221379 Bullies, 3820 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 8:07pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Message to Newbies from Forum Veterans

Hey NOOB. Yeah you. Look, we're glad you've decided to particpate here, but we want to make sure you understand the "culture" before you make an ass out of yourself.

Read this thread, the rules, and the other stickies, to get a better sense of what's expected from you.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The obvious, yet never thought of:

USE THE DAMN SEARCH FUNCTION!!

Pretty much everything you want to say has been said. Don't post something like "I HEARD POINT SPARRING SUCKS" and expect to be praised as if it were insightful or something.

PL

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 8:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not just using the search function to add your inane bullshit to a 3 year old thread either, but actually READ the thread and see if you have anything NEW to add to the discussion (like actual experience in the subject or knowledge of some kind of history or facts)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 8:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guilty of this myself, but I think people should refrain from posts simply stating

"you're an idiot" -without any followup of why

"tl;dr"

"lol"

and other worthless crap like that

EDIT: also posts that are just a bunch of smileys
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 9:23pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have been directed to this website because your school has been disparaged here, please feel free to defend your school's curiculum. Acceptable methods for defending your school could be, but are not limited to:

1. Point out the records of your school's fight team. (What? No fight team? No competition records? How do you test your skills?)

2. Cite documented examples of your school's students/instructors employing their martial skills effectively in self-defense, law-enforcement, military, or security fields. Anecdotal evidence is not acceptable. (Oh, really? Your grandsokeshidoshisifu defeated hordes of ninja back in the day? Did anyone else see it? Were all witnesses killed by ninjas?)

3. If instructor legitimacy is in question, have documents, proofs, and 3rd-party verifications ready for inspection. (Dojo press does not count.)

4. Offer to host a throwdown to demonstrate your school's effectiveness in a safe, alive, manner. This is by far the best way. Whup a few of our asses and we will sing your praises far and wide. (the old, "come on in and check it out" ploy works wonders!)

Do not:

1. Call us all BJJ-philes who do nothing but grapple. We are not, and we don't.

2. Tell us we don't know anything about martial arts. Some of us were martial artists longer than you. I don't care how long you have been at it, someone here has been there before you.

3. Issue long-distance challenges. They are problematic and expensive. If you do not intend to travel to the individual you've challenged, don't bother. The posturing is boring and lame.

4. Use Bruce Lee as an example in any of your arguments.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 9:53pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    4. Offer to host a throwdown to demonstrate your school's effectiveness in a safe, alive, manner. This is by far the best way. Whup a few of our asses and we will sing your praises far and wide. (the old, "come on in and check it out" ploy works wonders!)
    I'd like to elaborate a bit more on this for those who don't know what a throwdown is or what Scrapper means by this.

This is NOT a fight or challenge or whatever. The point of a throwdown is for people to get together and train together. You don't have to spar. Just don't talk **** if you don't plan on backing it up. But sparring IS encouraged. It is the best way to see if you're worth anything as a fighter.

What Scrapper meant is, if you are being bashed by the site for whatever reason and want to prove that you are in fact good martial artists, host one, have people come down, train for a bit, and spar. Hopefully, you'll kick some ass, but also learn a thing or two from the people who were there. It's all about learning.

PL

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 10:20pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1.) If you are not claiming that someone or something is commiting acts of Bullshido or McDojoism, DO NOT START A THREAD IN THE "BULLSHIDO" FORUM!"

2.) Along these lines, PLEASE OH PLEASE read all of the forum descriptions before you decide what forum to post your shiny new thread in.

3.) Please do not post a thread asking if a particular school is good or not without having visited it. If you visit the school, search the forums, read old threads about this redundant topic, and STILL are unsure about a particular place to train, then and only then should you start a thread asking for advice. Please be as specific as possible with your questions.

4.) Search the forums and think long and hard before you post a thread asking about a particular style. Chances are, your question has been covered.

5.) Finally, do not start a thread saying "I live (place here), find a good school/dojo/club for me." Ever.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use paragraphs.

Proofread before posting.

Learn how to use the quote function properly. (That's pissed me off, a couple times recently - trying to figure out who's arguing with who).

In other words, don't make your post hard to read. And if called on it, don't make excuses.

We are all, for the most part, martial artists; and we all, for the most part, realize that you don't need to be able to write clearly or spell correctly to be a competent martial artist; but we should also realize that we are attempting to communicate through a print medium.

Communication. If you can't be bothered with it, why are you here?

My thoughts, anyway.

To be honest, the search thing doesn't bother me so much - especially when there are a few members who manage to train-wreck almost any thread they join. I don't know if it's fair to expect someone to sift through 20 pages of noise to find a bit of information; sometimes it's easier to start fresh.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grow another layer of skin. If you can't take some heat this might not be the place for you. If you are easily offended, and wish to be in harmonious balance with ki, nature, and your fellow martial artists you may find yourself being attacked at all angles. Just because it is funny to see you eventually flip out.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 1:59am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We do have ladies here in Bullshido . Please treat the ladies as you would anyone else . If you wouldnt ask Evil Asia what color his panties are ... dont ask the ladies .

If you wouldnt openly hit on Phrost on the main forum ... dont mack on the ladies there either .

*edit*

Mrs Monkey pointed out that the I may want to mention the same rules do apply for everything else .

If you wouldnt throw a gong sau ( or a throwdown invite , death match , underground kumatae ,light contact sparring , or whatever ) out to a woman dont throw'em out to a man .

Most of the ladies here would be insulted and take offense if you tried to baby them and left them out of some action , especialy since they will more than likely RNC YOUR TKD USING ASS .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/23/2005 3:51pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast