Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 6:52pm

Style: I dont believe in styles

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Real JKD, wellcome to Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do

Real Jeet Kune Do:

As a practicioner of JFJKD and student of MA as a whole and unified artless art I am proud to introduce everybody to the real sphere of JFJKD:

Wellcome to Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do:

Over the years, many people have made claims regarding the proper definition of Bruce Lee's™ art. Some have defined it as a process of "change;" others have labeled it as simply "modified Wing Chun;" others, with the best of intentions have stated that it is simply an eclectic jumble of various styles and arts that hopefully will, at some unspecified point in the future, gestalt into something meaningful for the individual practitioner.

Jeet Kune Do is the complete body of technical (physical and scientific) and philosophical (mental, social, spiritual) knowledge that was studied and taught by Bruce Lee™ during his lifetime. At the Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute™ of Seattle, Jeet Kune Do (with, as its core, the combative principles, physical techniques, training methods, and philosophical ideas synthesized by Bruce Lee™ during his lifetime) is concerned solely and exclusively with Bruce Lee's™ personal evolution and process of self-discovery through martial art as indicated and supported by the written record (Bruce Lee's™ personal papers and library) and oral history (recollections of those who spent time with and/or studied under Bruce Lee™).

The Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute™ of Seattle concerns itself with presenting Bruce Lee's™ ideas and opinions - and not anyone else's interpretation of them - with regard to:

The history and development of his art
    The philosophy that supports and extends from the art
    The training and conditioning methods necessary to realize the physical (and mental/spiritual) aspects of the art
    The scientific principles underlying the foundation of the techniques Bruce Lee™ emphasized and held to be significant
    The life, art and career of Bruce Lee™

A distinction is made between this body of work (i.e., Jeet Kune Do) and an individual student's own personal process of self-discovery through martial art, in that each student is free to utilize all, some or none of Bruce Lee's™ teachings to assist him in this respect.

Jeet Kune Do is not about setting up restrictions or "ways" of doing things. It has no interest in trying to mold or shape you. It accepts you as you are. Jeet Kune Do seeks likewise to be a source of inspiration and delight solely for those who posses an interest in Bruce Lee™ and the martial viewpoint that he created. Jeet Kune Do should be considered the base that Bruce Lee™ established and not the ultimate goal of the individual who studies it. Individuals may, and if fact are expected to, modify, add and delete until they have transcended the need for any "way" or "system" at all - including Jeet Kune Do. But once into this process, what they arrive at should not be called Jeet Kune Do.

Our objective at the Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute of Seattle is simply to remove some of the misconceptions that have arisen over the years concerning what Bruce Lee™ and his art were about, and to show the world a better picture of what is preserved in his legacy. The Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute™ of Seattle is concerned solely with Bruce Lee's™ Jeet Kune Do - as he taught it - and with the preservation and perpetuation of this body of work.

The above article was taken from Andy Kimura's site, soon of Taki Kimura, original student of Bruce Lee and one of the only certified instructors left by Jun Fan (Bruce) Lee prior to his death.

Here is the Website and some other informative links:

http://www.andykimura.com/jkd.htm

http://www.jkdassoc.com/

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6968/JKD.htm

Very recommended:

http://www.hardcorejkd.com/what_is_hjkd.php

"And the art less art will live forever"

Last edited by Firemouth; 10/03/2005 7:18pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 7:02pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds absolutely retarded.

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 7:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Psst - the 'art of fighting without fighting' does NOT mean 'no fighting'.

Another gem for the ages - "Very Impressive, but focus mitts do not hit back!"
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 8:02pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PM me your school, dude, we probably know each other.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 8:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    PM me your school, dude, we probably know each other.
    Hey JKDChick MOD ... being that we're long time Buds and such I was just wondering ... got any of your peeps in Maryland or the Tri-State area willing to show up and rep JKD?

We have gobs of BJJ guys ... a smattering of TKD ... a bit of this and that ... but no JKD. How about helping us out in the diversity department?

Check the Maryland TD Thread "10/30/05 ..." all the information is posted up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 9:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Clear Water

Just to clarify all I am trying to do is point people in the right direction.

My old Sifu told us this was the way to go, directly to the source.

He told me that if I was really interested in JKD I should go to the States and find a way to train under Inosanto or Kimura or the high level certified instructors who are in touch with the real stuff.

Hopefully I will be able to join one of the legitimate JFJKD schools next year.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how Bruce Lee is a trademark. That's fucking hilarious!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 9:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Yeah I know........

Everybody wants to make money of him.

Now you can even run the risk of going to court for not adding the tm....

But oh well what can we do.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula

Its actually pathetic. And firemouth - watch out how you say the "j" word around here - Linda Cadwell and all those fag ass JFJKD instructors trademarked that name. I hate that self serving golddigging bitch and all those punks.

I think that the people who are strict practitioners of JFJKD really are pretty corny. Ive always been a PFS guy and I love and support JKD. But not that prehistoric JKD they still practice. Fighting has evolved so much since Bruce's day and all the old school people are doing the exact opposite of what Bruce would of wanted - they do not evolve.

I still train in the JKD concepts - destructions, interceptions, foreward pressure, trapping (range), grappling, weapons and all that. But I dont train my pak sao to lop sao anymore.

Posted On:
    10/03/2005 10:42pm

Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Jeet Kune Do " was just a phase and a failed experiment in Bruce Lee's life. He NEVER mentioned it after 1970, OR in his interview with Pierre Burton, and BELIEVE ME HE COULD HAVE SHOVED IT IN HIS MOUTH SIDEWAYS WITH HIS PERSONALITY IF HE WANTED TO, but HE DID NOT Lee simply stated that he just fights. He has 2 arms and 2 legs. He simply said I do not believe in any styles whatsoever.

The JKD book was just a collection of his notes at different points in his life published as "Jeet Kune Do" by someone else.

His goal was to fight without thought. Jeet Kune Do was just a style based on interception . Lee says this himself in Longstreet. Jeet Kune Do became what Lee did not want...a style. Lee realized this and shut down his dojos and scraped it, and never mentioned it again.

Lee shows this point when he says to the guy in Enter The Dragon , "Don't think, feel"

Lee's goal was to fight without thought, for it to be as natural as turning on a light in the dark.

He further shows his philosophy in Game of Death , that was the whole point of the movie.

"Jeet Kune Do" = a style based on intercption or the stop hit

using No Way = what Bruce Lee did post 1970 before he died

What Bruce Lee did right before he died was NOT Jeet Kune Do.

It was using the way of No Way, which was his message. This is the TRUTH.

Razwell
    Last edited by Kuala Lumpur 3N; 10/03/2005 10:56pm at .
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast