and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz
    I was skeptical of bagged tuna for a while, but after trying it I'll never go back. It's more convenient and tastes better. I also have a few bagged tuna steaks that take 30 seconds in the microwave and are rather tasty. I am experimenting with a bunch of microwavable foods at the moment as sort of a prep period for college. The tuna in the pouch with lemon marinade is far superior to anything else thus far.
    Crab legs win hands down as the best food that can come out of a microwave, followed closely by those 3 for $.99 burritos.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._22741,00.html
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 2:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateNinja5000
    Crab legs win hands down as the best food that can come out of a microwave, followed closely by those 3 for $.99 burritos.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._22741,00.html
    you should try the crab juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 3:44pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad News Hughes
    you should try the crab juice.

Mmmm Koukalash.....
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The crabmeat in the bag is pretty good too. I normally use it to stuff fish!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 4:01pm

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyDaHedgehog
    George.

Foreman.

Grill.

Not that expensive, and you can make some damn good stuff with one. If your dorm room has a smoke detector, you might have to disable it (not that hard) but it's worth it.
    Dang. My college is stupid, we can't have our own microwaves, george foreman grills, toasters, whatever. We only get to share a microwave across the entire floor. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had one of those in my room.

Registered Member

I'm surrounded by farms in middle america.

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 5:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidran
    Dang. My college is stupid, we can't have our own microwaves, george foreman grills, toasters, whatever. We only get to share a microwave across the entire floor. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had one of those in my room.

I'm in college, and if there's one truism about college, it is that any "rules" regarding dorms are merely suggestions. Consider it a test of wits. If you can sneak it in and not get caught, then it really isn't against the rules.

Allow me to expand...
    No alcohol in the dorms they say. I say pooey. I say we get a keg, put it in a monitor box, carry it into the dorm, and throw a party.

No pointy stuff in the dorm...I'm pretty sure everyone on my floor has a sword or at least a bowie knife.

and finally, a couple of rules they added just for me...

No slip-n-slides are allowed in dorm hallways or in dorm rooms.

Students are no longer allowed to have hot tubs in their dorm rooms.
    (We got our hands on an old hot tub and snuck it in and assembled it. We were trying to figure out how to hook up water to it wen we got busted. Luckily, we weren't punished since there was no rule against it.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 5:43pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    those rules are bullshit anyway. I pay the rent, I make the rules. Why are you paying out of the ass to live in a room smaller then a jail cell where someone treats you like a child?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 6:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya I hate it. Plus, it would be hard to conceal at least a microwave, I barely got any room as it is. The other things, I could try and sneak them in, but it's not worth the risk, since the way things are set up and monitored here it would be easy for me to slip up and get caught. At least last year they had people walk down the halls every night and check the rooms, but I haven't really noticed this year (could have missed them though).

For me, I'll just deal with it for now and hold out till I get an apartment.

EDIT: And, I don't know how to disable a smoke detector, but we also have sprinklers in every room so if they went off because of smoke, everything would get wet, including my expensive computer equipment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    those rules are bullshit anyway. I pay the rent, I make the rules. Why are you paying out of the ass to live in a room smaller then a jail cell where someone treats you like a child?
    I know. Thing is, I think they used to let people bring in microwaves and such before, but then some people were stupid and did things like burning popcorn, even trying to make easy mac but didn't add water and started fires. Since then they just banned that stuff. You just can't underestimate the stupidity of people in college.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast