Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    4/05/2003 11:53pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone here ever been mugged? If so, did the mugger use any bait, stragery, lure, etc...? If so what? Here are what I have heard from some of people I know.

1. A very good friend of mine was carrying a luggage to bus. A man walk up to him and ask him if he need a taxi lift. So my friend say sure and the man bring his stuff into dark alley and before my friend could stop him, the man pull a gun out. So he demand for the wallet, my friend was clever. He told the man he don't have the wallet with him because he left it at dorm but he have 40 dollars and hand it to the man. So the man take it and run away.

2. My former roommate told me this story. Two guys was walking to the dorm from a house party. However they wandered into dark part of the street, a car pull by walk side about 50 yards away and drop off two muggerss. The driver drive pass two guys while two muggers walk toward the two guys. As the car turn and drive to side of two guys, two of muggers meet those two guys and pull out a gun. So two guys can't run to side because of the car and if they try to turn to run away, they would be shoot. So they end up give their wallets then two muggers got in car and drove away.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 12:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've never had anything pulled on me ;)

Movie Quote: http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=603&view=1 - Full Metal Jacket
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 12:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a penis pulled on me once. Or did I pull a penis that was on me? Or did my penis pull me?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the sounds of it the streets around your college dorms are extremely dangerous!

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 1:06am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is, it in heart of Washington DC. And Wash DC is known to have one of the highest crime record in either murder or robbery. It was on Florida Ave and 7th street. All neightbors was torn up, flithy, and run down. It was about 2 miles northeast from the Union Station and about 4 miles from the Congress Hall which is two miles south of Union Station.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twice. (actually really once since the first time was rather ridiculous)

First time was drunk in Ybor City in Tampa. These guys weren't to smart. There was three of us and three of them. They came up demanding money we were like, '**** Off' one pulled a knife. We laughed, remember we were intoxicated. Then we argued amongst ourself who was going to kick there ass first. Finally said, '**** it lets rush em.' and the pussie ran away.

Second time talked about before. Me beating up two minors (17) who tried to rob me coming from work. The had a knife as well can cut me but I broke the guys wrist and cracked the ribs of the other. Called the police waited gave my report. Then get a call saying I was going to be arrested for beating up on a minor. They apparently told their moms I jumped them.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  7. DRD

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 2:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By a career criminal on the North side of Houston right off the interstate across the street from a large mall, which I can't remember the name of.

It was a all suite hotel back in the early 80s when they were all competing by putting recliners and such in the rooms trying to attract the business traveler. I do remember the hotel was just a few businesses up from a very popular gentlemens club. Seems like the name had something to do with million dollar something.

Someone from Houston may recognize the area.

This guy had been mugging people at night as they went to their rooms. There were notices in the lobby's of many hotels to not go to your room alone.

He attacked from beside a Dr Pepper machine as I rounded the corner at the top of the stairs, and put a deep uppercut into my lower right side, which happened to have cracked ribs from a softball collison the prior weekend.

If the railing had not been there I may well have gone down, but my arm went over the top of the railing and under my armpit to hold me up.

I reacted from training purely because the pain was white hot. My wife just reminded me that she thinks it was a La quinta hotel, outside room entrances.

I defended myself and the police picked the guy up after he was treated, and they asked if I would come back to testify so he would not get away. Turned out he had what in Texas Law Enforcement is know as a blue hold warrant, which is a dept of corrections hold.

That meant that bail could not be posted. I did not even have to go back because they violated him and he was looking at the three strikes mandatory life, but because he helped by turning over on some higher up the chain drug runner's, they negotiated a 15 year no parole sentence.

It just meant he had to serve the 15 years as actual years without good time credit's and all the other things that can turn a long sentence into a fraction of the original imposed.

DRD

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 5:27am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I one time saw a mugging.

It was england and i was talking the underguard train system around.

Wal traveling with my parents i notice a 3 men laughing as they sat down next to a younger guy.

They started singing as one had a knife to the other guys throat. The younger guy handed over the money as the trained stoped about 4 people started yelling at the 3 men which walked off the train as the police where being called. they didnt even care they just said **** off and gave everyone the fingure as they walked really really slowly away. I mean they took there time.... It turns out this guy gets mugged daily by these guys and the police got to the train 1 hour later! No wounder the 3 muggers walked away using baby steps.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 5:36am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never been mugged. I remember one time at the ATM in Alameda, Ca a guy walked up to me as I was getting cash throwing an orange up and down. He asked me the time, I looked at him like I wanted to kill him and said no.

My ex wife was like, that was funny, you told him that with that big watch on your wrist. I had a Diving Tag Heuer at the time.

It really is in the attitude, a criminal is like a predator, it will attack the weakest.

okay, some crackheads don't care, but if you don't put yourself in situations or areas that will get you into trouble, you won't. Sometimes you can't, and that's where training takes over.

==================
    A man without a plan, is not a man...

Nietsche
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    4/06/2003 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a funny question for me. I've never been mugged, but I am certain that I've avoided more than a few. Here are my weirdest and most dangerous and most obvious encounters:

1. When I was eighteen I took about a year off from school and I was living in an apartment in a not-so-nice part of town. I worked nearby and always walked home. One night around 11:00, I rounded the corner off the main street onto a smaller street that ran behind my apartment complex. Up ahead, I saw a guy run across the street ahead of me and disappear as though he were fleeing something. Then a minute or two later, a young man came trotting out with his hand behind his back. I didn't want to be confused with whoever had run, so I just kept walking straight for him. As I passed he asked, "Hey, where do you live?" I said, "Oh up that way." And waved my hand vaguely, but I never stopped walking. He asked again and I said, "Right up there." He definitely had a gun. I just turned and kept walking. It worked. Lesson learned: don't take shortcuts at night that take you away from the traffic and the light, no matter how close you are to home. Duh.

2. A few months ago some guy was chasing me in his car and waving a shotgun at me. He had almost run into me in a parking lot because he hadn't been paying attention, and he'd decided it was my fault. I drove at a normal speed, but evasively, and then stopped at a light in a manner that left me free, but wedged him in between many other cars. He was pointing at me and holding up the shotgun, so I pointed back and held up my cell phone. I called the police and read the guy's license plate number to them. He calmed down real quick, and when the light changed, he took off. Sad thing is, dispatch was an idiot and kept interrupting me while I read the number, they ended up screwing it up, and he was gone before I could get it. I tried to find him, to no avail. Lesson learned: Stay with the times. He should have known I'd have that phone. Also, use other vehicles to your advantage.

3. One night in Uijeong-Bu, Korea I was making my way back to base a couple hours after midnight when a black man, slightly smaller than me, started following me, demanding my military ID and demanding that I go with him right away. So I said, "Why don't YOU show me YOUR ID?". He got really angry at that and said he didn't need to show it because he was CID (Criminal Investigative Division); and he also claimed to speak fluent Korean (this I suppose was meant to bolster his credibility) and that I was under arrest and had to come with him immediately. In Korean I said something like, "Oh that's fascinating. A pathetic little bastard like you speaks Korean? Imagine that!" And then I said that I was going bakc to base, and that he could follow me all the way back to the MP station, and that I'd give him ID there and he could take me into custody there. All this time I just kept walking and he was running along at my side. Then he said something like, "Fucking whiteboy! I'll kill you honky!" I noticed too that one hand kept sneaking into his loosely-fitting jacket. When he said that I said, "Sure, now I really believe you." He'd followed me down to a major intersection that I knew always had police around, so I stopped and called out to them. They came out and started heading in my direction and he took off running. Lesson learned: people who are trying to con you with some sort of official pose are actually putting themselves into a funny straitjacket. If you have the slightest suspicion, offer to turn yourself in to the nearest uniform or police station, ask for his ID etc. Thing is, someone who would attempt to run a con like this rather than be more brutal and obvious, prefers to avoid violence for whatever reason. Unravel the con, don't confront him physically, because he will undoubtedly be carrying some sort of holdout.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Edited by - The Wastrel on April 06 2003 09:22:40
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast