UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 11:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    One of his articles I read was about pull ups. He says the reason apes are so strong is because they do lots of pull ups. Yeah, right. I bet elephants are so big because they eat peanuts, huh? And giraffes' necks are long because they eat leaves?

PL
    Sounds like somebody doesn't understand punctuated equilibrium.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just had a quick look through Wikipedia and...

I still don't get it.

Is that the theory that girraffes have long necks because they keep stretching them to get the leaves at the top of the tree?

Or a sequel to that cool movie?

PL

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 1:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It means that animals evolved legs that look like commas and exclimation points~

On topic: the only reason you need to hate Furey is that his name is 2 small manipulations away from Furry.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 6:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by International W
    Obviously someone else from Cyberkwoon.com :wave:
    Haven't been there in ages, but I remember you, Waters.

My question to you (starting a new thread about this) is: Will Orientophilia ever end? Will people realise that MA coming out of Asia are not the only way? (Same going for a lot of other things).

Do you think we will see a revival in non-Asian non-mainstream MA and the acceptance of sport wrestlers and boxers into MA tourneys?
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 9:47am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt it. Winning those tournaments wouldn't matter to serious boxers or wrestlers. If I entered a tournament where takedowns were allowed, what's the point? Like I said, it'd be like me going to a JV high school tournament and winning easily.

Boxers would break the rules and hurt someone. I'd love to see a boxer enter some type of full contact tournament and wipe up with some TKD or Karate man.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 10:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt it. Winning those tournaments wouldn't matter to serious boxers or wrestlers. If I entered a tournament where takedowns were allowed, what's the point? Like I said, it'd be like me going to a JV high school tournament and winning easily.

Boxers would break the rules and hurt someone. I'd love to see a boxer enter some type of full contact tournament and wipe up with some TKD or Karate man.
    I have it on good authority that a boxer repeatedly snotted Superfoot Wallace, despite Wallace's insistence that the fight be stopped.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 10:52am

Style: HungGar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Furrey panders to the lowest common denominator.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 10:17pm

Style: Shuai Jiao/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So.. are you people are all saying Furey can not fight at all? Like I said before, I think he could probably hold his own on the streets usually. Well, not sure about now, but when he was actually training a few years back.

Seriously, does this organization look like a McDojo to you? Its not even commercially advertised, at all. I wouldn't have found it myself, except that I was recommended to by a friend. At least read some of the site. If you're specifically looking for Furey's name, its the second to last paragraph under "Weng" USSA

I've just asked a few days ago on various Shuai Chiao websites or forums, and they all know about that organization. Also, they all know about the International Shuai Chiao Tournament; held yearly. They all have weight classes as well, so Furey didn't "throw 100 lbs chinese dudes", as one poster said in some topic about Furey. And like I said before, it wasn't a small tournament, in response to some posters here who said it was tiny. It had over 11 countries participating, most with at least 10 fighters.

Anyway, I also recieved a reply on my email I sent to the President of the USSA.

He says, Matt was a very good fighter, at least when he got the Gold Medal in Beijing. Seeing how Dr. Chi-hsiu D. Weng was their at the International Shuaijiao Tournament, he said he could verify the skills needed. Weng says he does not know about him and what he does now, but in the past, he was a good fighter, and could get himself out of trouble with an average person. Weng also adds that Matt is a business man, and knows how to cause controversy. But looking through all that mess, he used to be a good fighter. Maybe still, but thats all he knows about.

~~~

So, all I'm saying is Furey has had legit training. Furey has been in legit tournaments and won. Furey, at his best, could fight and hold his own against the average attacker. Furey is an idiot.
    Last edited by Varangian Guard; 10/27/2005 10:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 12:52am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Furey won largely based on his wrestling skills which were probably far superior to anyone that tournament could dig up.

It's like if someone like Kevin Jackson competed in a regional judo tournament. Jackson would win, but not because he's good at Judo, just largely due to the fact he's a world class wrestler and Olympic gold medalist. Furey won this tournament because his skills from wrestling translated over. Not saying he's a bad wrestler, but if I had entered into this same tournament, I likely would have won my weight class as well. Not because I'm a great fighter (because I'm not), but because my skills translate over very well.

It means Furey fought somewhere he knew he had a probable chance of being successful.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 7:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Furey won largely based on his wrestling skills which were probably far superior to anyone that tournament could dig up.

It's like if someone like Kevin Jackson competed in a regional judo tournament. Jackson would win, but not because he's good at Judo, just largely due to the fact he's a world class wrestler and Olympic gold medalist. Furey won this tournament because his skills from wrestling translated over. Not saying he's a bad wrestler, but if I had entered into this same tournament, I likely would have won my weight class as well. Not because I'm a great fighter (because I'm not), but because my skills translate over very well.

It means Furey fought somewhere he knew he had a probable chance of being successful.

Okay. You have a point there. In fact you have a very good point.

Matt Furey is a good wrestler but nothing super fantastic. I can agree with that. But I still don't have a problem with his fitness material in his book Combat Conditioining.

Hindu squats,hindu pusups,back bridging, one-arm pushups,hand-stand pushups,hill sprints. This is the sort of stuff Matt Furey is advocating.

Do they make you fitter and stronger ? They sure so.
    Can they help your fighting in martial arts ? They sure can.

He's selling common sense fitness stuff I know but hey, it's still effective.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast