Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 8:28pm

Style: Just Muay Thai for now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dr. Haha Lung and Christopher Prowant

Hey guys. So anyway, I have this book entitled Ninja SHADOWHAND - THE ART OF INVISIBILITY by Dr. Haha Lung and Christopher Prowant. It tries to describe the history of the NINJA and Taisavaki, which is Taisabaki mispelled I believe. There are more problems as well. It never really gives a brief overview of the Japanese history of the Ninja. But it gives off a story about a very vauge and most likely false history of the "Moshuh Nanren", the supposed Chinese Ninja that were decended from the Lin Kuei (Forest Demons) otherwise known as the clan of Ninja from Mortal Kombat (get over here!). Then it goes off to explain the "Wolfshirts" (the Viking Ninja) and other secret cult/groups that supposebly existed. However, he does not elaborate enough on the Japanese aspects and history. The Ninja were from Japan, yet he descirbes a Chinese secret service like the Ninja. He also quotes Dirk Skinner and other author's words of steathly advice, such as this piece from the famous Sun Tzu, "When near, make it appear you are far away. When far away, make it appear you are near". Also, the diagrams of the techniques he gives are very sketchy. What I want to know is were Dr. Haha Lung and Christopher Prowant proved to be fraudulent? Because I'm pretty sure that these guys and Ashida Kim are very similar. Oh, and has anyone else read the book that I'm talking about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 7:28am

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr.Haha lung is one of ashida kims alias. so to answer your question yes it is a fraudulent book written by a fraud of an author.

there has been talk of Dr. Haha Lung before on this forum. use the search option.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 7:58am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Viking ninja" sounds so funny. Not as good as Pirate ninja's but it's close.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 1:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Method2Madness
    Dr.Haha lung is one of ashida kims alias. so to answer your question yes it is a fraudulent book written by a fraud of an author.

there has been talk of Dr. Haha Lung before on this forum. use the search option.
    Oh cool. But how did you find out that he was another alias of AK?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 11:37pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is not a alias of Ashida. Lung had some of his books published by Paladin Press in the 2000's. Ashida tried to sue Paladin Press in 1998 and added them to his "**** list" shortly after.

I looked into the copyrights of Haha Lung. He is a pseudonym but it doesn't say what his real name is. I have some guesses:

1. He is Christopher B. Prowant, but he added Lung to seem more credible. A Asian author would know lots of stuff about ninjas; just like all Asians do. I still don't know if Prowant is a pseudo also.

2. He is Ralf Dean Omar. Ralf did the illustrations for one of Lung's books. Ralf is also a ninja author writing under the name "Dirk Skinner".

3. He is many different authors. The claimant for one of his books is Loompanics. They write alot of weird books using pseudonyms. It seems they sometimes hire a freelance author to write their books. Maybe that is why no real name is given, because there are too many to list.

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 11:43pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Don, Dr. Haha Lung is still published by Paladin but Radford Davis/AK and Peder Lund had a major parting of the ways in the early 1990s when Radford accused Lund of stealing royalties and somehow the rights to AK's books got moved over to Kensington Press. Given how much Lund and Davis loathe each other it seems impossible that they still would be doing business together.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 9:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aye. This haha lung character seems worthy of further attention. I skim read this craptastic offering at the bookstore yesterday and it rivals radford's BS. The artwork is particularly ... curios... lots about "Wolfshirts" with undoubtedly historical misrepresentations in their dress, showing a lack of awareness of serious academic level history.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Old School DM

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the first tipoff that its bullshido is the appearance of the word "Ninja" in the title, and the absence of the words "Role Playing Game".

Damn, I'd love to roll up a Viking Ninja. Do you think my GM will let me play an Elvish Viking Ninja if I make up a cool backstory?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 10:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote
    He is not a alias of Ashida. Lung had some of his books published by Paladin Press in the 2000's. Ashida tried to sue Paladin Press in 1998 and added them to his "**** list" shortly after.

I looked into the copyrights of Haha Lung. He is a pseudonym but it doesn't say what his real name is. I have some guesses:

1. He is Christopher B. Prowant, but he added Lung to seem more credible. A Asian author would know lots of stuff about ninjas; just like all Asians do. I still don't know if Prowant is a pseudo also.

2. He is Ralf Dean Omar. Ralf did the illustrations for one of Lung's books. Ralf is also a ninja author writing under the name "Dirk Skinner".

3. He is many different authors. The claimant for one of his books is Loompanics. They write alot of weird books using pseudonyms. It seems they sometimes hire a freelance author to write their books. Maybe that is why no real name is given, because there are too many to list.
    Ah. Ok, then maybe the question I should be asking is what is the author's REAL identity? Thanks for all the information so far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 10:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    Well, the first tipoff that its bullshido is the appearance of the word "Ninja" in the title, and the absence of the words "Role Playing Game".

Damn, I'd love to roll up a Viking Ninja. Do you think my GM will let me play an Elvish Viking Ninja if I make up a cool backstory?
    Being an ex-DnD player, I'd say that'd be awexxome.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast