Posted On:
    3/16/2007 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartsM
    Afraid not with the Gracie Club.
    He is signed up for a few more months so no pulling him out now.
    But I will think about it.

I think mr higo's brother is a JuJitsu teacher, so he may well be a jitsu blackbelt... not sure.

here his is brother's site.

http://www.nat-mac.com/

(notice the very similar name, it is actually a different school, and from what i hear the brothers don't get on anymore)

Maybe you could check out John also.

That site above looks a bit better than the other, its WAKO orientated school I think, I am not a kickboxer, so one of the resident UK Kickboxers on this site will have to chime in and tell you what the deal is.

But as for your son, JUDO OR BOXING just take him along, and see what he thinks, the place he is in now is draining your wallet and making him "the suck" .

Why would you put your son (who I can only assume you love) through that kind of BS?

Take him to Judo and you can go too! You can goto the BJJ place aswell and help his judo with some of that!

Talk about Bonding! Picture it!

NATMAC sucks ass, you are basically telling me (and no doubt any casual observer) that you hate your son and you want him to be embarresed when he pulls out a 360 Spinning Dragon kick, only to get his nose broke and two black eyes from the kid whose father loved him enough to take him to Boxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 10:38am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoguy
    Those of you living in the Uk might be aware of Natmac. National Martial Arts College. There was a link to the website on the Bullshido homepage a while ago. At first glance this seems like an MMA school. Kickboxing, grappling, boxing, etc are all taught along with some karate.

I ask you all please, do not be fooled. I went down and had a free introductory lesson, before speaking to Tony Higo, founder of Natmac.

Tony is a businessman above all else. He told me how his instructors get paid loads and that he has several houses, boats, cars, etc. Hmm, I wonder why. Taking fools money? It costs £10,000 to train to become an instructor. WTF? Greedy bastard!

I told somebody I had done judo for 10 years and was not quite a black belt. He commented that that was "not very good" and with the nat Mac system, people can achieve their black belt in 2 years or less.

The main aim of the school is to "produce black belts"

Classes last half an hour and the fees are ridiculously hiigh for such a short time. You pay for periods of so many week and will end up paying literally hundreds a month.

You must buy a NatMac suit (basically a karate suit) even if you have your own suit from another martial art.

I saw an instructor teaching judo and he was rubbish! £10,000 to be able to suck at doing Ogoshi against a static uke.

Higo's claim to fame is holding the Guiness World Record for fastest high kicks (10 a second. Is that possible? Somebody tell me as I'm not a kicker).

Higo said that fancy, spinning kicks are not practical in real life. Good, I agree. He then said he teaches them because a lot of people just like to do them. Better yet, why not just don't teach them and get it into the heads of those people wanting to do flashy moves that they have no business in fighting. Tell them to go to drama school.

Whilst some things are good (they regard boxing punches as the best, and there are good arts in there. E.g judo and boxing amongst the crap) but the high prices, the way the place is run like a business (Tony has his own office in the dojo and whenever speaking to him you must bow to him and call him sir), the kiddie black belts, the short time it takes to become a black belt and the incompetence of one instructor to perform even a simple judo move has prompted my decision to announce Bullshido on NATMAC. Those in the UK, do yourselves a favour and stay away from this place. Hre is the website, with addresses of the NATMAC clubs if you wish to check things out for yourselves:

http://www.nat-mac.co.uk/2601/frames.php

Nice investigation. We need more of this stuff. It is too easy to pull fun based on clips alone. Even if it is so much fun to do.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 10:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all fairness, in contrast to the website.

I never leaned any fancy kicks when i was there. It was very boxing orientated. with some karate kicks and groundfighting.

Not excusing the website, but i would not accuse the school of teaching 'flashy' no good in the street style moves.

the place taught me a left hook which has ko'd many a man and i can't fault them that. I was just after some more info on what they taught and qualifications earned etc.

thanks for all your help though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 10:44am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ps. my martial arts liscence from the place says WAKO on it in big letters.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 11:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuck Chorris

"Tony competed until his early 40ís and was picked several times for the England team, but freely admits he was never really challenged by competing."

That should be able to be verified. Provided that we aren't talking about the England's Hairless Fighting Gypsy team or something like that.
    The problem being that there are/were sooooo many organisations, governing bodies, divisions, sub-divisions etc that even that could prove to be very difficult to substantiate.

Example: I was a member of the EKA, and was chosen for GB squad training in 1994 (or 92... can't really recall), with a view to competing in Paris.
    Except the EKA that I was a member of was the European Karate Association, not the much better known England Karate Association.
    Our EKA= a dozen clubs (meaning even a wheezy shotokan't could get chosen for the "squad").
    Their EKA = huge membership, elite athletes.

Unless someone asks him which org he represented for England, then chances are, it's going to be a very long shot.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 8:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe someone could contact and give the man a chance to defend himself?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 6:23am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi again Stuart,
    Stuart, I've been inundated with requests about my own family
    background and how the Aegis system developed. My inbox has been
    overflowing so much I thought I'd better write it all down. So I've
    written a short ebook about how the system developed. So here it is...
    The History Of The Aegis System
    The name Aegis (pronounced Eejis) is taken from Greek Mythology.
    The name Aegis represents our philosophy and the roots of our system.
    According to the ancient Greek myths, the hero Perseus set out to
    prove his worth by slaying the Gorgon Medusa. The Gorgons were a trio
    of female monsters whose appearance was so horrific that one look
    into their faces would instantly turn you to stone... to read the rest
    of the story you can download a copy at
    http://www.nat-mac.co.uk/cdata/1649/docs/980846_1.pdf

Best wishes

Tony Higo

Yours in Martial Arts

Chief Master Tony Higo 6th degree Black Belt
    Founder & Chief Instructor
    National Martial Arts College

Best wishes

Tony Higo

Yours in Martial Arts

Chief Master Tony Higo 6th degree Black Belt
    Founder & Chief Instructor
    National Martial Arts College
    Last edited by StuartsM; 7/22/2007 9:19am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2007 8:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take it that from the lack of answers Mr Higo has answered all the questions?

I must say, he seems to have experience and cunning.

Thanks

Stuart.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2007 3:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got an email today some very mixed messages, but the best response gets a prize!
    so off you go guys.

Hi Stuart,

Hope this email finds you well. This week we have a very interesting interview with Master Tony Higo and it's guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers. Master Higo is dedicated to raising standardsin the martial arts and has strong views about those he considers to be dangerous amateurs. In this recently taped interview he give us the low down why: - 90% of black belts can't fight- 95% of martial arts don't work- How he can train an instructor in just 8 weeks! And - How most instructors couldn't pass his black belt exam- Why most Martial arts instructors are afraid of making a profit and why the martial arts industry suffers as a result - Also read about what he sees as the 'unprofessionals' in our industry:o Such as the local instructor who teaches whilst carrying a baby in his arms and o The double world champion who cheated her place onto the England team Also read his global plans for the future of the National Martial Arts College and how they are about to be realised - Bigtime!!! To get you copy of this 'Hot' interview click on the link:

http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=5DQ...BI5ATWDjtD_TdQ

Give us your response to Master Higo's thoughts and we'll give the best response a free 6 month membership of our Basic Program either for themselves or to give as a gift to a friend send yours to nmac1997@aol.com but do it fast this competition closes on Friday midnight 7th December Best Wishes Nathan MackPress Officer PS The 'Boot Camp' Instructor Training Program scheduled for 2008 only has two places left. If you want to book yours email us direct at nmac1997@aol.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2007 4:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh my god!

you need to actually read the interview!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast