Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 9:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twinlab Mass Fuel is excellent. It contains a negligible amount of simple sugars and has creatine, glutamine, and many beneficial amino acids in it. It tastes excellent, also.

Cytosport's Cyto Gainer is also very comparable.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 10:50am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    G.G. is correct - you're doing the wrong stuff for your goals. You don't need something from twinlabs, you need proper nutriton and a better workout plan. Then you can worry about suppliments.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/10/2005 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a question: Who told you to work out that much?

PL

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 1:42am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Supplements are exactly that, supplementation to a good training regimen and diet. A crappy diet and illogical training schedule isn't going to be fixed by anything you can pop or inject, except for Synthol.... =-)

Yes I workout 3 times a day lower body monday, wednesday, satuarday upper body tuesday, friday and sunday.Seperated into barbell workout first 45 minutes then bodyweight excercises 45 minutes then dumbell excercises 1 hour for both upper and lower body. So thanks for the input now could some people recommend how lon g should i wait between workouts and if it helps to have fat to gain muscle?Thanks.

Your routine sucks. Yes, fat is needed in small amounts for proper body function. Mineral solubility, etc. 45 g's of fat per 2000 calories is key for proper mass building for a power athlete.
    Last edited by Equipoise; 10/11/2005 1:45am at .

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 10:17am

Style: Taekwondo,Boxing and free

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay first of all thanks for the suggestions now i have a few more questions number 1 how much should i work out? Number 2 how much more calories will i need and what percentages of proteins,carbs and fats should i have in my diet?Third question is what excercises should i reduce to for each body part?Final question what is others opinions on the 5x5 regimen?

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 10:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just thought of another question. When i correct my diet should is it all right to go ahead and start taking the supplements.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 12:08pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwarangwarrior
    Just thought of another question. When i correct my diet should is it all right to go ahead and start taking the supplements.
    For me, since I'm also a beginner, I go by this.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalSalvation
    Supplements by and large either A. Don't work at all or B. Don't work nearly as well as their ads promise. My advice for anyone who's been lifting for less than a few years is to completely ignore supplements. You don't need andro, you need to lift some fucking weights and eat some growing food. The only "supplements" I use are whey protein (it's just protein, it's just easier to blend up a shake than cook a steak sometimes), a simple grocery store vitamin, and additional vit c, zinc and magnesium. An extra b-complex vitamin might also be worthwhile, and I may try that in the near future. No creatine, no 1ad, none of that ****. Just food and vitamins. If you're looking for the newest supplement to give your lifting a boost, first kick yourself in the ass for trying to find a quick fix, then remind yourself that getting strong takes hard work, a lot of dedication, and that there are no short cuts. Spend your creatine money on some more food or 45's.
    Good intro. Go read. :book1:.
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...hreadid=197034

Posted On:
    10/11/2005 2:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay first of all thanks for the suggestions now i have a few more questions number 1 how much should i work out? Number 2 how much more calories will i need and what percentages of proteins,carbs and fats should i have in my diet?Third question is what excercises should i reduce to for each body part?Final question what is others opinions on the 5x5 regimen?
    1. Is dependant upon what stage of fitness you're in, as well as your goal. We can just throw a number out there.

2. Protein 1.6g per kg of body weight, Carbohydrates- 8.0 per kg, Fats 45 g per 2000 cals, Calories- 500 extra per day over what you normally take in.

3. Compound lifts.

4. 5x5 is fine for a brief period as is any scheme, the schemes and methodologies need to be constantly changed to avoid stagnation/accomdation of the body. Everything works for a while.

Hold off for a while.

Supplements by and large either A. Don't work at all or B. Don't work nearly as well as their ads promise. My advice for anyone who's been lifting for less than a few years is to completely ignore supplements. You don't need andro, you need to lift some fucking weights and eat some growing food. The only "supplements" I use are whey protein (it's just protein, it's just easier to blend up a shake than cook a steak sometimes), a simple grocery store vitamin, and additional vit c, zinc and magnesium. An extra b-complex vitamin might also be worthwhile, and I may try that in the near future. No creatine, no 1ad, none of that ****. Just food and vitamins. If you're looking for the newest supplement to give your lifting a boost, first kick yourself in the ass for trying to find a quick fix, then remind yourself that getting strong takes hard work, a lot of dedication, and that there are no short cuts. Spend your creatine money on some more food or 45's.

Decent advice, but misguided a bit. Do some reading about Creatine, Pro-hormones, and other such supplementations, they do work, and quite well provided you use them correctly and know a bit about chemistry as some blends work much better than others.

Posted On:
    10/13/2005 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well to reply to AkiraMusashi's anser on question 1 I have been lifting weights for almost 2.5 years now. Also i would like your input about my new lifting for upper body;Incline benchpress 4x12,decline 3x8, flat 2x10, militay press 4x12 diamond pushups, Bicep curls 4x10, Preacher curl 4x8, and 3x15 Bag Work with Hands for 15 min(Divided into 2 workouts). Also are squats, deadlifts, rows, leg extensions, wall squats,running 2 miles,calf raises and donkey calf raises and leg bagwork 15 minutes(divided into 2 workouts) enough for the lower body or do I need more compund excercises to go along with them. Also is it possible to workout and not recover enough but not be sore?

Posted On:
    10/13/2005 11:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're doing way too much.

For the total workout, one doesn't need more than 50 total repetitions. Also limit your exercises to one area per day.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast