Posted On:
    10/11/2005 2:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP
    Aiight, over the summer, here's what I did:
    Day 1: Arms (Main Exercise: Bicep Curls)
    Day 2: Chest (ME: Bench)
    Day 3: Legs & Back (ME: Squats & Deadlifts)
    Day 4: Rest
    Repeat...

I would throw in an hour of running/elliptical whenever I could, usually on the off days. I haven't done any "cardio" for 2 months now, but I've kept up my weight lifting somewhat. I started at a 95 lbs bench, I'm at 150 lbs now. 75 lbs squat, now at 125, and 110 deadlift, now at 130. It hasn't been terribly structured, I know, and I've been riding on my beginner's gains, though I probably won't plateau for a while unless I go hardcore.

Now, should I just do crazy cardio? Tomorrow, I'm planning on running for an hour in the morning, and an hour in the evening. I'm gonna try that for the week. Too much? Or should I do, cardio in the morn, weights at night? Or just cardio?

Diet-wise: I'm vegetarian. I get my protein through peanut butter, milk, soya milk, and soya meat, as well as any normal protein in my regular diet. Although, I don't eat very regularly. Like today, I ate yesterday at like 9pm, woke up today at 1pm, didn't eat until 5pm. At school, I'll try to get in a nice breakfast of fruits and/or yogourt, decent lunch, and dinner's usually not a problem, I just reheat some of my mom's curry.

Problem is, I've heard recommendations of 5 meals a day, not 3. I semi-watch my calories, I used to count, now I just know what to eat, and how much, and it's probably the biggest reason I've lost weight, and continued to. Should I keep doing this, or am I completely retarded, and don't know what I'm doing, and should revamp?

Edit: Crap, yeah, I'm doing this as a hobby. I realize most ppl on this forum are actually competing and what not. No disrespect intended, but some people just can't make that kind of committment. I want Muay Thai to be something that I do, not the one thing that I do.

Also, flexibility: mine's ****. I can't even sit cross-legged on the ground without my quadriceps feeling the burn, and my ankles feeling weight on them. Help?

most people on this forum are NOT doing martial arts for competition. There's about a dozen or so proffessional fighters, a few amateurs, and about a few thousand hobbyists. This is mostly a hobbyist forum.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Destroyer of Worlds

Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand (orig from Melb, Aust)

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 2:51am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't having a go at you by the way. Even though I am training because I want to fight one day, I have only been doing it for a very short time so I'm hardly going to shoot my mouth off like an MA nazi. You'll have a ball learning either way.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 3:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothene
    I wasn't having a go at you by the way. Even though I am training because I want to fight one day, I have only been doing it for a very short time so I'm hardly going to shoot my mouth off like an MA nazi. You'll have a ball learning either way.
    you training to be an MMA fighter?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Destroyer of Worlds

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 3:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is my dream to fight MMA one day, but that is many years away...

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 3:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very cool. It's a rarity to find other women interested in full contact fighting. Maybe some day we'll have to face eachother in the ring =P

Destroyer of Worlds

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 3:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha awesome, I'll bring the cookies.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12