Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/07/2005 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Combatsports MMA Training Gloves

ok well I just got the MMA Training Gloves I ordered from Combat Sports . I ordered them on Friday and they arrived in town tuesday according to the UPS Tracking Site .
    The local UPS guys suck . But they were packed and shipped out in a very reasonable amount of time.

Once recieved I promptly opened the box checked the stitching and seams . Everything seems perfect . The edges are rolled , there are no sharp protrusions , The wrist strap has heavy duty velcro . I was worried about the finger loops coming loose from the pad but now that I have been able to hold them and wear them I think they should do ok and hold up , being double stitched leather loops , but only time will tell.

I gave myself a couple ( nine or ten ) decent shots to the skull and I will say the gloves are ... uniquely padded ... they do shock a bit more than 16 oz boxing gloves but honestly they provide more padding than I was expecting for such a light weight glove .The Thumb is padded for ridge hands but the way the gloves fold out at the bottom of the glove I would hesisitate to hammer fist anyone I liked with them . It may catch an eye or eyelid . I will take some pictures tonight and show you what I mean .

I weigh in right around 150 so I was worried about the fit . The wrist strap is the barest smallest bit loose but I think when I start grip training that will be fixed untill then I will just use an elastic wrap to fill the space . If you have normal sized forarms I dont see any issues here . The gloves fit my hands perfectly though my fingers seem to stick out a tad more than they should ( long hands and fingers ) . But yet again only time and use with them will tell.

So , so far so good , I will update this thread tonight after sparring class with pictures and more commentary . I am gonna go play with my new gloves for a while.

Combat Sports MMA Training Gloves

note the nicely padded thumb area for ridge hands
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a MMAwith-thumb-shown.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	4081  

Attached Images      
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/10/2005 1:19pm at .

UFC Fighter

Posted On:
    10/07/2005 12:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, No-Gi Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love these gloves.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/08/2005 4:29pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give them thumbs up with Jlau here.

Posted On:
    10/08/2005 4:32pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can get them wholesale, and was thinking of reselling them here for people who wanted them.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/08/2005 6:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Camera is screwed and sparring sucked on friday . ( no contact ,shadow kicking, evasion drills , and other such nonsense ). Will get the pics up later tonight and the comments when I actually use the damn things to hit a person . But so far its two thumbs up .

and for the record this post was written while wearing the gloves ( just to see if I could ) ... the only handicap I can see is that the shift keys are tricky and the edge of the gloves keep hitting enter or caps lock .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2005 9:37pm

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NERD! No really though, I need to get some sparring gear (just gloves and shinpads) soon so I'll look into these. What kind of shinpads do you guys use? I just want enough padding for daily sparring. Thanks.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/09/2005 11:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman_withers
    NERD! No really though, I need to get some sparring gear (just gloves and shinpads) soon so I'll look into these. What kind of shinpads do you guys use? I just want enough padding for daily sparring. Thanks.
    I dont have any shin guards I borrow an old ass ragged TKD shin/instep slide on protectors from my Hapkido instructor when we spar . They seem to do ok for me but my sparring partners arent as dedicated to MA and dont condition as much as I do and they claim the pads dont do crap for them . I think its the perfect level of protection for me .

P.S. pictures are up .....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2005 6:04pm

Style: Hapkido & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hate to bump an old thread, but just wondering if the wholesale situation came to fruition? Also wondering if you've had a chance to spar with these to date. I'm very interesting in using these as sparring/bag gloves, so any caveats/issues so far?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/05/2005 6:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitask
    Hate to bump an old thread, but just wondering if the wholesale situation came to fruition? Also wondering if you've had a chance to spar with these to date. I'm very interesting in using these as sparring/bag gloves, so any caveats/issues so far?
    I have been using these gloves as bag gloves recently ... the foam died in my wavemaster freestanding bag ( so its basicly like punching a PVC pipe with a feather pillow wrapped around it ... ). They are holding up fine on a canvas bag ... I would assume leather would be a little harder on them ... * shrugs * they are good gloves so far ... I cant complain ...

I have done some light contact and medium contact with them ... I love them . I will put some full contact miles on the gloves this coming up saturday I will update again after that happens .

Problems ?
    I havent found any yet ... one of the best 60 bucks I have ever spent ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2005 8:45am

Style: Hapkido & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I have been using these gloves as bag gloves recently ... the foam died in my wavemaster freestanding bag ( so its basicly like punching a PVC pipe with a feather pillow wrapped around it ... ). They are holding up fine on a canvas bag ... I would assume leather would be a little harder on them ... * shrugs * they are good gloves so far ... I cant complain ...

I have done some light contact and medium contact with them ... I love them . I will put some full contact miles on the gloves this coming up saturday I will update again after that happens .

Problems ?
    I havent found any yet ... one of the best 60 bucks I have ever spent ...
    Thanks for the update. I think I'll be ordering a set, as everyone who uses them seems to be happy with their performance. My heavy bag is a leather Everlast model, so I'll try to add my experiences with them to this thread.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast