Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 10:36pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait...you think Clark Kent is Superman?

Superman doesn't wear glasses, dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 10:37pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Sniff* An overgrown child can dream...he can dream...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 11:10pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeisha
    Wait...you think Clark Kent is Superman?

Superman doesn't wear glasses, dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 12:06pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Little red x's don't wear glasses, dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 10:18am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Batman Begins is a terrific movie, but they should have made the fights watchable.
    same goes for the bourne supremacy. the fight with the german guy (played by Marton Csokas) was brutal and it seemed OK. ow yeah, and blurry!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 2:18pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have always wanted to do this....

Quote Originally Posted by Elzoob
    :smiley:

Also someone above mentioned Dan Insanto being involved with Keysi. I dont know for sure but i would say it is possible since Guru Dan is like alot of masters and trained almost everything at one point or another.

Edit: Ok I checked Dan's site and his Bio I found on the internet, It dosn't mention Keysi specifically but i would still suspect he may have seen this system or maybe the folks associated with it have taken one of his seminars....If someone has confirmation of this info please let us know.
    Last edited by Planktime; 10/26/2005 2:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 2:29pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiangfei
    It seems to be a bit fashionable these days to point out in big shiny letters whatever martial art influenced whichever movie is currently out. I recall when Kill Bill was all the rage, the media pushed that style... where you hit each other with rubber samurai swords (I forget the name). And when that godawful J LO movie came out, when she beats up her husband, the magazines couldn't get enough about how it was Krav Maga she used. Wether or not she did is irrelevant, but I bet it boosted their student intake for a month. Ditto for Ong-Bak and muay thai.
    yeah when Ong-Bak came out my old gyms muay thai classes were full of wannabe's who left in like a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:31am

Style: Self-Protection

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only link that Dan Inosanto has with Keysi is that Keysi was founded by two of his registered instructors, Justo Dieguez from Spain and Andy Norman from the UK.

Keysi is based on Jeet Kune Do Concepts, but is rather stylized. There seems to be some confusion as to who invented their particular defensive guard... they call it 'thinking man' and use it for attack as well as defence. But it's also known as 'crazy monkey' as used by the Straight Blast Gym.

Since Batman Begins, Keysi has become too commercialized. An annual fee to KFM came into force shortly after it was announced that it was the fighting style of Batman Begins. And Christian Bale annoyed me in an interview when he claimed Keysi had been invented especially for the movie!

Keysi is a brilliant system. Batman Begins has taken some of the shine off it for me though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 12:41pm

Style: Judo, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact of the matter is that its appeared a few times recently in MA mags and Im still none the wiser as to whats on offer. I know its difficult to pigeon hole a whole style or approach to fighting, but these Keysi people have taken vagueness to a whole new level......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 3:56am

Style: Self-Protection

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by abclaret
    The fact of the matter is that its appeared a few times recently in MA mags and Im still none the wiser as to whats on offer. I know its difficult to pigeon hole a whole style or approach to fighting, but these Keysi people have taken vagueness to a whole new level......
    It has no blocks, just a defensive guard known as 'thinking man'. The palms are placed on the forehead and elbow position is changed depending on the situation. The stance is low and crouched, like that of a grappler. Aside from the 'thinking man' it's like any other MMA. It has low thai kicks and loads of elbow strikes plus a lot of grappling (mainly takedowns and ground-n-pound). It also incorporates stick fighting from Kali but adapted to work with the thinking man.

I used to love it, but have since discovered that you're far better off without the stylised ****; excessive thinking man is more a hindrance than a help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12