Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 5:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is indeed,

Link to the interview. (you may have to save it then read it, mine wouldn't open it!)

http://www.nat-mac.co.uk/cdata/1649/docs/1133656_1.pdf

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 12:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by StuartsM; 1/06/2009 12:30pm at .

Posted On:
    1/27/2009 10:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: aegis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, my daughtes has been going here for 4 months and it is nothing but a belt mill. Training 3 - 12 year olds 4 half hour sessions per week then grading them after 8 weeks regarless of attendance or abiliy and charging 33 a time. That is for basic belts, i wouldn't even hazard a guess as to how much the advanced ones cost and i won't be sticking round to find out! Promised my daughter a black belt in 3 years, if that's not fishy i don't know what is!!! Signed me and her up to a 12 month contract! I left after 2 sessions of having a 15 year old call me "miss" and tell me to "get back on the mat!" as he was running the class on his own. No discipline, kids basically doing as they please. Incorrect equipment, adult belts (which pose a danger of tripping!), which i had to cut in half but still paid full price, no certificates with grading which the brochure said was standard, No contact or sparring or weapons, so far jabs and blocks and front kicks, as well as keei's (don't know how it's spelt?) and bows and some cardio work and a silly game which was banned cos the kids kept getting hurt. No feedback. No 1 on 1. Oh but you CAN enrol on an advanced class which will teach you more...at a cost! Not value for money,please avoid at all costs, i promise you this is a scam and your child will not learn self defence, just belt gradings!!!

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://cdn.motors.co.uk/d/used-photo.../H/YH56HDO.jpg

Here is the car amaya hago, instructor at nat mac was selling few months ago....hmmm, hardly making a profit from it as you can see /=

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    The bio reads like absolute nonsense. I don't recall Louie Marx among the old-time strongmen, but I'm not an expert. I'll look into it. I've never heard of "Resista," either, but I'm not buying that so maybe it doesn't mean much.

Stuart, did you REALLY just post that he doesn't make any outrageous claims? After you posted that section of his bio? What gives?
    Resista is mentioned over here: http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com...articles1.html as working with Thomas Inch. Looks like there is even video of one of their acts available in which Inch lifts Resista several times. No mention of any Louie Marx and that site is pretty comprehensive when it comes to old time strongman stuff....

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 4:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An opinion of my personal experience of NATMAC

My son, 10, has wanted to try doing some form of martial arts now for ages, we stalled at first because he has a tendency of quitting most things very early. However he persisted do eventually we relented and we signed him up to our local NATMAC. I know nothing about martial arts training, but we were recommended here by a friend. At first he attended the BASIC program which is the half hour class, which is mostly about improving on fitness and and as it says BASIC skills. He is now on the LEADERSHIP programme which goes more in depth and includes sparring and learning more about different techniques.

I have to say that I don't think I have ever witnessed a more positive atmosphere for children to be around in this day and age, the change in attitude and effort in my son over the last 6 months is astonishing. He really wants to do his best at everything and I think that the level of respect and positivity at the classes really rubs off. Children especially need nurturing and guiding into becoming responsible people with not only respect for others but respect for themselves.
    I have witnessed a level of thuggery at some of the "martial arts" places I have enquired about and I really think some are a bad influence on an impressionable mind.

NATMAC teaches a lot more than fighting skills, i would say primarily it is about conditioning of the mind to gain self confidence and foresight to apply to most real life scenarios. If you just want to learn to kick the **** out of someone then yes, this probably is the wrong place for you.

As a father i am thrilled to see my son coming more and more out of his shell and seeing him blossom as a human being. Also I think the work they do with special needs children is appaudable.

I for one, through my experience so far, am all for NATMAC and the Aegis System. And the cost really isn't that much. It is s far cry from many gym memberships.
    Last edited by blacksmith32; 7/03/2012 5:17am at .

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 6:43am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, Welcome to Bullshido. Thanks for resurrecting an old thread and adding to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmith32 View Post
    I know nothing about martial arts training, but we were recommended here by a friend.
    Does the friend who recommended the school have any martial arts experience?
    I have to say that I don't think I have ever witnessed a more positive atmosphere for children to be around in this day and age
    There are many activities geared toward children of that age. Baseball, gymnastics, swimming, etc.
    NATMAC teaches a lot more than fighting skills, i would say primarily it is about conditioning of the mind to gain self confidence and foresight to apply to most real life scenarios. If you just want to learn to kick the **** out of someone then yes, this probably is the wrong place for you.
    Thanks for your honesty. A lot of people who train in martial arts, especially Bullshido forum members, train in the martial arts so that they can kick the **** out of someone if need be. There is a lot more to the martial arts than this aspect, but I am being realistic.

There are a lot of schools out there that have good intentions. The instructors are 'good guys'. They instill a sense of confidence in their young students.

My bottom-line: will the training that your child receives at this school prepare him for real-world encounters on the street. Will he be able to defend himself if necessary?

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he will yes. From experience also, the average dimwitted street thug, at least in this area of the world (Yorkshire, UK), doesn't know how to tactically fight either. I believe he will learn more than enough to be able to defend himself adequately.

:-)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast