1. #1021

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,890
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having seen a few clips I must say that it nice to fianlly see some powerful demos.

    Very few people can impress me with forms, very few, but the clips they have are very well done.
    That is an excellent link for anyone wishing to see good CMA, period.

  2. #1022

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Keep going North until I say stop
    Posts
    2,109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I'll admit I'm clueless...

    I have questions about some of the forms I've seen in the video clips, but the one question I have is the site's commentary on Dim Mak. They seem to believe that Dim Mak is an essential part of their style. No comments of 'Death Touch', but still...

    I thought Dim Mak was a load of bullshido.

    Any thoughts???

  3. #1023

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,890
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    Okay, I'll admit I'm clueless...

    I have questions about some of the forms I've seen in the video clips, but the one question I have is the site's commentary on Dim Mak. They seem to believe that Dim Mak is an essential part of their style. No comments of 'Death Touch', but still...

    I thought Dim Mak was a load of bullshido.

    Any thoughts???
    You Realise that YOU have Dim MAk in Wado Kai, its called Kyusho.

  4. #1024

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland Area
    Posts
    3,837
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    You Realise that YOU have Dim MAk in Wado Kai, its called Kyusho.
    Nope he never realized that ... until now.

    Some SPM lines swear by Dim Mak and others swear at it. I've never paid it any mind as to me the whole of the Human Form is potential target ... hit hard ... hit often.

  5. #1025

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Keep going North until I say stop
    Posts
    2,109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyusho is something we work with, but not depended on. For example, I'd much rather cave in a ribcage then try and find the 3rd meridian chi point that will cause excessive flatulence. If I can hit it just right and cause you to fart all over the place, then so much the better, but the broken ribs are the point of the exercise.

    Honestly, although we discuss it, Kyusho is not considered a critical part of the style. I thought most styles were this way.

    I didn't realize it was a big deal in SPM. And, although I'm showing my ignorance here, I had no idea what the form clips I looked at were trying to show. You say it's good kung fu, I'll believe you.

    But I sure as hell didn't get it. What I saw were a bunch of odd arm movements, and zero hip rotation. I'm sure it all has a point, but I'm too ignorant to see it. To me, it looked like any number of WC forms videos I've seen.

  6. #1026

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,890
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Nope he never realized that ... until now.

    Some SPM lines swear by Dim Mak and others swear at it. I've never paid it any mind as to me the whole of the Human Form is potential target ... hit hard ... hit often.

    What do you think of Paul Whitrod?

  7. #1027

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    361
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw a lot of grabs and grips and not so much punching in the forms I've watched so far. The punches were definitely better than WC punches.

  8. #1028

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,890
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    Kyusho is something we work with, but not depended on. For example, I'd much rather cave in a ribcage then try and find the 3rd meridian chi point that will cause excessive flatulence. If I can hit it just right and cause you to fart all over the place, then so much the better, but the broken ribs are the point of the exercise.

    Honestly, although we discuss it, Kyusho is not considered a critical part of the style. I thought most styles were this way.

    I didn't realize it was a big deal in SPM. And, although I'm showing my ignorance here, I had no idea what the form clips I looked at were trying to show. You say it's good kung fu, I'll believe you.

    But I sure as hell didn't get it. What I saw were a bunch of odd arm movements, and zero hip rotation. I'm sure it all has a point, but I'm too ignorant to see it. To me, it looked like any number of WC forms videos I've seen.
    I will defer to John...

  9. #1029
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    What do you think of Paul Whitrod?
    I've heard good things about him.

    http://www.paulwhitrod.com/

    He also teaches Krabi Krabong and Kalaripriyat (southern indian martial art).

  10. #1030
    Mr. Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    under the sink
    Posts
    6,331
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do we have to register to see the clips? or am I :tard:
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO