Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 7:42pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WTF video: another TKD thread!

In the recent tradition of posting up TKD videos I thought I'd upload my latest competition match at the Australian University Games that I just got off a friend. I made a thread like this earlier this year about dealing with push-kicks and I'd like some feedback to see how I'm coming along.

Video is here, I'm in Red

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...J1CZALB4K0TMG2

My friend made an error in compiling it so it goes from Round 1 to middle Round 2 and then to start of Round 2, but other than that it's fairly high quality, which accounts for the big download.

The old thread was here if anybody's interested.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25070
    Last edited by lifetime; 10/19/2005 7:46pm at .
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're just asking for a jump spinning hook kick to the groin.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 7:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    you're just asking for a jump spinning hook kick to the groin.
    There's nothing I like more than :beatdead:

But seriously I was going to post this up as soon as I got the video anyway; I just didn't anticipate that like everyone else would come up with the same idea.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 9:07pm

Style: WTF Taekwondo, Kumdo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maverickz needs to get some new material...

the groin kicking **** isn't funny, it's over used

you take tkd yet you have a problem with people making tkd posts

maybe you need to sit down and sort things out :owneddanc

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 9:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

seriously now. lifetime, i'd love to take a look at it but it's coming in at 10kbps (or ~2 hours) and WTF sparring frustrates me to no end and i don't want to get ulcers. forgive me.
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 10/19/2005 9:41pm at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My best recommendation would be to stop doing TKD point sparring.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best I can find at my university I'm afraid. Proper classes actually cost money.

Genius

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 9:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Better to do nothing than train TKD.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 9:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, they might make you do icky stuff like compete against people. no one likes that.

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:17pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a different kind of TKD than what I did. But that actually looked pretty cool. Very good flexibility. I wish I had that. All i can do is throw side kicks.

I would try throwing some more side kicks. I'm not really familiar with that rule set. I am used to the point sparring where you stop after every hit.

It seems like your allowed to hit hard in that. My advice is hit a heavy bag. I just recently started hitting my bag. I sucked when i first started, but now I can make it bend in half with a side kick. I'm not sure if the heavy bag training is going to make me fight better next time but i'll find out. If your allowed to hit hard, then try to hurt the guy and maybe land a side kick or spinning back kick on him.

When your in the corner and no where to move, try a jumping back kick when he tries to rush and crowd you. You can do jumping spinning back kick even when they are in close.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast