Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/14/2003 2:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A gunman with an AK-47 automatic rifle shot and killed a student and wounded three others Monday at a New Orleans high school, police said. Four suspects were arrested after a sweep of the surrounding neighborhood.

Monday, April 14, 2003 Posted: 3:39 PM EDT (1939 GMT)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/04/14/schoolshooting.ap/index.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2003 6:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems like common sense, but someone always thinks that nobody will mess with them or some stupid crap .. always be ready, don't rely on one thing.
    My days of playing Counterstrike have made it impossible for me to not be situationally aware. ;-)

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/15/2003 5:22pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not disputing the Atlanta story but nationally the use of any "assault rifle" in a crime involving guns is pretty rare. Something like less then 1% of all crime. The Atlanta police must be fast asleep not to catch these guys, or they are literally taking the weapon out of the car right before use.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 11:08am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any new posters have anything to add?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 11:26am

Style: Wado

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mugged once. Late at night, trying to catch a train. Guy comes at me with a knife, I was a little drunk. He ask for my wallet, I say NO. He lunges at my head with the knife, I was a little slow blocking and he got my lower lip some. With one elbow, I took out his nose, collar bone and elbow. Man, that bone breaking sound can be satisfying.

X

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was mugged about 3 years ago. I was fucking drunk, walking down a street... & It's a bit hazy after that, but what I THINK happened was:

1. Some thug quickly came around a corner & hit me in the head with a bottle. This didn't KO me, but I had some scars on my forehead & nose for it for a while.

2. I asked: "WTF are you hitting me for?" [I had NO money, having just drunk it all at a bar & I haven't heard of anyone getting mugged here, so I thought it was some guy pissed off at me for some reason"]

3. He said: "Give me money."

4. I said: "I don't have any money".

5. The guy punched me, breaking my nose and knocking me out momentarily. He got some credit cards & other crap he couldn't use for anything (I cancelled the cards ASAP of course) & tried to steal my cheapass necklace too, but it was apparently left behind since it was given back to me later.

6. Some guy & his girlfriend saw me lying in a pool of blood & called an ambulance. I had to spend a week in a hospital while they fixed my nose.

...I'm not the MA master most people here (think they) are & I'm short & I was really wasted at the time (because of a certain damn woman...).

The robber was a retard: he got ZERO's worth of valuables. The necklace would maybe have cost, like $20 new I think, and he didn't even get that.

My watch would have been worth about $80 at the time, I think... but I hope enjoyed those useless cards for all their worth...

& Oh yeah, the shitty cops of course never caught the guy.

The End.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 4:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not surprise about the cops doing nothing. They hardly do anything more often than not. If you get mugged the chances of the cops looking for the guy is almost nil. I guess they spend more time at the donut shop.
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 5:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was with my kungfu bro in Spain with some other friends (one of which participated in China's King of Sanda" where we got some trouble from some louts who demanded that we give them money (we think, we don't speak Spanish much). Anyway, our Sanda friend takes no crap and decided to give them a beating because we didn't see they had any weapons, there were just a few of them.

We all jumped in (apart from my bro) and came out mostly ok, I had a ripped shirt and the Sanda guy lost his glasses. Have no idea what moves I did, it ended so quickly.

Nu-Metal Head

Posted On:
    12/02/2003 5:56pm

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol they dunken donut's in my area is called the police station. I don't think I've gone by there and not seen a cop car in the parking lot.

I was nearly mugged once coming back from CVS earlier this year. Some mexican punk about 17 jumped out and demanded my 2 litter of Moutain Dew and second all my money. I looked at him for a moment and shook my head as I walked off. Heh wasn't to worried cause I was 10 steps away from the "police station".
    "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567