Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 9:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    So, will we see the "real" Tong Long as well as the "feces ridden" one ?
    Oh Man ... first thing Monday morning and you're kicking my ass ... all ready ...

"Nope" on the "real" SPM from Rockwell ... you have a World of MA experience and real skill. You watch him repeatedly hinge forward at the waist ... leading with his whole fookin head - upper torso and you decide. He looks like one of those plastic birds that sit on a glass and bob their head up and down sipping water ... just weird.

I'll get someone to shoot me (with a camera ... thank-you) running a few moves from Lee Wing Sing's SPM system as a "compare & contrast" affair. We sit back & down in stances with the focus being rotational force production through the axis denoted by the spine. We don't play "make a paper clip."

I am formally trained - taught in 3 SPM systems, familiar with others by way of meeting in person and testing. I've never encountered such bizarre bio-mechanics in my life. The guy literally begs to have his face smashed in or whole body slammed into the ground via grappling.

I think the BJJ & MMA guys are going to have a lot of fun pointing out how easily they would waste this guy who can't even properly box air ... and we all know how brutal an opponent empty space can be. I mean, damp air alone is enough to really raise Hell with Chi projection ... don't practice when it's raining outside as it's "bad" Chi.

Now if you will be so kind as to excuse me ... I have to go turn invisible for a few minutes & fly around outside ... daily practice and that sort of thing ... hope the air isn't too damp this morning ... I hate crash landings …

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 9:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    I have only seen Southern Mantis once, by viewing videos posted here. I distinctly remember the old Sifu doing corrections or something in a class while smoking a cigarette ~ Classic. I wish I could find that clip, I thought I saved it.
    Most of the old guys smoke and drink like fish ... Scotch, single malt. Smoking is tied into the culture ... "Can't be a Man if you haven't smoked." kind of thing. Of course, many of these same guys are diabetic and today we know that prolonged excessive use of alcohol can trigger a diabetic condition or cause a pre-existing diabetic condition to manifest much earlier in life than it normally would.

The "real" guys that are old timers are about on par with Hookers ... they will break you up, maim you & then get down to the serious work of really hurting you.

It's not an athletic contest with them and if you read about some of the old time great western boxers you will find they weren't "clean living" peeps either. Just a matter of context and frame of reference.

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 10:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Most of the old guys smoke and drink like fish ... Scotch, single malt. Smoking is tied into the culture ... "Can't be a Man if you haven't smoked." kind of thing. Of course, many of these same guys are diabetic and today we know that prolonged excessive use of alcohol can trigger a diabetic condition or cause a pre-existing diabetic condition to manifest much earlier in life than it normally would.

The "real" guys that are old timers are about on par with Hookers ... they will break you up, maim you & then get down to the serious work of really hurting you.

It's not an athletic contest with them and if you read about some of the old time great western boxers you will find they weren't "clean living" peeps either. Just a matter of context and frame of reference.

I remember getting plastered at the strip club with my old TKD instructor and then getting BJ's after...fun times.
    I remember going to a "flea ridden" restaurant in Chinatown, eating the best food EVER and then getting stoned with a certain CLF instructor that shall remain nameless, and his nephew and THEN getting some of the finest puntang ever !!

Ah, fond memories...

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 10:29am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh Man ... first thing Monday morning and you're kicking my ass ... all ready ...

"Nope" on the "real" SPM from Rockwell ... you have a World of MA experience and real skill. You watch him repeatedly hinge forward at the waist ... leading with his whole fookin head - upper torso and you decide. He looks like one of those plastic birds that sit on a glass and bob their head up and down sipping water ... just weird.

I'll get someone to shoot me (with a camera ... thank-you) running a few moves from Lee Wing Sing's SPM system as a "compare & contrast" affair. We sit back & down in stances with the focus being rotational force production through the axis denoted by the spine. We don't play "make a paper clip."

I am formally trained - taught in 3 SPM systems, familiar with others by way of meeting in person and testing. I've never encountered such bizarre bio-mechanics in my life. The guy literally begs to have his face smashed in or whole body slammed into the ground via grappling.

I think the BJJ & MMA guys are going to have a lot of fun pointing out how easily they would waste this guy who can't even properly box air ... and we all know how brutal an opponent empty space can be. I mean, damp air alone is enough to really raise Hell with Chi projection ... don't practice when it's raining outside as it's "bad" Chi.

Now if you will be so kind as to excuse me ... I have to go turn invisible for a few minutes & fly around outside ... daily practice and that sort of thing ... hope the air isn't too damp this morning ... I hate crash landings …

Too much mexican yesterday eh?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 10:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Indeed. One of these old timers I know of (now dead) smoked like a chimney. When asked if the smoking would affect his wind, the answer was basically ~ Whatever I am going to do will be done so fast, it won't matter. He was right, of course.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:08am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember getting plastered at the strip club with my old TKD instructor and then getting BJ's after...fun times.
    I remember going to a "flea ridden" restaurant in Chinatown, eating the best food EVER and then getting stoned with a certain CLF instructor that shall remain nameless, and his nephew and THEN getting some of the finest puntang ever !!

Ah, fond memories...
    And yet, not one mention of women at all in that post .
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:33am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    And yet, not one mention of women at all in that post .
    Hmmm, I guess you have no idea what "pontang" means...

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:37am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, I guess you have no idea what "pontang" means...

I wasn't sure if the word had the same meaning in Canada?????

:eusa_whis
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 11:39am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    I wasn't sure if the word had the same meaning in Canada?????

:eusa_whis

I sure hope it does !!!
    Or someone has ALOT of explaining to do !!!

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/24/2005 12:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ah, fond memories...
    HOOT!! and FLASHBACKS ... "funny" how that David Carradine-esque stereotype just never really materializes.

"They" are some of the wildest SOBs I've even encountered and in all the many years ... I've never heard so much as word one of the Fortune Cookie BS so prized by so many come out of their mouths ...
Page 6 of 120 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656106 ... LastLast