225128 Bullies, 4087 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Destroyer of Worlds

Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand (orig from Melb, Aust)

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 2:23am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sprained ankle - okay to BJJ?

I sprained my ankle last week, except that I didn't realise, and just thought it hurt a bit. When I went to the physio last night I decided to ask him why it hasn't stopped hurting and he pointed out that you can't see my ankle bone under the swelling (ie I have a fucking cankle!!!) and it's sprained. I trained on it after I hurt it and it's been getting worse and worse, and tonight it hurts too much to do basic things like get in my fight stance or run, and when I tried doing a figure 8 bandage all the swelling bulged over the sides which is rather attractive.

Anyway I won't got to MT tonight but do you think I'd be okay to go to BJJ? I probably couldn't do the warm up stuff but maybe I'd be okay to learn new moves?

Destroyer of Worlds

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 3:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay nevermind, I have a headache from hades and feel rather nauseous, so will just have a quiet one tonight. If I'm not better for Thursday's class, I'll sook out big time.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 3:53am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd definitely say take a break from BJJ for a little while
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

You secure that **** Hudson!!

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 4:48am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothene
    I sprained my ankle last week, except that I didn't realise, and just thought it hurt a bit. When I went to the physio last night I decided to ask him why it hasn't stopped hurting and he pointed out that you can't see my ankle bone under the swelling (ie I have a fucking cankle!!!) and it's sprained. I trained on it after I hurt it and it's been getting worse and worse, and tonight it hurts too much to do basic things like get in my fight stance or run, and when I tried doing a figure 8 bandage all the swelling bulged over the sides which is rather attractive.

Anyway I won't got to MT tonight but do you think I'd be okay to go to BJJ? I probably couldn't do the warm up stuff but maybe I'd be okay to learn new moves?

Looks like Deja Vu Lothene!

Since i'm in the same boat as you, I think it is best to lay off the training until it gets sorted out. My ankle is much better but still hurts in some positions and my achilles really hurts when I point my foot up. So, ice it up, get it checked out and familiarise yourself with playstation/xbox/book :)

I'm on my 4th week since my injury. I'm going to try a lesson next week.

Destroyer of Worlds

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 5:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, we have backwards injuries, my achilles hurts when I point my foot down - together, we have full range of movement! haha.

At least I have someone else to wallow with in my pity party, stupid bodies!

You secure that **** Hudson!!

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothene
    Wow, we have backwards injuries, my achilles hurts when I point my foot down - together, we have full range of movement! haha.

At least I have someone else to wallow with in my pity party, stupid bodies!
    Haha!

Damn Achilles tendon!! arrrghh

I've hurt mine before but nowhere near as badly as this. Now I know why the toltec indians' (pretty sure it was them) favourite guerrilla tactic was to slice people's achilles tendon so they wouldn't be able to do ****. Then they would come and finish them off later.

Nasty stuff.