Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 7:37pm

Style: Thai Boxing,BJJ,wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well if you want a good warmup and workout before the tournement we should definitely get up before 11/20 and do a few rounds, practice some drills and what not.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 10:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabris
    MBKickboxer: Yes, lets do get together soon. I have a tournament on 11/20 so November can be bad for me depending on when the TD will be but you guys should definitely see if theres any interest in setting something up.
    11/20 in Rochester? Is it open to underbelts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 11:39pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The tournament is actually inner dojo within the three branches Manhattan, Edgewater and Harrison. Being an underbelt, I have nothing to loose and everything to gain! Plus, there are a couple of higher belts that I would love to take down just because I don't fancy their attitude when they spar with lower belts... (doing so would be another story though).

And if I do make it out for practice before this tournament, I can probably only go light sparring.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    10/26/2005 11:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it wouldn't be open to like an Enshin Blue Belt?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 12:02am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe so but I can ask. I thought you were a beginner?? Isn't blue belt like the 3rd belt?

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/27/2005 12:30am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread has a movies tag but no movies. Feel my hate.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 2:32pm

Style: Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Next one?

New to the site, and this (NYC Throwdown) caught my eye. Any ideas when the next one will be? I have not actively practiced any MA (only had about two years of Judo in college) but am looking to get a taste of MMA. Looking at the turnout it seemed like there were under 10 people at the last one... I wouldn't mind chipping in $$$ even if I'm not participating (though if you guys need a practice dummy, and I can learn something, I'll take the beating ;) Just no video showing me getting 0w3d :) ).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2005 8:22am

Style: Thai Boxing,BJJ,wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^What's going on man, glad to see you found the thread and are interested in participating. No one is there to beat the **** out of you so there is no need to worry about that. EVERYONE that participates is there to learn from one another, test their skills and knowledge and find new ways to ehance their abilities. If you just wanted to do some light sparring and go over things and what not, thats cool, everyone will be willing to help out. If you decided that you just want to test your skills and mash out as hard as you can there will be people willing to do that as well. In the end all fights close with a hand shake. Just start going over what you remember from your past training.

Everyone is interested in getting together soon, probably between now and the next 2 weeks or so. Hopefully more people will show up as supposed to the last one, even if its the same people that's still cool. You get to see a wide variety of styles regardless.

Revolution Fist that hosted it trains in Internal Martial Arts/Tai chi through a combative stand point.

Tabris trained in Kyokushin which is a bare-nuckle form of karate

My friend adam will hopefully be willing to full participate and he trained in Brazillian Jui Jits.

As for myself I have training in Praying Mantis Kung fu, san shou, but my main focus of training now is on thai boxing.

That's 4 people with 4 totally different styles of fighting....you're bound to pick something useful from each one of us.

Peace and respect...hope to see you at the next one. :new_silly
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345