Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoshida SHOULD be able to throw Royce. But the match wont end there. Royce will submit him. Royce's style is just better suited for this kind of match or MMA in general.

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 4:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not a wiseass question.

do judo guys even practice single and double leg takedown defenses?

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 4:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes they do. They're not considered GOOD Judo takedowns tho. Thats one fo the things that holds Judo back. Things that WORK are sometimes not practiced in favor of Tradition.

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 4:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was pretty funny when I went to the local Judo Club and had no problem taking down black belts with a single leg.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 5:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you give me an a sampleof something they dont practice cause of tradition?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >And then Royce will get guard and submit Yoshida...

This may surprise a lot of pple but the GUARD, MOUNT, and SIDE MOUNT have been around for a LOOOOOOONG time. (Yes even in CMA!!!) So why would this be a factor Yoshida. Also TMA JJ schools and Judo DO have single and double leg takedowns, like PD said. Choke, I don't know what club you visited but if they acted like a single leg takedown was NEW then I wonder aobut their judo teacher. Now if you say the are not practice because of tradion I say this is wrong the judo clubs I have seen, here and in Japan. Do practice them but they will not get you the IPPON in a Judo match so they do get placed on the back burner.

The IPPON is the goal of competition but during regular Judo practice, especially randori, you go until someone submits.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

Edited by - Asia on August 15 2002 17:52:51
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 9:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A simple cross choke. In GJJ it is done by rotating your radius bones and pulling to give more leverage. I think it was Rafeal Torre who said he once showed a Judo man that and the Judo instructor said he knew it ws better that was. When Torre asked why he didnt TEACH it that way the man shrugged and said "Tradition".

I dont want to get into this because its going to happen soon anyway, but we're going to see a WORLD CHAMPION in judo face someone who doesnt even COMPETE in the BJJ competiton circut. If Royce beats him then all the people who say that GJJ is the same as Judo are going to look pretty stupid.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 9:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the Mount and Guard and Side Control are techniques that people outside Judo and Jiu jitsu are so familiar with then why were people outside these styles HELPLESS against these techniques?

I've been around the M.A. scene for a while man. Dont listen to people who lie and tell you those techniques were always known. They try and make fools out of people.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 10:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Choke there are plenty of McDojo type Judo blackbelts. I don't know how good these guys were but national level Judo players are very tough and hard to take down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2002 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea that reall sucks about Judo. They also rely way to much on the gi. I mean c'mon not every opponent wears a gi they need to adapt techniques so a person without a gi.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast