Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2005 10:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Akira, take your elitism somewhere else, and drink your milk. Go get your opinions spoon fed to you by T-nation.

Taking crappy vitamins is NO replacement for REAL food. 32 oz of 2% milk (1/4 gallon) has about 520 calories and is high in casein protein. There is nothing simpler than drinking some milk to increase your daily calories.

32 oz a day is drinking 8 oz of milk with 4 meals. That is very little, yet you increase daily calories by 520, which is composed of high quality protein. Research shows that the protein in milk is even higher quality than the "protein powder" you buy at GNC.

There is a time and place for supplements such as protein powders and vitamins, but they are NO replacement for natural protein, fat, and carbohydrates. They're called supplements for a reason.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    10/16/2005 5:12am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have much to learn...

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    10/16/2005 5:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    Your balls have wooden shielding? :XXbuzzsaw
    I think he just said that fiber gives him wood.

:new_smili
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    10/16/2005 5:50am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by srichards
    Is 2 litres of milk a day bad for you?
    Kinda sorta ... yes. Unless you are scandanavian, in which case, probably no.

It would mean your getting around 400% of your RDI of calcium, but calcium's easily soluble and just gets pissed out when you've got enough.
    You can get all the calcium you need just by eating your veggies. Calcium absorbtion is tricky. It's a mineral. That's a fancy word for a rock. Do you think if you just ate a chunk of calcium it would make it into your bones? Better off eating your leafy greens.

Is there any thing else that could be hazardous in drinking 2Litres of milk a day?
    Lots of farting.

Could kidney stones be a possibility if not enough water is drunk?
    I have no idea.

Last note, although it is a kind of shitty replacement for dumping a shitload of chocolate flavoured whey protein into a blender with a banana and some fresh berries...it is WAY cheaper. It is kind of a poor mans protein drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Letum
    Does it count of its accidental milk sex? or Sex with a dairy product involved during foreplay?
    You mean like if your girl is lactating..... :binkybaby
    Last edited by Omar; 10/16/2005 5:54am at .

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2005 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    Thanks, but you made more claims than just acne. You also stated it like it was conclusive. That study was no such thing.
    I stated things conclusively because, in my mind they are..I am not going to go try and dig up some article from the Journal of Health to back up my opinions..
    I figure it is like this...
    Milk is for cows, not humans. The only time humans really NEED milk is when they are first born, that is why mommmy has breasts.
    The dairy farmers pump cows full of steroids and other hormones so they will produce as much milk as possible. Not good.Not good for the cows, and in all likelihood, not good for us either.
    As for the acne thing, I know because I suffered through it . I did not have a bad acne problem, but a doctor advised me when I asked him about it to cut back on dairy products. It worked, plain and simple. It also worked for a friend of mine as well.

A little dairy now and then, O.K. , hell, cheese is one of my favorite foods. I just
    don't think it should be overdone.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    10/16/2005 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figure it is like this...
    Milk is for cows, not humans. The only time humans really NEED milk is when they are first born, that is why mommmy has breasts.
    -I think this is an oversimplification. No food is a must have. But humans have been drinking milk for thousands of years. The birth of civilization happened when humans started using animals as livestock. Circumstantial evidence for sure but it does fit.

The dairy farmers pump cows full of steroids and other hormones
    -Not the milk I drink. Milk from grass fed cows tastes much better and has a better fat profile. Feeding cows soybeans should be illegal.

As for the acne thing, I know because I suffered through it . I did not have a bad acne problem, but a doctor advised me when I asked him about it to cut back on dairy products. It worked, plain and simple. It also worked for a friend of mine as well.
    -I wonder if the fat, protein, vitamins, and minerals work to boost testosterone which leads to acne? Just a thought. How old were you at this time?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2005 5:41pm

Style: Hung Ga Gung Fu + Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are drinking that much I suggest you take a probiotics pill twice a day to help assist in breaking down those milk protiens. It really helps me, I drink about 7 cups of non fat milk a day and dont run into any problems. You can get probiotics at GNC for a good price.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2005 8:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    -I think this is an oversimplification. No food is a must have. But humans have been drinking milk for thousands of years. The birth of civilization happened when humans started using animals as livestock. Circumstantial evidence for sure but it does fit.

-Not the milk I drink. Milk from grass fed cows tastes much better and has a better fat profile. Feeding cows soybeans should be illegal.

-I wonder if the fat, protein, vitamins, and minerals work to boost testosterone which leads to acne? Just a thought. How old were you at this time?
    I think I was around 16-17 at the time.
    No other animal drinks milk past the weaning stage except humans.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 12:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The other thing is that the only people who have been drinking milk as adults for "1000's of years" are those from northern, colder, wintery climates. Coincidentally, the same people who tend to not be lactose intolerant. In other words, in places where there was no growing season and people had to rely on livestock to survive through the loooong winter months, places like most of northern Europe. They ate more meat and drank milk and over the generations adapted. The rest of the world has only been fattening up on cows milk for the past 100 years or so tops. I'd say less than that. It jsut depends how recently they got refridgeration to keep the milk fresh and railways and airplanes to "cross-pollinate" the eating habits of the entire world so that there's no real big difference anymore between what people in one part of the world have available to them compared to somewhere halfway across the globe.

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2005 1:12am

Style: Hung Ga Gung Fu + Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Omar check your PM
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast