Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 5:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read that letter Karl Gotch wrote about Matt Furey.

All he says is basically Furey is making **** loads of money from selling the obvious. He labels Furey a "greedy fat pig". Maybe.

So Furey is making alot of cash from his books. Good for him. NO WHERE in Karl Gotches letter does he say thet Matt Furey's material is inneffective and does not work. Just bear that in mind.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 6:53pm

Style: Shuai Jiao/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read around, and it seems most people here dont think highly of Matt Furey at all. I've been to his website, and I do think many of it is just pure bullshit. Anything good, he also overprices like hell. Besides, talking to dead people and "learning" their techniques is pretty messed up.

However, looking through this nuthead's crazy brain and salesman tactics, I will try to justify him as a 'fighter'.

A Division II wrestling championship, though isn't as "great" as Division I or anything, but its still a pretty big acccomplishment. I highly doubt most people could do that, and most people here can not either. Its like saying "Person A sucks, he only got a Bronze Medal in the Olympics."

Second, about his Shuai Chiao championship in China. Some say it was some crappy tournament with very few participants. Some say he was just beating up untrained Chinese people weighing 130 lbs; when he was over 200. Some say he "claims" to have won, and when he actually didn't.

United States Shuai-Chiao Association

Click on "Weng", and read the second to last paragraph. To sum it up, he got a gold medal from the International Shuai Chiao tournament, which consisted of over 11 other countries participating. This was not written by Furey, unlike all the stuff he puts on his websites.

I don't know how well I did arguing "for" him, but from my point of view: Furey can fight, but he's also a ****ing idiot.

Feel free to correct me in any way.
    Last edited by Varangian Guard; 10/24/2005 6:56pm at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 7:17pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of his articles I read was about pull ups. He says the reason apes are so strong is because they do lots of pull ups. Yeah, right. I bet elephants are so big because they eat peanuts, huh? And giraffes' necks are long because they eat leaves?

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 9:44pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Furey winning a D-III national title isn't that great of an accomplishment. To put it in perspective, guys who are at D-III colleges aren't exactly the best in the nation. They're one step above NAIA guys. The best wrestlers in college wrestle at the D-I level. Schools like Iowa, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Arizona State, Lehigh, Oklahoma, Missouri, etc. Furey wrestled for Edinboro (which is now D-I), and managed to win a D-III title once. Can you name off the last 10 D-III champs? I sure can't, and I've been wrestling since I was 8, and wrestled collegiately for 6 years.

The point is, Furey won a D-III national title 20 years ago. He spent a year at Iowa and realized he couldn't hack it wrestling for the Hawkeyes. He'd never even been able to get a chance to crack the lineup there.

His kung fu claims are whatever, I probably could have won the same tournament.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 9:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I highly highly doubt you could have won anything in the International Shuaijiao Tournament. You seriously should look at the USSA more closely, and Shuai Chiao in general. I have personally met with the Dr. Chi-hsiu D. Weng and his sons (Jan-Yu and She-Peng) two times. They are very skilled and definetely know what they're talking about. If Furey was really trained by Dr. Weng (and obtained a first degree blackbelt; according to the USSA), I am most certain that he could fight, at least in 1997 when he got the Gold Medal in one of the features. Actually, next time I go see Dr. Weng, I think I'll ask him about Furey myself.. Though I hope it wouldn't seem rude.

And you say he won a D-III? I have always heard from others that it was a D-II.

But my point still stands. He can fight. At least he used to be able to fight; not sure about now. At least be able to take down the average person, or get away fine in a barfight or something.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with everyone here that Furey is a ****ing idiot and has the most exageratted claims ever. I just believe that he could at least fight somewhat. Even winning a D-III title can't be done by anyone and not the average person definetely.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I hadn't suffered through a multitude of injury problems, poor personal choices, and the delusions I could have been a D-I wrestler, I probably could have gone D-III and won a national title or at least been a 2-3X All American. No knock on D-III, but coming out of high school my choices were either be a walk on at Arizona State and maybe crack the lineup by my senior year, or go the junior college route and showcase my skills and attract attention from a D-I school that needed a quick fix in their lineup. I didn't even consider going D-II/III or NAIA. I got plenty of letters from small schools like that (I got scholarship offers from no les than a dozen NAIA/D-III schools), but I wanted to go D-I. Eventually after I left junior college I settled on D-II Adams State in Alamosa, CO. At that same time Central Oklahoma was onto me pretty hotly, as well as Portland State and North Dakota State.

Also I'm pretty sure that none of those Kung Fu guys have much takedown defense skills. I'm pretty sure that I'd win the takedowns pretty easily and I've been training MMA type of striking/standup since around 1997. Furey won because he's a bigger wrestler, fairly strong and can't really be taken down by anyone. I'd win the same tournament in the lightweight division probably. It'd be like me going to wrestle at a high school open and pinning my way through the bracket. I could attend small tournaments like that and win easily, but what's the point?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see your point. If you are really as skilled as you say, then I may have to agree with you.

I just sent an email to Dr. Chi-hsiu D. Weng, and I hope he can clear some stuff up; at least for me.

But, I still think Furey can fight. Perhaps not too well, and may get taken and beat by one with some good training; but from my perspective, he can at least beat the average person. And I would think he could get himself out of trouble on the streets, hold his own, etc. (Assuming the attacker didn't have a gun or anything, and doesn't have too much real training). Would you agree with this, at very least?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 2:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not to terribly skilled, but I'm just saying, anyone who wrestled halfway decent in college should be able to do well in stuff like that. I'd be willing to bet if so inclined, a lot of ex D-II, D-III wrestlers would mop up at events like that, but they either don't know about it, or don't care or aren't interested.

No reasn to go and compete in something that desn't mean anything to you.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, this is International Waters; I know of his work on other forums and frankly I'm impressed. He's like me only he actually has wrestling experience and he isn't an angry gimp.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2005 11:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    Yes, this is International Waters; I know of his work on other forums and frankly I'm impressed. He's like me only he actually has wrestling experience and he isn't an angry gimp.
    Obviously someone else from Cyberkwoon.com :wave:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast