Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I've said in previous threads, I'm one seriously deprived mofo. Four hours of class a week, no training partner, nothing to really practice WITH except for a 75-pound heavybag, and the absolute weakest joints you'll find on a person without rickets. Clearly, I've gotta make do with what I can. I manage to get in about two hours a day on the bag, but I feel like it's not helping me. My stamina's increasing, and my power's increasing, but I still feel like a lot of my biggest problems--among them a pitiful left hand, poor targeting, and extremely telegraphed strikes--remain untreated. What do you guys do?

They don't call it the Nazi PARTY for nothing!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm running/jogging/sprinting more now, that'll help imrpove stamina. Wegithlifting and other excersises will imporove strenghth (though I don't really weightlift in a gym.) What do you do on the bag and for how long?

I just strike at it etc/maybe go for some grappling moves for as long as I can / hit it as hard as you can too. You should try to pull off soem combinations as well.

there's no trainign partner in you class!? what is it you do again? :D

Overall a trainign partner and a good teacher is most improtant - but mainly th etrainign partner because you need some1 to spar with.

also you could get a book on how to do some moves.

Give me your ICQ - I'll send you some MMA clips etc, may help (if not they'll just be entertaining...) :)

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket

Edited by - Blade Windu on April 06 2003 18:08:33
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    train like you do blade? lol

Boyd-keep moving. Get a good bag glove or you will hurt your joints more.

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeeep :D

"keep moving" - wow good advice LOL. bad gloves may be a good idea, but going without them won't hurt too much.

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:27pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you could also scream invectives, that's always fun

combat visualization! :)

"there's no trainign partner in you class!? what is it you do again? :D"
    i think he means outside of class

--
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade: I already work out with weights/jog (about 90 minutes-2 hours, three times a week). I've got training partners in my class, it's just that I don't have one OUTSIDE. That's a big part of the problem. I've got a couple Bruce Lee books and both the Gracie ones, but what good are they to me without someone to work them on? And even so, two hours twice a week ain't cuttin' it.

I've got a couple moderately thick gloves. Couldn't find any MMA gloves, but these wrap over enough times to provide adequate wrist support.

They don't call it the Nazi PARTY for nothing!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:28pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would suggest go to mountain and run, climb, and swimming. It will improve your stamina for unexpect situtation. The sand, pebbles, stones, hill, different levels and terrains would imrpove your stamina. But I dunno about the joints (so far it help me alot but I am not old yet so I can't say for safe.).

Here is what I would with bags after I get bored with hitting or kicking it. I would start to do what I call "slashing" or Grazing. I would punch the bag in way so my knuckles rub against it but not hitting it and same with my elbows. It will increase your chance to be able to give a quick nasty cut with your knuckles or elbows. It is very useful to do it above person's eyes which would cause blood to drip into their eyes. Just to be caution, it will burn your elbows and knuckle and even cause it to bleeding if you over do. But after about a month your eblows and knuckles will be able to cut person face.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:40pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What? You guys actually train? I just sit behind my puter all day and eat burritos.

==================
    A man without a plan, is not a man...

Nietsche
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:42pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice.....text training :)
    FD sharpens his knuckles lol

--

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 6:46pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol Piz, Yes I guess that would be good name for this training method.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast