One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 10:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    Just to throw it out there, maybe changing the thread title to something else asides from such a declaration would be a good limit of liability?
    Done. International W, do you even know what "fraud" means? I see no supporting information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 6:33pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, from what I hear about Furey's submissions, they're a joke. Joe Hurley who is much smaller pounded on him. Not to speak ill of Joe, but I remember when Joe was just starting off and he wasn't anything special about 8-9 years ago. I KNOW for a fact Joe got way better and would probably tap me out now, but he's a fantastic fighter and trains his ass off to be such.

Furey just isn't that good. At anything. He won a national wrestling title, but D-III really just isn't that great (I wrestled D-II). Back when Furey wrestled the D-II and D-III champs got invites to the NCAA D-I tournament. The big one where schools like Iowa, Michigan, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, etc. wrestle. Furey was ousted easily by a guy who I don't even think was an All American. Of course there were exceptions and that invitation thing was shut off after Carlton Haselrig emerged (he won 3 straight D-II and D-I titles).

Point is, if Furey is selling books on conditioning, he should be able to grapples for hours. Not get his ass whooped by a guy 50 lbs lighter and less experienced and then get "tired" after 15 minutes. I know all of the routines Furey does, I wrestled in college for most of 6 years (injury exemption), and I've had the benefit of learning from many great coaches as well. If he's selling a condiioning book, he should be able to back it up. Dave Abbott ran a marathon and I'd take him in good shape over Furey in NHB or wrestling any day.

Fraud (definitions frm websters)

1. A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
    2. A piece of trickery; a trick.
    1. One that defrauds; a cheat.
    2. One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

Look at the bold text. I'd say that's exactly what Matt Furey is.

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 8:51am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to go to a legal dictionary for your definition, because you will end up in the legal realm when you throw the "Fraud" word out there. And you will likely drag the site with you, so this matter is not taken lightly. Here is a legal definition:
    1 a: any act, expression, omission, or concealment calculated to deceive another to his or her disadvantage

specif
    : a misrepresentation or concealment with reference to some fact material to a transaction that is made with knowledge of its falsity or in reckless disregard of its truth or falsity and with the intent to deceive another and that is reasonably relied on by the other who is injured thereby
    Note the specific definition, that really lays it out.

Also, republishing libellous material does not exonerate you because you relied on another. You must be able to fit something into this with absolute certainty, or at least objectively and in good faith.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 9:06am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would trading unfairly on Dan Gabel's reputation count?

I know you'd need to back up the accusation etc. as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 9:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    Would trading unfairly on Dan Gabel's reputation count?

I know you'd need to back up the accusation etc. as well.
    I don't know if I understand your question. But if one claims qualifications that he does not have in an effort to induce another into a transaction, then that would be "fraud in the inducement"

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I was asking I think. ;) Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 9:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That bothers me. Furey is up on the fact Gable coached him. Gable coached him and he was at Iowa for about a year. He didn't start, he was buried 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. He never actually competed for Iowa in anything other than open tournaments, invitationals, etc.

He left Iowa because he wasn't a star and went to then D-III Edinboro and won a national title there. Tha right there just smacks of ego.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 1:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karl Gotch is the one Furey uses to back up his claim as a catch wrestler.
    Karl Gotch has recently written that letter that was published online flat out saying Furey lied about his experience with him and that he is using his name without permission.
    He said/she said arguments and speculation aren't even relevant anymore, the letter is still available on the website.

http://www.scientificwrestling.com/letter_from_karl.htm

Photocopy of Gotch's original hand written letter, plus at the bottom its typed out for those that can't follow the handwriting.

He is a fraud. Its all over.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 8:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerorMoon?
    Karl Gotch is the one Furey uses to back up his claim as a catch wrestler.
    Karl Gotch has recently written that letter that was published online flat out saying Furey lied about his experience with him and that he is using his name without permission.
    He said/she said arguments and speculation aren't even relevant anymore, the letter is still available on the website.

http://www.scientificwrestling.com/letter_from_karl.htm

Photocopy of Gotch's original hand written letter, plus at the bottom its typed out for those that can't follow the handwriting.

He is a fraud. Its all over.
    Now THAT is evidence!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2005 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When Gotch speaks, you listen.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast