Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 12:17pm

Style: E-chuan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oct 23 NYC THROWDOWN

There will be a Throwdown held at Fight House (122 West 27th St.) this Sunday, Oct 23.

Please, only interested parties respond. If we have a few martial artist signed up by Wed., Iíll book the space for noon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 11:20pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This newbie is still interested in going. Just looking back at the old thread, you said that theres no equipment besides the 4 oz. MMA glove. I only have a pair of 16 oz, handwraps, and a foam padding that may not even be 2 oz for Kyokushin. Also, what about cup and mouthguard? I like to have children someday in case of accidents and I chipped a tooth before in soccer and would prefer to keep whats left of my teeth (I thought I'd ask since Kyokushin doesn't care for wearing a cup or mouthguard)

Also, Re4, my weight class is WAY below yours (I am actually thinking that I might be the smallest guy going) I would weigh in probably at about 140lb...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 8:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, definitely bring a cup and mouthguard .... sorry, I just take those for granted. Bring what gloves you want, I have extras and everything can be worked out then.

As for weight, there's a couple light weight kick boxers who have expressed interest. Just working out some details today. We should have confirmation by tomorrow.

Peace

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 1:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are booked for 12 noon, Sun., at Fight House (http://www.fighthouse.com/ ... 122 West 27st). There is a $12 fee to be paid to Fight House management for using the space.

Please, everyone try to be there on time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking forward to it, by chance would you happen to know how many people would be going?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 6:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like there's about 3 or 4 other's besides you and me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 8:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks! I am surprised as I remember trolling around and seeing a lot of people from the NYC area on this board... I can't believe there isn't more interest. I might ask around my dojo to see if anyone else is interested.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 7:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised to. Definitely thought we'd get more participation from this board.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/20/2005 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    howard and i will be back once we are fully healed (his fractured hand is mostly better, and my torn rotator cuff is almost 100%, should be all good by end of december.) most likely stanford as well.

and no, we didn't get injured at the past throwdowns, so as to not scare anyone off.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 10:26pm

Style: JKD/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay i will bring a friend. And my camera.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast