Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 5:50pm

Style: Hung Kuen, Jook Lum SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two things-Lum Gwai-"Forest Ghosts", Lin Kuai in Manderin, were well known throughout Chinese History, but then again just like Ninjas, anyone who did their covert ops in the night were considered Ninja, or Lum-Gwai by commoners. Leung Ting, through his books , unfortunately has the ability to make anything he touches turn instantly to bullshido.
    There was and still is a "Beggar's Society, or clan" many village styles such as Village Hung Kuen, and some Hakka systems are associated with them. So don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Now, according to Maasaki Hatsumi, Ninja were descended from the Yamabushi-Mountain Warrior Monks...who came to Japan from China (what a surprise)to avoid persecution, and hid out in the mountains of Iga prefecture.
    Ninja were NEVER Samurai-they were from a different caste order, and had an entirely different code of ethics.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was no LIN KUEI. It was made up by a white author using a asian pen name. (Li Hsing was a psuedonym) You will find no reference of LIN KUEI in china that isn't related to Mortal Kombat.

What Tueng was writing about in his books was a mish mash of differnt chinese gyspy like groups.

Hatsumi or any other Japanese MA scholar has NEVER said the Yamabushi came from or were descended form anything Chinese. Yamabushi were simply practioners of an esoteric form of Buddhism that does not exist in China.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:41pm

Style: shaolin temple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well I will say that this thread made me inhale smoke from a nice RFG coronas extra...

what a rich vein.

tell me that scene in shogun where all the ninja attack didn't get you shelling out 2.50 for a set of aluminum claws from the back of some rag magazine, lol...

a few weeks ago in jamdung they were running those first ninja flicks with sho kosugi. fucking classics. now that got me wondering who the bra burner was in that flick.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 8:03pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    Ninja were NEVER Samurai-they were from a different caste order, and had an entirely different code of ethics.
    I have a Samurai book that claims that Samurai would dress in the black PJ's when doing dirty tricks and such which was outside their caste roles. Also, you where isolated by neighborhood so to travel at night to other hoods the Black Pj's came out. Makes sence to me...

But I agree the "true" Ninja would be a different caste, atleast thats what it says in my AD&D Asian Adventures book. :XXsunsmil

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 4:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    There's a really cool one in "The Emperor And The Assasin". It's got Gong Li in there too...:)

That's some quirky Chinese ninja...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2010 9:53pm

Style: martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to these websites the Lin Kuei/Chinese ninjas existed but going on what both of these sites say it was a renegade Buddhist sect that just like the Triad that wanted to regain control of China from the current dynasty that was ruling China. I'm not a Chinese historian or a Kung Fu stylist so I'm just going on what I found out about them.

http://www.kungfu-kickboxer.co.uk/kuei_lin_temple.php

http://www.nationaltrainingcouncil.com/id48.htm

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 10:24pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both of those websites are complete bullshit. They site no primary sources.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345