Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 12:12am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you really want to check out the research, go to your local bookstore and check out the military history books by Ospray publishing. I picked one up on the Ninja and one on Chinese warrior monks. I haven't read those yet, but I've read other books from the publisher...stuff on WWII and the Roman empire. They're pretty good, and pretty condensed if you don't want to sift through hundreds of pages.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow look more idiots on the board. Just when we thought we were running out.

1) Ninjas did not come from China

2) CMA did NOT have a lot to do with JMA. China is NOT the birth place of all Asian MA anyone saying so is an idiot and has done no real research on the subject.

3) the Truth is a fucking idiot troll with a bad gimick.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 12:09pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA

2) CMA did NOT have a lot to do with JMA. China is NOT the birth place of all Asian MA anyone saying so is an idiot and has done no real research on the subject.

Oh, the hell you say. Next you'll be telling us there's no such thing as Drow Elves, and we all know that's ridiculous.

-daGorilla

Old School DM

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    Oh, the hell you say. Next you'll be telling us there's no such thing as Drow Elves, and we all know that's ridiculous.

-daGorilla

Drow Elf Ninjas originated in China. Duh...
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 8:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA

So theres no Southern chinese--okinawan---japanese connection in karate?

Remember most of what IS traditional japanese WAS Tang dynatsy chinese. The script , the dress, some of the language. etc. (this comes from a professor of asian studies I know, so don't question me about sources. ) For two countries that have had such a long mutual history, it is quite short sighted to proclaim isolation.

I'm not defending the chinese ninja theory. Its ludicrous. The ninja were rogue samurai. Period.

Sneaking around in the dark and scaring people to death, however, is older than time.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/21/2005 8:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theTruth
    Ok apparently since no one on here know the chinese term for ninja, it shows with little doubt that all of you have little to no knowledge about chinese martial arts.

ninja: "ren ze"
    assing: "ci ke" pronounced: tse kuh

Dont get so caught up in making fun of dumbass that you turn into one.
    Hey ASSWIPE .

1. Try reading the thread before you stick your foot in your mouth like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    It's also worth noting that a "ci ke" is nothing like a "ninja".. . . .

- from page 1 of this thread.

Also found on page 1:

Quote Originally Posted by chris_ketchens
    The mandarin word for assasin is, "ci ke".

Phonetically, suh-kuh, sort of. that's about as close as i can get without going into tone usage in sino languages.

2. You misspelled "renzhe". It's "ren zHe" not "ren ZE". And if you insist on being pedantic its actually 忍者 so shut yer trap.

No one here knows the Chinese term? You mean except for the posters here who are completely fluent in Chinese right? You fucked up the term yourself. Get a life. Lurk more. bwahahahahahahah......

:pancakebu

Watch out...he's a NINJA bunny...with sharp pointy teeth!
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/21/2005 8:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/21/2005 8:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Rotten Elf
    So theres no Southern chinese--okinawan---japanese connection in karate?
    Ryukyu islands then, and still many now, do not consider themselves Japanese. They had their own language, culture, and MA. Thats even today the make the distinction of Ryukyu karate and Japanese Karate. Many consider Japanese Karate watered down Ryukyu karate. Still with at being said that is still LITTLE part of the wide array of JMA. The idea that all JMA comes from CMA is very overblown and erroneous.

Remember most of what IS traditional japanese WAS Tang dynatsy chinese. The script , the dress, some of the language. etc. (this comes from a professor of asian studies I know, so don't question me about sources. ) For two countries that have had such a long mutual history, it is quite short sighted to proclaim isolation.
    And I never said there was isolation I said that CMA did not have alot to do with JMA which is true. I can question your source. Professors are wrong too. Given from my long time friend, Taijiquan partner, and form Asian Humanities Professor (I even invited by here to here he speek in Beijing and right bicycles through her town.) Japan's relationship from China is similar to what other nations had there was influence but not the the point that one is built of another. The development of Japan, China, and Korea is similar to England, Germany, and France. Each played have mutual history. The languages have intermixed but are still differnt.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 3:53am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty perplexed by the idea that martial arts have one common root history or prime mover.

The only originator for getting better at fighting is LOSING a fight or not wanting to lose. There are only so many ways the body can move, and only so many ways to hurt a man with your bare hands. Eventually, these ideas are going to exist concurrently in different places with different originators. For instance, one of the first things a mathematician or physicist does when creating a new proof or formula is determine if the formula or proof has already been discovered. This might seem like common sense, but we're talking about an infinite sea of ideas and possible mathematical results. Talented mathematicians find new proofs all the time, eventually, someone is going to create a proof that has previously been formed when the likelihood of that proof being created is extremely small.

In regard to fighting... creating new techniques has alot of the same connotations that a new idea for one man is another's well explored concept. As a side note, MMA becomes the obvious eventuality of martial arts. Fighting becomes a real science and our techniques are put to a real test. Practicality and efficiency become the rule of the day and innovation becomes the ability to borrow from existing material and micro manage the material to the point that they are more practical.

The mysticism of martial arts begins to die, and the magical thinker's who believe that one person somewhere is responsible for martial arts are only denying the truth: there is no originator... there's only a long line of innovators. There is no origin for wanting to be better at anything, and fighting is probably the oldest idea in mankind behind eating, sleeping, breathing and procreating.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:59pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How Do History?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast