226100 Bullies, 4245 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Destroyer of Worlds

Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand (orig from Melb, Aust)

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:18am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tired of people thinking I'm still in highschool

I'm going to be 22 in December but unfortunately I still look like a 17 year old :(

I almost always get ID'd when I go to clubs, and often when I'm shopping the sales assistants ask if I'm on school holidays or when my school formal is, and on Tuesday the girl I was training with asked if I was still in school (she was) and the final straw was going out to meet a client from work and upon explaining that I was new to the company, he asked if it was my first job. I've been working full time for four years :(

Anyway I've had enough of it, and am worried that my next boyfriend will either be 14 or a paedophile, so today I went out and bought some new clothes which will hopefully make me look older, and I'm going to have to start wearing makeup to work (normally I just wear mascara). Gar!

Does anyone else have this problem and what did you do?

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Problem?

rofl....

Actually I do know...sort of...from a male perspective. It wil stop being a problem in a few years. Sounds corney as shot but SERIOUSLY. At some future point you will be say....30, and still getting hit on my 25 year olds AND 40 year olds. Then this will look silly. I had that "problem". I never once got into a club when I was underage. Not even close. Bouncers laughed in my face. But then last year at 34 I got carded buying some scotch. :) :) :)

The club thing is irrelevant and should make you very happy anyways.

The professional thing is relevant and annoying and could get in your way. The up side is that you may be able to make it work to your advantage. People will probably be set at ease and have their guard down with you. The problem is there is no way for us to tell through the text how much of your looking younger has to do with your actual physical appearance and how much is how you carry yourself, talk, etc.

Dating? Meh. I'm an idiot.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Destroyer of Worlds

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's my face - it's just really young looking - my mum and my grandpa both look heaps younger than they actually are - but at this age looking young is bad because it means the difference between looking like an adult and looking like a child.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:36am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also look kind of young and get Id'd sometimes. What I do is usually don't shave for a couple of days. My copious facial hair will generally let people know I'm in my twenties. Also stop complaining you look young, in 8 years you'll be trying to act and look like your in your twenties.

Yes I know you probably think that nobody takes you seriously becasue you're a girl and look young, they pretty much get over it when you beat their ass in a fight or own them in a debate.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only that...if you were really smart, you'd learn how to take advantage of peoples infatuation with youth. I had a GF back before I came to China who was about 24 or 25 but could get on the busses in San Francisco for the student fair. (not college student, high school) She also happened to be wickedly smart. We'd go to parties and she'd **** with guys as a hobby. Not "****" guys. **** WITH them...as in **** with their brain. People were incredibly dumb in front of her. They'd tell here all about who they were and try to impress but also tend to tell her all kinds of **** that an older looking person would have to pry out of them with pliers. She was an expert flirt and as a result almost always could tell me how to "handle" anyone I worked with or had to deal with if she had just a minute or two with them because they'd tend to drop their guard when dealing with her.

A lot of women need to get over some issues about being young or pretty and just take advantage.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:48am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep one can see how that could be a real problem in a professional capacity and damn irritating in a social one. I wonder if talking to a decent actor for advice could help, or even just a kid who gets into a lot of bars.

Destroyer of Worlds

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah I should mention that the legal drinking age here is 18. So when you get ID'd, it means the person thinks you're still a teenager.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:53am

Style: Nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothene
    I'm going to be 22 in December but unfortunately I still look like a 17 year old :(

I almost always get ID'd when I go to clubs, and often when I'm shopping the sales assistants ask if I'm on school holidays or when my school formal is, and on Tuesday the girl I was training with asked if I was still in school (she was) and the final straw was going out to meet a client from work and upon explaining that I was new to the company, he asked if it was my first job. I've been working full time for four years :(

Anyway I've had enough of it, and am worried that my next boyfriend will either be 14 or a paedophile, so today I went out and bought some new clothes which will hopefully make me look older, and I'm going to have to start wearing makeup to work (normally I just wear mascara). Gar!

Does anyone else have this problem and what did you do?
    Dressing is certainly an important factor. Many people look like they're still in highschool because of their clothes, even if they're older than me (I'm 21). I don't go to bars or clubs, but I've visited sex shops on a few occasions (woe is me), and nobody asked me my age, or any ID. I dress like a grownup, and I don't look particularly youthful anyway.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:53am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have had a few people think I'm 17 or so at the gym, although it hasn't really been any sort of issue for me since I don't drink or smoke or do anything fun. Newbies don't often seem to take my advice seriously at the gym, but I think that may be more due to my being a woman than anything else (and guys seem to generally SUCK at listening to people's instructions on fighting).
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:55am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothene
    Oh yeah I should mention that the legal drinking age here is 18. So when you get ID'd, it means the person thinks you're still a teenager.
    at a lot of the clubs/bars/events that I've been to you'll get ID'd no matter what
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast