Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 12:41pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter H.
    Gimme a week, I can have my entire kids class promoted to blackbelt, plus the parent that has the four year old, will be 7. I will be the new master record holder for kddie black belts. My Kung Fu will be superior! I will be the koolest!

When I have kids, Im going to promote my first born to black belt the moment his waist escapes the grasp of my wife's vagina so that no one will ever be able to break that record again.

"black belt in 10 seconds- did you see his hip positioning?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 12:48pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    When I have kids, Im going to promote my first born to black belt the moment his waist escapes the grasp of my wife's vagina so that no one will ever be able to break that record again.

"black belt in 10 seconds- did you see his hip positioning?"
    Aw, you should show her that, she'll be really touched :p

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 12:50pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiangfei
    Aw, you should show her that, she'll be really touched :p

I meant my assumed wife at the time- I dont have one yet....

Old School DM

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the best part about being a black belt at age five is that now you can multi-class and be a 20/20th level Black Belt/Magic User by the time you're 18. Sweet.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 1:28pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    Well, the best part about being a black belt at age five is that now you can multi-class and be a 20/20th level Black Belt/Magic User by the time you're 18. Sweet.
    Aw c'mon, all the ninja masters do that...stop being so cookie cutter...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 1:31pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you seen their black belt test?

Quote Originally Posted by Koo Self Defense
    Master Koo has developed a unique objective test system that requires a strict set of criteria in order for the student to achieve the rank of Black Belt. There are three parts to the test.

1. Endurance/Stamina mobility drills performed on focus mitts and shields with maximum power for about 30 minutes non stops.

2. Breaking Techniques: a) 52 Separate Breaking techniques b) Awesome Power Breaking techniques.

a) The 52 separate breaking requirements utilize both hands and feet (leading and rear leg required). The number of boards for each break varies according to whether the candidate is a child (calibrated according to their age), adult male or female up to a maximum of 3 boards per break.

b) For the awesome power break, Children as young as 5 years of age have to perform a full board. Adult female, a minimum of 2.5 to 3 full boards and adult male - 4 boards.

The boards used for the test are brand new re-breakable plastic to maintain consistency for each test. Each full board takes about 70 lbs. of pressure to break. These boards are harder to break than wood!

In order for any candidate to pass our Black Belt test, a minimum percentage must be achieved with no exceptions.

For Children: a) 70% of the 52 separate breaks must be on first attempts, with no misses scoring 100% and b) for the 'awesome power' breaks 1 full board for age 5, increasing with age and size, for their best hand or foot scoring 5% and if they perform with their weaker hand or foot will score 10%, totaling a maximum of 115%.

For Adults: Male and Female a) 80% of the separate breaking must be on first attempts with no misses scoring 100% and b) for the awesome power break, a compulsory best hand or foot scoring 5%; Women's minimum 2.5 boards to 3 boards and Men - 4 boards and if they perform with their weaker hand or foot, they will sore 10%, totaling a maximum of 115%. The maximum number of boards to be broken by an adult male will be 86.

KSD's black belt test is the hardest and toughest test in the world! Just imagine going on a shooting range and have to shoot 52 separate targets. A shooting target is made up of different circles narrowing to the 'bull's eye'. It's simple enough just to hit the target but can you hit the 'bull's eye' with at least 42 'bull's eye' out of 52, after you have been physically worn down by some of the harshest KSD drills. The 4 boards 'awesome power' test is the toughest of them all!
    (emphasis mine)

source: http://ksdi.net/bbtest.htm

In case you don't want to read that whole thing: all they do is 30 min of focus mitt drills and a whole bunch of breaking. Now I think breaking is worthwhile as a means to an end, but it is DEFINITELY NOT what getting your black belt is all about.

WTF? http://zsambokiksd.tripod.com/james1.mpg

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 1:37pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, so I can actually walk in there and get a blackbelt on the first day fi that's their requirment. Iwonder if that'll be a new record (until Gumby's kid is born, at least).
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 12:36pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter H.
    Wow, so I can actually walk in there and get a blackbelt on the first day fi that's their requirment. Iwonder if that'll be a new record (until Gumby's kid is born, at least).
    Nah, it might take a day to learn their focus mitt drills. So shoot for Day Two. :lol:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 1:35pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember I read an article about this style about ten years ago in some magazine. The article was really just an ad, with the main point, "Our students can break multiple boards from Day 1." There was a man demonstrating a focus pad routine consisting of:

right front kick - left front kick - right front kick - jab - cross - upward elbow - forward head butt - sideways head butt - cross elbow

I sat there thinking, "If you're marketing your martial art for self defense, why would your main point be about board breaking?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 4:21pm

Style: Jee do kwan kang soo do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

oh boy!

Hi, I happen to live in the same town as this idiot. "Master" Koo is a korean who was linked up with the local TKD foolishness called Choi Kwang Do. Well, he had a falling out with them and started his own thing. What's weird is that he doesn't claim TKD. just plain Koo self defense. All they do is exercise, you know push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, etc... Then for test they Break plastic re-breakable boards to demonstrate their awesome power. the class is filled with rejects from all the areas more traditional schools of martial arts and "master Koo" sells them black belts when they've paid enough. anyway I guess it's better than the other "karate" class we have here. Cade Lee Karate. (see my post with his link).
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast