Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 4:23am

supporting member
     Style: Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before hitting "submit reply", take a deep breath, assume an objective viewpoint, read over your post and ask youself;

-Does this post make sense?
    -Is this post informative/amusing/useful?
    -Do I actually know what I'm talking about?
    -Am I being an immature dickhead?

If your post fails to give the correct answer to any of these questions, then do everyone a favour and hit the "back" button. If you can't figure out which are the correct answers then you're better off never, ever using the "submit reply" button.

Destroyer of Worlds

Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand (orig from Melb, Aust)

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 11:11am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All new users must post naked pictures of themselves for review and comment.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My personal pet peeve:

If you are going to post a link to an article or website, copy-paste the article or quotes of interest as well! If posting a movie clip, give a short explanation of what you're linking to! People with 56k modems do not appreciate a 5 minute download for a crappy 30-second clip!
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:10pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are going to pretend to actually debatea point, please aquaint yourself with Logical fallacies
    so as to avoid egg on face syndrome.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't challenge people to a fight to try and defend a claim which is not specifically about your fighting ability. You might well be able to take me in a fight, but I still won't believe your master can fly.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 4:35pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're young and full and enthusiasm. You perceive some of the shortcomings of the arguments and opinions presented here. Like a shining warrior of old, you're ready to take on the status quo with a carefully penned thesis. Perhaps it's on something highly original, such as why sport-fighting is not the end-all, be-all of unarmed combat. And now you're ready to post . . .

Here's the thing:

The odds are good that it's already been done -- and done better -- by someone else. So take a look at the arguments that have long since been made against the very same points. Because if you have any hope of anyone taking your post seriously, then you'd better come up with something original and well-reasoned. Otherwise, don't be surprised when you're chided, derided and perceived as someone excited to be a dumbass devoid of thoughts worth taking seriously.

Better yet, establish some credibility by offering well-thought out comments on some of the little things in life. Because they're important too.
    Last edited by Bang!; 10/22/2005 4:39pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    USE THE DAMN SEARCH FUNCTION!!
    I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it.

Threads need to closed when they veer off into la-la land.

It's not about "censorship", it's about being able to actually use the search function! I do use it, and half the time it's useless. Absoloutely useless.

Moderators: "Off topic. Start another thread if need be. This one closed."
    Last edited by Nid; 10/22/2005 4:52pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I strongly advise you to lurk for at least a week before jumping in with both feet. Chances are, if you're reading this then you probably the sort of person who does this anyway.

Taking time to get the measure of a place without opening your yap will lessen your chance of completely and utterly pantsing yourself for all to see in your first couple of posts.

If you've already done the Internet equivalent of putting a lampshade on your head and puking on your own shoes, console yourself with the fact that your self-abasement provided enjoyment and amusement to a large fraction of the forum.

Also, you may not be completely beyond redemption. Some people have stuck around anyway despite near total disaster. Either because they evolved beyond their larval newbie stage to become beautiful forum butterflies or because they now serve a role once reserved for dwarves who owned a pig's bladder on a stick.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, the search function.

It can be found by clicking on the "forum" button, then looking in the thicket of small text just below the 3 ads near the top of the page.

It's on the left of the 2nd row: "|Search the Forums|"

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    10/23/2005 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeinHaar
    I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it.

Threads need to closed when they veer off into la-la land.

It's not about "censorship", it's about being able to actually use the search function! I do use it, and half the time it's useless. Absoloutely useless.

Moderators: "Off topic. Start another thread if need be. This one closed."
    Adding to that, post necromancy is annoying.

If you're resurrecting a two-year-old thread just to add your two cents, chances are we don't care and forgot about the topic long ago.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast