Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/17/2002 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Son of Knifer is a LIAR!!!

He CANT be the son of Knifer: Knifer has NEVER gotten LAID! And we all KNOW that MEN cant give birth yet. That technology just isnt here yet.

A FRAUD exposed!

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2002 11:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHOA!! These insults are getting my blood up on a
    Sat. morning. Everybody should calm down. There are alot of valid points being made here. Please don't turn this place into Shercrap or the UG.

The only true idiot is Knifer/Son of..etc. He will make a semi-valid point and then slam BJJ with a bullshit story about a 'friend who got stabbed trying to use it' and 'he died in my car' blah blah blah.

That is the type of crap people should use their talents to flame on. This thread was good for a flow of information, just too many insults.
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 1:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse me for interjecting my opinion into this heated debate but I think the scissors squeeze move thing can really be well understood by watching Fahmke Jannsen in Goldeneye as she cracks James Bond's ribs. mmm, Fahmke.

Also, an interesting side note. You only Live Twice is all about ninjas. That's right Sean Connery had ninjas helping him - he was even trained by them - James Bond is a ninja!!!

A lot of pro wrestlers back in the day used the scissors to squeeze their opponant. It wasn't for defense but hey.. maybe Helio got it from watching the Iron Shiek. You never know!

Anyway, um .. what I'm saying is .. lighten up guys. :P
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 2:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guard is the only position in BJJ that I haven't seen focussed on elsewhere in the martial arts.

Claiming to have invented the mount is about as silly as claiming to have invented the missionary position. Every little kid uses the mount to hold his little brother down. They have done it since the beggining of time. The side guard is also a natural position BJJ just put a name o it.

The guard and the half-guard though. You see it happen spontaneously in Judo competitions but I think BJJ really focussed on it like nobody else. I will give them credit for it.

You might find it in some old Gene Lebell books but then he was studying BJJ before any of us ever heard of it.

my kung fu eeeeeees better than yours!

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 2:37am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo has always included the guard, just hasn't focused on it the way BJJ does. I do Shootfighting and the grappling in Shootfighting is not at all from BJJ, it's from Judo among other things and the guard is used plenty. The thing about the guard in Judo is that there's such a short time limit on the ground that you either want to just hold the guy or reverse him or submit him really fast, you don't play the guard for any length of time.

However in Shootfighting where there is no time limit on the ground so the grappling becomes more similar to BJJ naturally. Once you're on the ground for an unlimited amount of time you learn the importance of the guard whether you want to or not.

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 3:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None of those things were taught in ANY martial art outside of Judo/Bjj. Funny how Ron Van Clief is a livign LEGEND in Chinese Goju and about 7 has about a MILLION titles and trained for over 30 years and he couldnt land ONE PUNCH against skinny Royce Gracie or do ANYTHING to dislodge the mount huh? He MUST have known these positions since ALL arts practice them right?

How many black belts does Pat Smith have? He looked great underneath Royce too. Couldnt do a THINg. He didnt know HOW to escape.

Watch Gracie Jiu Jitsu in Action. You'll see some GREAT fighters on that too. They all seemed SOOOO familiar with those positions. Like the Kung Fu stylist that Royce took down, mounted and then SLAPPED for about 2 minutes. It was a mockery. These guys ALL knew these positions. VERY well versed.

Alot of them seemed to even know that EXTREMELY WORKABLE and TECHNICAL escape from the mount where you try and put your feet under the top mans armpits while he tenderizes your face. THAT works well.....

Do you guys really believe the **** your saying? Who told you this? I damn well KNOW none of you practiced ground fighting in any other arts besides Judo before the UIFC made them popular. Why? Werent thay a part of your arts?

SPREAD THE BOOLSHEET!

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 3:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And for your info boys and girls, telling someone that they can hit someone while sitting on their chest is NOT groundfighting. Its like telling a guy:

"Close your hand and swing your arm at someone...thats a punch."

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 7:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The oldschool is here. Damn PeeDee any harsher on those guys and they might cry!

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That feet under the armpits thing works if you know what you're doing and you're flexible enough, TK uses it well.

Posted On:
    8/18/2002 7:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a port movement designd to get the mounted person in a half boston crab. Its a used most in Sambo.

NONE of these idiots was trying to do that. They were just flailing in desperation.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast