiyama
    After reading the McDojo FAQ untill I can recite it, it mentions that if the sensei is not rather old, it may be a McDojo.
    You misunderstood it, the FAQ is refering to a Blackbelt thats under 17 or 18 years old and more specifically a child like 5 and 6 years old. Sensei Falcon (The Enshin Instructor) was born in 1974.
  9. ojgsxr6 is offline

    Dorkus Malorkus

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,008

    Posted On:
    10/25/2005 5:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T T T
  10. Wataru Akiyama is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Shore, LI
    Posts
    727

    Posted On:
    10/26/2005 12:39am


     Style: Enshin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    You misunderstood it, the FAQ is refering to a Blackbelt thats under 17 or 18 years old and more specifically a child like 5 and 6 years old. Sensei Falcon (The Enshin Instructor) was born in 1974.
    Oh, okay then.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.