Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    I hosted one ATL Throwdown and showed up to another, both are ancient history though. I'm busy getting fat now. We'll see if I return to the MA world or I remain an armchair warrior.
    Dude, I was all ready in College when you were born ... get your lazy fucking ass in gear most ricky-tick. You keep it together until around age 40 - 43 and you will remain in good shape for the rest of your life.

As I age out ... none too gracefully ... quality of life truly matters to me.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Hap-Gar Si-Ji-Hao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diligentmantis
    Hi Guys, just joined. so a big hello to all, I saw the Video of jay cummins doing something but its not Spm. Is His Sifu Eddy Berry? Who was the chinese guy in the Video? .

sean
    Its recogniseable as that individuals way of moving and forming shapes/transitions etc. People have a characteristic way of forming, and students who have not yet developed themselves tend to mimick precisely how they have been taught.

The person in the video has also repeatedly claimed 19 years of prior (to the video) training in Chow-Gar Southern Praying Mantis, and 12 years (prior to the video) training in Wing-Chun, as well as having had 16 professional boxing matches in the UK, a math degree from Edinburgh University, being a member of MENSA, trained wrestling whilst being a student at university in the USA and other such stuff.

The Boxing claims have been shown here to be untrue, the MENSA membership is not verified, the Maths degree claim from Edinburugh is untrue, the cliamed 12 years in Wing-Chum was traced thru his Wing-Chun teacher as being only 3 or 4 years, the time in the USA in wrestiling training is un-verified.

What is true, is that his performance is hallmarked as being from the person stated in Sean's post.

Steve.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 1:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Richards
    What is true, is that his performance is hallmarked as being from the person stated in Sean's post. Steve.
    Apple never falls far from the tree does it, Steve? Seems Rockwell not only picked up a boatload of **** masquerading as SPM ... he also took on Berry's penchant for back stabbing, lying and hiding. In a sense, Rockwell is a good student.

Kwan appears even worse ... so broken and disjointed just from pulling on the idiotic training arm they made. Why in the Hell anyone would work on some piece of **** machine with -0- transfer to the target activity when there are partners right there escapes me. Must be another of Berry's isolationist quirks passed on to his totally 'tard students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 3:34pm

Style: Kajukenpo Ch'uan Fa / SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can vouch for that John. Thanks for your assistance in showing me what a troll Rockwell is. Finally some admittal from one of his "buds" about the "coming to the rescue" events that he seems to be quite talented in. Only if his skill would be on the same level as his deceptions.

He needs a god damn life and something more constructive to do with his time rather than trying to bash someones name and credentials with bullshit sneakyness.

If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ... something is wrong with that lineage.

Eric
    Last edited by Shrfu_Eric; 11/04/2005 4:20pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 4:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrfu_Eric

Something is wrong with that lineage.

Eric
    Hello Eric,

Its virtually an extinct branch, and where it still exists as such, its inconsistent with itself - a great deal of diversity away from what is a very limited platform. Its limitedness is a paradoxical strength, IF people read the configuration properly, as a transcription code. If its taken 'as is' its not worth bothering with, and certainly cannot compare 'as is' with any other branch of SPM, in terms of its manifest technical bandwidth or breadth and depth of skills.

John refers to it as very 'pared-down' - which it is. Its SO pared down that anyone who is not able to work away from its basic elements will be trapped in it - a reduced platform that reduces even further if no natural ability to develop it on exists in a person. The freedom to develop it, is 'given' in fact accoding to its Hakka lineage holder, it MUST be developed, off and away from its basic gene code. That requires a hell of a lot of real world experience, natural skill, and devotion to it. The 'product' - that which comes out from the process, reflects who has produced it, if there's nothing there in the person at the beginning, then there will be still nothing in the end.

People who come to it with a lot of background and an already high skill in TCMA CAN make a lot of it - in fact thats that systems great, if latent, strength, but it only works for a very few people.

Because its not an 'out-in-public' art, there are some in it who make out its far more special than it is, and by reference they therefore must be something special too. Fact is, on most ordinary levels, it cannot compare with any other SPM branch - it has no Dim-Mak, it has no Medicine, no Qi-Gong, its weapons are Hung-Gar derived, and its Hakka Key-Lung is not original to the branch. Its supposed to be a no BS fighters hand, but, without ready experience and prior existant skill it simply won't match up.

Most Hakka 'Masters' of that branch also do Wong-Yook-Gong's branch of Jook-Lum SPM, not that one, on its own... The history of the branches founder is controversial, and a number of older Hakka from the other SPM branches do not recognize it as an authentic SPM. There's the usual lineage claims and counter claims, but that aside, its 'different' in many ways from the usual badged SPM, and in total numbers of practitioners, the system is very, very small, not much more than a small family-system.

Because it is so diversified, even within its small numbers, it produces many versions of itself. As a 'product' this means that some of it is likely to be utter crap. Whats 'wrong' with it as a lineage, reflects some of the people who currently promote it. What wrong with it (on the video) as a branch-diversified platform, can be seen in those who inadvertently show themselves off, and up, doing it.

Steve.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 5:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Apple never falls far from the tree does it, Steve? .
    Hello John,

Being round, they are supposed to roll away of course, otherwise they get stiffled by the parent tree.

If they grow at all, it will be with shallow roots, and a small stature.

The only people whom I've known who ever made anything of that particular system, had as you have said, already achieved highly elsewhere, and/or were persoanlly gifted way beyond the norm. A pared down system in a pared down brain will pare itself into absurdity.

Cheers My Friend,

Steve.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 5:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrfu_Eric
    I can vouch for that John. Thanks for your assistance in showing me what a troll Rockwell is. Finally some admittal from one of his "buds" about the "coming to the rescue" events that he seems to be quite talented in. Only if his skill would be on the same level as his deceptions.

He needs a god damn life and something more constructive to do with his time rather than trying to bash someones name and credentials with bullshit sneakyness.

If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ... something is wrong with that lineage.

Eric
    Thanks, Eric, Rockwell has been trolling me for a long time. In looking at it ... as far back as Kung Fu Online under various avatars. There's something very wrong with him as a person and as a MA.

He reminds me of someone who is drowning yet insists on grabbing yet more anchors with the delusional belief that somehow that will save him. Just weird, and his Emails are really bizzare.

Rockwell has even Emailed me things that he altered to look as if they came "from" me. That would be me Emailing me ... to tell me that I'm a fat, old, wasted, fraud ... wtf ... too strange for me.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 5:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Richards
    A pared down system in a pared down brain will pare itself into absurdity.
    Right on point, Steve. Thankfully, these strange folks are effectively fire walled and won't be spreading the disease of absurdity. Far too much of that crap in TCMA as is without their adding to the trash pile.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2005 7:37am

Style: Iron Ox Spm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ref cummins video

Hi John , Steve.

I have to keep sneaking a look at the video now and then as it brightens my day. I realy thought that jokers like these died out in the 70's kung fu era. Where we saw Karate change overnight to kung fu with added tiger claws.

This is a bad day if we let such people go on claiming what they do is real kung fu.
    if any of the persons in the video would like to discuss their spm with me i would be only too willing to help them on the path of truth.

19 years Spm 12 years Wing Chun and Pro boxing Fights. Jay your level should have been Higher , Your performance is more like 9 hours training than 19 years.

This is an insult to SPM and Chinese Kung Fu.

sean

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2005 8:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diligentmantis

19 years Spm 12 years Wing Chun and Pro boxing Fights. Jay your level should have been Higher , Your performance is more like 9 hours training than 19 years.

This is an insult to SPM and Chinese Kung Fu.

sean
    Hello Sean,

Near 20 years of training in any branch of SPM should transfer across - despite any differences - that amount of training should produce very clean motion, structure and transition. You'd have to conclude that after that amount of time, if that was still the standard, then best go do something else.... Either that or the claim made about 19 years in SPM is yet another lie.

If someone with that amount of claimed time-in, in another SPM branch, then started afresh in Iron Ox, hed no doubt get a lot of things wrong for a while, but, basics such as alignment, balance, footwork, posture, waist motion, not being a wide-open heavy plodder with stiff shoulders etc etc should all have been sorted many years previously.

His claimed 12 years (later found out to be more like 3 to 4) in Wing-Chun would have given him the structural and alignment basics he needed. Same with pro-boxing, hard to believe that anyone would ever get through 16 pro-fights with those very elementary faults.

His most recent SPM instructor used to like modified boxing training - althoug he never competed.

Its hard to figure where those faults come from except insofar as the shapes and general 'energy' in his performance does indeed faithfully replicate how his recent instructor was doing things, before he dropped out of SPM, around 20 years ago, resurfacing back in late 2003.

Cheers,

Steve.