Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hooked on Monkey Phonics

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've seen a couple of the lifting threads people post about watching out for overtraining, what is over training. i understand that it means you've pushed your self to hard but is it something you can feel while your working out or do you feel it in the next couple of days. are there signs you can watch out for while lifting or do you have to know your body so you can stop right before over training

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 1:57pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnaeS
    i've seen a couple of the lifting threads people post about watching out for overtraining, what is over training. i understand that it means you've pushed your self to hard but is it something you can feel while your working out or do you feel it in the next couple of days. are there signs you can watch out for while lifting or do you have to know your body so you can stop right before over training

The symptoms of overtraining can occur both while training and before/after training. Some symptoms include, feelings of fatigue, loss of strength(both overall and specific), increased waking/resting pulse rate or a hug spike in pulse rate when you start exercising.

More serious symptoms include weightloss(muscle mass) and depression with its corresponding symptoms (which include but are not limited to anxiety, loss of appetite, insomnia, etc) and injuries.

Basically, if you don't give your body enough time to rest + heal itself, your body will shut itself down to a certain level in order to do so and if you ignore that, you'll pay for it.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2005 11:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Gnujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train 5 days a week but it's not a very intense workout. It leaves me with plenty of energy for training
    Legendary Street Fighter

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2005 2:45pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Girl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It'll be a balancing act to avoid overtraining. It's much more difficult to make good gains in lifting while participating in a sport, especially one where there is no off season like boxing, grappling, or other combat sports. HIT works really well and has worked well for many pro and college teams and athletes through the Olympic level. I've found that it must be adjusted slightly while doing rigorous training, such as lowering volume and/or not working quite as intensely, perhaps stopping a set a rep or two shy of complete failure. Of course this will depend on the person.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234