Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114 115116117118 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 9:14pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The explaination of the shortening of the rotational arcs exaggerated in the sets of most martial arts is one of the most relevant parts of this thread. Practice through the longer arc seen in most sets helps the execution of a segment of that longer arc with power in an application. The fact that the SPM sets we've seen doesn't show the "whole" of the arcs is, in the limited understanding I've gathered, part of why SPM is an addition or refinement for a base art, rather than a "complete" art in itself.

While a longer arc is usually practiced, only a tiny segment of that arc will be applied. This shows up even in my Taekwondo training. All but the last instant of the techniques are an exaggeration; maybe even a waste of motion. It's the explosive "pop" at the end that counts, which is why a skilled practicioner can strike with power without a significant windup, and from a very short distance.

Of course, this is just how I've come to understand it. I'm not a SPM practitioner. I've worked with a few highly-skilled CMA teachers, and the applied shortening of the power from the sets was obvious in their applications, so I assume the same thing is going on here. In assuming, I may well just be making an ass out of...well, myself.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 9:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So...is JFS gonna fight these dudes or what?

If this runs to 100 pages I'm bagging the 100'th page.

Again.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 9:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by geordiesteve
    sorry jack.... your boyfriends don't seem to have found me... unless they dont know how to use a doorbell...
    Be sure to refer to them as my boyfriends when they catch up with you ... I'm certain you will have a most interesting experience shortly thereafter :crybaby2:

Who was your CLF Sifu, kwanita? That fukwit avatar sent to try to redeem your present situation bombed miserably. :icon_salu

So ... how goes "bringing down the house" you goofy looking shitrat? You struck out here ... :5eek:

Where's that so called Sifu of yours ... you know ... Eddie? :new_sleep

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeisha
    The explaination of the shortening of the rotational arcs exaggerated in the sets of most martial arts is one of the most relevant parts of this thread. Practice through the longer arc seen in most sets helps the execution of a segment of that longer arc with power in an application. The fact that the SPM sets we've seen doesn't show the "whole" of the arcs is, in the limited understanding I've gathered, part of why SPM is an addition or refinement for a base art, rather than a "complete" art in itself.

While a longer arc is usually practiced, only a tiny segment of that arc will be applied. This shows up even in my Taekwondo training. All but the last instant of the techniques are an exaggeration; maybe even a waste of motion. It's the explosive "pop" at the end that counts, which is why a skilled practicioner can strike with power without a significant windup, and from a very short distance.

Of course, this is just how I've come to understand it. I'm not a SPM practitioner. I've worked with a few highly-skilled CMA teachers, and the applied shortening of the power from the sets was obvious in their applications, so I assume the same thing is going on here. In assuming, I may well just be making an ass out of...well, myself.
    Very good in both analysis and application.

If someone would want to take their current striking method and convert it to a "short power" platform there is a step wise fashion way of doing so. It takes about 16 weeks and works into their normal routine so long as said routine includes a fair amount of working in a non-cooperative environment.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 9:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsufubu
    So...is JFS gonna fight these dudes or what?
    kwan, jay john rockwell cummins, & eddie all had their chance at starring down in the big show last summer. I gave them ample notice, weeks, that I was coming to their side of the pond to give a Seminar in Bradford.

kwanita and cumstain had posted for a long time about how tough they were ... posted "... we will meet you any where ..." even sent me Emails stating they would "kick my fat, bald headed old as ..."

That's when they all thought I was safely 3500 miles away and then I dropped the bomb about Bradford on them. kwanker and cumwad tried a number of face saving tactics and they all failed. In the end, kwanita and his most fave butt buddy jay cummins rockwell hid in Newcastle the entire 4 days I was in England. That was after jay john cummins rockwell posted that he had Family members that were Police in Newcastle.

john jay rockwell cummins and geordiesteve kwanita are cowards, liars and complete shitrats.

If this runs to 100 pages I'm bagging the 100'th page. Again.
    You're the Man!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 9:45pm

Style: SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Be sure to refer to them as my boyfriends when they catch up with you ... I'm certain you will have a most interesting experience shortly thereafter :crybaby2:

Who was your CLF Sifu, kwanita? That fukwit avatar sent to try to redeem your present situation bombed miserably. :icon_salu

So ... how goes "bringing down the house" you goofy looking shitrat? You struck out here ... :5eek:

Where's that so called Sifu of yours ... you know ... Eddie? :new_sleep
    hey jfs....

are these your hung muen brothers who you threatened us 2 years ago on the SPM forum??? the same ones that were suppose to do us in....

are they paddling over the atlantic or summit? cos they arent here yet....

if you've got my address how come you don't come here to my front door yourself???? you need a group of people to beat me in.... LOSER! true TCMA master you are... NOT!

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 9:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by geordiesteve
    hey jfs.... are these your hung muen brothers who you threatened us 2 years ago on the SPM forum??? the same ones that were suppose to do us in....
    Guess you will just have to answer your door and see ... won't you? :violent1:

if you've got my address how come you don't come here to my front door yourself????
    YOU Bottled It ... publicly backed down this past Summer ... drinking and drugging a lot are you? :XXpuke:

you need a group of people to beat me in.... LOSER! true TCMA master you are... NOT!
    See above ... KNOBJOCKEY. :thefinger

Who was your CLF Sifu ... let's check it out and see what the numbers turn up.
    Where's that Wanker you call your Sifu these day ... you know ... Eddie :sleepy2:

Whussup shitrat ... you came and derailed and failed to come through on your promise of bringing down the house ... another failure kwanita ... *tsk* *tsk* :owneddanc

"Santa is dead kid, welcome to the suck"

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Dude, get with the fucking program ... cool? ANY thread I touch or Grace goes major huge ... all due to my refined sense of people skills, calm demeanor, charming wit, and gentle dispositon ... no doubt.

As for summarizing ... EAT **** you goddamned fuktard :jerkit2yf ... it's been done at least once all ready so bag being such a lazy assed shitbag :spanky:

And as you go through this day please remember ... Smile ... God Loves You ... everyone else thinks you're an asshole. :XXbuzzsaw
    What possessed you to think that you were capable of being entertaining? If that post was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punch line. But I'm guessing you were attempting to be funny, in which case....TeeHee!
    I have niether the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manor of which I provide it.
    -A few good men

As the internet turns - omega

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 8:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe247
    What possessed you to think that you were capable of being entertaining? If that post was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punch line. But I'm guessing you were attempting to be funny, in which case....TeeHee!
    Learn to read in order to read to learn. :XXsmoker:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 9:04am

Style: CHOI LEE FUT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only reason I found this thread is because of you JFS, you have been puting links to it all over the web on different forums. I rarely come to this forum, I prefer to visit Martial Arts Planet Forum which I have been a member of, for a few years. Anyone here can check my posts there. So yes I maybe as you call it a noob here, but not there.
    You started this thread for the whole Martial arts community not just SPM practioners, so I am entitled to post, the same as anyone else.

As for me going across the road and asking Jay's WC sifu to come and post, why the hell should I. We are different schools and different styles. My sifu would not like it if I was keep going over there. After all my school has been at its current location for the last 4 years, while the WC school has only been across the road for the last year. So there is a little bit of competition for students there. I have only been across the road once to the Jay's and GS and the WC club, to see GS and thats when I heard Jay's WC sifu say Jay had been his student for 12 years.

As for my school, its located in the Chinese Association in Stowell street. My Sifu has been teaching in Newcastle for almost 30 years. His name is Sifu Ng Ho Tak and he is very well known and respected in Chinese communitys all over the UK and Abroad.

Anybody can come to our CLF club and find me teaching in the beginners classes on Monday and Wednesday and occasionally taking the senior classes on the same days.

JFS why all the hostility. You are like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. On MAP you are like Dr Jekyll, treating everyone with respect, while here on Bullshido you are Mr Hyde, a totally different character.

I have answered your questions, how about answering some for me. I have been looking at all your posts and I have some questions for you.

1. You claim to be a Sifu of Chu Gar Mantis, who is your Sifu and where do you teach?

2. You claim you have fought Lung Ying and Pak Mei exponents and beating them, where is your proof?

3. If you are a teacher of LYS Pai, how long did you study in the UK for, you must have lived in Liverpool for a good number of years to become a Sifu.

So come on answer this NOOBs questions, he gave you the courtesy to answer yours.

Peace
    Last edited by PantherFist; 11/18/2005 9:08am at .