Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lifetime, I'm pretty sure you could kick my ass in WTF sparring/competition, but why don't you keep your hands up, just to be different? Wouldn't you be better able to protect your body if you at least keep them by your chest and even better if you kept them by your chin?
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 10/19/2005 10:35pm at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, I've been thinking about this actually. I figured at first that you might want to keep your hands low because you only have to worry about shots to the body, but if your hands were up at least, you'd be able to deflect kicks easier.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:26pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm assuming it's so they dont' rack up points with kicks at the belt line. Different rule set makes you do different things.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kicks to the belt line shouldn't even count. That **** doesn't even HURT.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did point sparring myself. It was a different kind, but if their foot touched your body, they got 2 points. I had my rear arm with my forearm actually pressing against my stomach. Lead hand up like normal. And standing sideways so they can't get points as easy.

That was light/medium contact sparring and you weren't worried about getting KO'd. You could hit the person really hard on purpose 1 time and you just got a warning. Sometiems people will purposly throw a hay maker just to mess you up, then all they get is a warning.

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But we didn't spar like that in class. That was only for the point tournaments.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 2:01am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Kikkoman: WTF sparring awards 1 point to any kicking technique delivered with sufficient force to the body, and 2 points to the head. Technically punches should score but this never happens.

I know I should be keeping my hands up. It's a horrible habit that I let them slip every time I throw a kick. Generally most players don't try keeping their hands up because it affects your balance and footwork a little bit, and the range of engagement is different; players don't stand toe-to-toe as much as in MT or Kyokushin, so there's a little more time for getting out of the way. I did keep my hands up towards the end of the fight, but I was more worried about losing on points than actually getting KTFO; most of the time if a kick connects hard enough it'll get scored by the judges even if you blocked it, so it's better to get out of the way or try to ward/stifle it.

I know, bad point-sparring habits. I'm trying folks, I have sparred with other Bullshido members in Singapore under Kyokushin rules, and I'm planning to do more when I get back there.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 2:06am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For fun, just box for the entirity of your next match =P

I don't understand the game enough to comment. You look athletic, your cardio didn't suck, and I think you kicked him in the balls a lot, so...congrats?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 2:21am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, he kicked me twice in the nads when the video began, and then I got him back once. I've actually tried gone into a match thinking, "maybe I'll just punch a lot and see what happens" (yes I know, not the same as boxing). I put the video up here, and it was obvious to all I got my ass handed to me by push kicks and I gassed out early.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 8:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when i used to compete in TKD a few years ago and entered the aus uni games i got KTFO. that **** was hardcore for a TKD fight. i had never been knocked out or had a black eye before that.

lifetime, kick harder, be more aggressive. don't be afraid to hurt him.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast