Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2005 10:09am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've lost count of how many boxing and even kickboxing gyms I've seen with protesters camping near the front desk with signs and Jesus tee shirts. Always after some one dies and it makes the news, or one of their fat kids swaggers in and prompty gets sent packing. They scream/drawl at every guy who walks in to work out how he's fighting for the Devil, and that we are no better than the Romans feeding Christians to the lions.
    ...speaking of which, why'd we ever stop doing that? The lions get indigestion or what?
    Thankfully the management has started to kick them out because of a permit or something, but I imagine they'll just do it in the streets now, but I doubt they can last that long without air conditioning and sunblock. I'm Catholic. I even went to church once. And now all these iChristian Minis (Nanos, for you techies) are acting like they're the 60G with video AKA Irish Catholic.
    ...Wow, I just described religion using iPods. I am now unworthy of breathing air.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    10/23/2005 11:00am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christianity + MA does not mix.

Jesus said turn other cheek (add in some response to the effect that it doesn't mean that), long story short, early christians celebrated their martyrs deaths (see hagiographies of Stephen, Justing, Ignatius, and Polycarp), who never fought back to the Roman persecutors. (I know if the government was coming to take me to torture and kill me, they'd have to kill me on the spot since I'd be planning on taking out several troops with me)

Early Christians protested the gladiatorial games.

Christians only seem to take up arms (and find justifications for it) after it becomes the state religion under Constantine.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 12:36pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSchira
    They scream/drawl at every guy who walks in to work out how he's fighting for the Devil, and that we are no better than the Romans feeding Christians to the lions.
    ...speaking of which, why'd we ever stop doing that? The lions get indigestion or what?
    PETA protested that it was cruel to the lions to have to eat raw meat.

These protestors are just evil animal haters.

We should have PETA and the protestors fight, hopefully they will kill each other off.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234